1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There is another RC update incoming later today Ill post a combined changelog after that.

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All fine for me

3. Dolph

Why do you think a setup that nullifies the dirty air is possible? There should be no way to do that. A good step towards that would be to remove all wings from the car.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Dolph

USA part 3 is out already in August 2022. It includes the FUSA 2023 that is released now. It is not for free if you part 1 and part 2. It is free if you own a pack that includes it.

USA part 4 will be maybe out end of 2023. It is free if you own a pack that includes it, not if you have just bought parts 1, 2, 3

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Hope it doesn’t get delayed like the RC:p

6. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Sorry I mixed things, have all three parts.
    It was "Racin´ USA Bonus Pack" which I remeber that mentioned include for pt1, 2 and 3 buyers for free. Q2 was told to release date.

7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

did you watch the Indy 500 and how close these cars go through the corners? not all criticism of the game or its handling is cause someone doesnt know their stuff or hate or whatever someone calls it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you raced it yet? Cause I really hope you are not commenting on a topic if you haven't tried it yourself. What I am saying is, is that no matter what is done to the car, you can not follow at all and the car experiences extreme aero loss to the point where you go straight into the wall no matter how much steering input or set up changes made. That is not how it is supposed to be. Lifting off the throttle going 230 mph does not mitigate it and if you do lift off, the AI are gone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's nice to see the Formula Retro, specially Gen 1, be improved, they are now worth your while for driving. Aero is still off, they are too fast on a straight line. Hopefully this is what will be revised on the next iteration of physics.

• Like Like x 2
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm a huge fan of this "more progressive" tire slip... a lot more enjoyable and mimic real life more closely (in my own track/super car experience).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Apex

Apex Active Member

Yes, I've noticed that too. Rather than suddenly going over the limit you can sort of feel and hear it coming and take appropriate action. Unless you do something really silly, which is still possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of, since the Nurburgring '71 update, I've been noticing new tire sounds. I thought maybe it was just part of the update to the Vintage Tourers, but I've started to hear it in other cars as well. It's a nice little detail that just helps with immersion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

In fact, for the first time I have the connection to the street in the defaults, very good work. Yes it needs some changes in the Customs but again it's fantastic. The only thing that bothers me a lot is the flat spot they took into physics. This is so dominant that it covers everything after a short time. I hope it will be corrected because it is very annoying for defaults and customs:)

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So I did another test on dirty air (Barcelona, 10 laps) in an online lobby with a few people that were a little slower than me. What I found was that dirty air, if there is only one car in front, seems mostly reasonable (even if it still prevents equally fast people from overtaking each other; I guess that's the cost of realism in this case).

However, with two cars in front, dirty air seemed to increase its effect exponentially, leading to heavy loss of grip that mean the third car was often the slowest in the group. This is counterintuitive because it shouldn't be a 1+1 situation with how the dirty air affects you.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Dicra

Suggestions like above have a hard time in the forums... people always think that someone's trying to take away from their realism, but negative effects drivers experience in real life (that other sims gloss over) can also be too pronounced...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dolph

There is no setup possible that nullifies dirty air. At least not in life. Maybe in a sim with broken physics.

Raced what? Such incorrect statements on principle will never hold true, whether I race a car or not.

If there is too much dirty air, then its possibly a problem with simulation, not setup.

17. Dolph

Yes, I watched it. If I watch it, is it a free ticket to write nonsensical posts like you do?

18. Dicra

Can you go three posts without needlessly insulting someone while also having misunderstood what the discussion is about?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly before it was so weak most did not even recognize it. Maybe now it's a tad too aggressive but I think it's closer to something logical now than it used to be. Driving on heavily flat spotted tires is generally possible only for very few laps (see Peugeot at Portimao in the WEC). It is indeed severely discomfortable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Flatspots are part of racing and seems far more annoying IRL than sim including visual impacts. Usually going back with the brake-bias a few clicks makes is less crucial. Maybe lower the brake-sensitivity as well. Reiza seems also aware that the feedback for locking up the front-tyres could be improved.

Btw GT3/4-driver Daniel Morad recently stated, that the braking in ACC is 1/2 out of 10, so you just learn bad habits running this title. Not sure why he endorse iRacing that doesn't support flat-spotting, but at least stamping on the brake doesn't make you faster...