1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the boost still only applies for as long as you press the fast pedal. I imagine it just being as if you had switched the turbo power up temporarily.

2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is true, there are streaks of dirty all over the track after a long ai race. Its cool that its possible but racetracks in-game do begin to resemble dirt tracks after a while.

3. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

try nailing one of your feet to the floor and then running, you will get an idea of what a pivot is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At Imola 1988 it is brutal. Rivazza 1, Rivazza 2, the whole Tamburello up to the hairpin... Some examples:

upload_2023-6-7_11-2-1.png

upload_2023-6-7_11-2-31.png

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Even worse at VIR. Basically any track with limited track width and high amounts of grass around the track (especially around passing areas) is highly susceptible to this.

6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Shouldnt the cars that pass through the dirt on the track create a path? But I think the big problem still is that in every lap a bunch of AI goes in the grass, there isnt even time to creat a path in the dirt at the track.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dicra

I actually didn't know about that additional coat of rubber - that also explains the heavy drop off from fresh tires to used tires which we didn't see before, when sometimes used tires worked better than new ones. It also explains how tires can deliver such amazing performance in quali yet suffer so much for the race.

And I begin to slowly understand why everyone who ever worked with STM is so in awe of it ... I guess they really thought of almost everything?

From my experience with the updated cars, I can safely say that this is the first time in the game's history where I have no specific, overarching criticism of its mechanics. Before, curved corner exits worked strangely (car was overly twitchy in them for nearly every car class) and I sometimes felt like I found grip in places where there shouldn't be any (heavily turning while fully braking with Group A).

Now, when I touch the setup, the car ends up doing what I expect it to and nothing else. It's quite an exhilarating experience, especially to compare to real life footage and see how well they constantly match up.

I actually wouldn't know how to improve from that standard, if this is what 1.5 will deliver consistently (even for my perceived problem childs like F-Trainer or Caterhams, or pretty much everything that's FWD).

So I'm very much looking forward to you guys finally unleashing what SETA tire model can do from 1.6 and onwards. For me it feels like this time you managed to get it to the point it was always intended to reach.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i think i know what he is referring to, in chase cam, when you use the look behind button, the car becomes like an electric car, no engine sound whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A new Release Candidate build is now live as AMS2 hits V1.4.8.1 - the F-USAs Gen1-3 physics revision is still ongoing but once that´s completed and provided there are no other issues, we should roll to an official release soon.

V1.4.8.1 CHANGELOG

• Fixed missing rear wet compound for P1 2023 tires
    • F-USA 2023 (all variants): Revised engine torque curve and boost pressure mapping; Reduced default steering lock for speedway variant
    • F.Vintage Gen1: Initial force feedback revisions
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Adjusted AI start performance & DRS gains; Reduced dirty air effect; Adjusted thresholds for sparks to be generated from bottoming out
    • F-Classic (All gens): Adjusted dirty air effect
    • Adjusted AI consistency range for less overall laptime variation from lap to lap (consistency standards will still vary class to class and from driver to driver within same class)
    • F-Retro Gen1: AI calibration pass
    • Barcelona: Art updates & addition of remining trackside objects; Updated AI performance & lines for both layouts; Fixed bug causing AI to drop out within one lap in chicane layout; Added DRS zones to trackmap
    • Virginia: Corrected LOD issue with the marshal huts
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Adjusted display centering tire temps & adding page 2 with tire pressures & fuel delta
    • F-Junior: Added needle damping to analogue gauges

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 50
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Hey! I've had a chat with a friend who works in Indycar about this. From his reply there is no standardized way to show it, but they do show on the steering wheel - "For us the background of our dash turns green; for other cars they have these lights flash green, there's a few different ways to do it. As for the information on the dash itself, every teams does it a little bit different as well, but the driver does have access to that sort of information if they want to. A small box saying "P2P: 105/150 REM" or a bar that depletes would be more than enough!"

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The last picture also helps understanding the definition of US and OS with respect to the instantaneous center of rotation position along the car compared to COG. The more the slip angle at the front the more it will move to the forward of the car.
    The less the slip angle at the front and the more the slip angle at the rear will cause the center of rotation to move rearward compared to the car.
    Another interesting point that you can appreciate here is that in the theoretical config without slip angles you would want the internal front tire to turn more than the external in order to converge to a single point: this is called cinematically correct steering setting. This is achieved/promoted by using toe out config at the front and in facts is the main reason why race cars have it, as opposed to street cars where for straight line stability they get a toe in configuration.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Apex

Apex Active Member

I think it has been reported already, but the race start signal is missing as well as the engine sound for approaching cars in replay. The menu background sound is stuttering too. I've only noticed it with the Junior, but honestly I haven't tested with other cars since the RC came because it's just such a fun ride.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dicra

Just tested this at Jacarepagua with F-Classic G4, and my God what a difference. I can still feel dirty air heavily, but when there are multiple cars in front of me, it's no longer impossible to catch up to the back of them, there's no longer this painfully ploughing front end that seems to have lost all downforce.

If that impression stays, HUGE upgrade for me personally!

(Now I remember a similar effect in the F-V10G2, that might be another one worth looking at in a similar fashion, because while yes, that one suffered even more from dirty air, groups of cars in front of you can cost you 2-3 seconds a lap even if you are more than a second away from them. Might also be worth looking at when this gets revised.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nils Arend

Nils Arend New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza. The default setup is now much better for me at Indianapolis.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Does this mean blistering could be simulated?

16. Dicra

F-USA 2023 still has no consistent amount of countersteer you have to apply on the straights. It still behaves as unpredictable as other cars with a broken suspension. In the corners I feel like it works as it should, but it's currently not drivable for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately on a gamepad this car can display limitations you aren't getting to solve on that device due to the aggressive nature of how the suspension and allignment is set up. All you can do is setting it towards a more symmetrical approach otherwise it will become pretty difficult indeed to hold it straight naturally on a stick without FFB feeding back the offset center.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rmagid1010

Maybe the gamepad steering assist feature could be modified for oval tracks to account for this?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Mauricio Vittorazzi

Mauricio Vittorazzi New Member

Are speedway variants of the F-USA 2023 supposed to be as steering sensitive as it feels? Even trying to be very gentle on turn-in and out I feel a high amount of oversteer, almost losing the back end on corner exits, specially on Indianapolis. I don't experience the same behavior with road variants, they feel absolutely great by the way.

Might be something between wheel and seat, I dunno.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rmagid1010

I turn down the steering angle much lower

• Agree Agree x 1