1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, I can't get it to work either. Don't know what I'm messing up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ever thought about a stick extension to steer more precisely
    IMG_1884.jpeg

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Not to draw this any longer than necessary as it´s perfectly fine to disagree with our reasoning on the topic, but you´re not contradicting anything I said :) Monza straight is 1100m, Estoril 986m - they both come after long opening Parabolica corners meaning they reach the straight already at high speed but Estoril´s straight is downhill, Monza is level. Assuming the slightly hotter temps at Estoril didn´t lead to a significant engine output loss, the only other differences that could justify the differences in top speed is engine configuration and wing setting, which as you suggested wasn´t that different - only so much can be said by pictures but from the images below of the FW11 at Monza and Estoril it seems that other than the bottom element and Gurney flap at Estoril they were pretty similar. Is that and the slightly shorter but downhill straight enough to bring top speed down so much from Monza to Estoril, or did they also tune the boost down for the Portuguese race so drivers had better driveability out of the twisty bits? You seem to be of the opinion it´s all in the aero setup and the track, we think the boost was also likely not the same for both tracks. I don´t think we have enough info to prove the other wrong here, they´re both reasonable takes on limited reference data :)
    DGZKcV8WsAAkOzl.jpg
    Piquet-Williams-Honda-1986.jpg

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@F1Aussie

You guys need to have a race session running. It's not permitted in practice/qualy session formats.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tested the Brabham BT52 today and even if i enjoyed the ride i have to admit i was struggling with the default setup at first. The default setup is not really convenient as the front locks up too much. By just moving the brake bias from 57/43 to 50/50 the car is suddenly much more driveable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Your comment triggered me to look into the values and as it turns out you were correct, the F-Classics were indeed set too high so thanks for that :) As we go through the revisions I´ll make sure to double check on them so any further discrepancies are ironed out.

• Like Like x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 17
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

using the chase cam and rotating it to a specific angle does make a sound bug on the f junior here

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I tested all the cars with 1.5 physics. All nice. I'm only really missing AI tire wear. In F-Ultimate Gen2 is hard to keep the pace with AI running in softs the entire race without any pit stop, even in a Race with real laps number.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my case, as soon as I change the camera view the sound gets muffled, no matter the driving view. It happens when changing the camera view only, but stays muffled thereafter until the session is finished.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the MP4/4 from Classic Gen 2 at Imola 88, and that car seems to be spot on in all performance measures. The BT52 from Retro Gen 3 gives me the impression of being too fast on a straightline, but I don't have reliable top speed data of it.

11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm getting problems with the Mandatory Pitstops - probably with the new "min tyres" option. Even if I stop and change all 4 tyres, I get a DQ for not stopping, as do many of the AI, despite them also stopping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, in the bottom picture the top element of the wing is taller - compare the letters C, a, o

Also, in the picture the second element seems taller - or maybe not - not sure.

And then in the bottom picture there is also the black rear wing detail creating a very small see through area, whereas in the top picture the see through area is big.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed the flowing on the new build:

FFB is very granny now. There is a vibration on slownspeed corners when the wheel feta heavier. Tested with f1 Gen2 and fusa23 at Barcelona on ffb default.

Fusa23 tire colours is not working. Tried changing tires in the menu settings and in the pits during a race, both failed to show the correct colours. Gen2 tires work fine.

14. CrimsonEminence

Could you please share:

-Car
    -Track
    -Session duration type (laps or time) and how many/long
    -Used tire compound
    -Conditions of weather

15. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

The formula Junior is a blast around many tracks, but the excellent physics have made me wonder why the demo hasn't been updated in a while. After all, this leads to a wrong impression of the status of ams2 and could potentially repel many people.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Welll ... I just set the setup to "symmetrical" both on the first and on the second page of the setup screen.

And after doing that and therefore having a completely symmetrical setup, the car continued to pull to the left in an irregular manner. Does that have something to do with the shape of the tires, or could it be that there is some sort of suspension bug in this car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

No bug...

Please watch :)

Of course it continues to turn left, because it's configured to do so. Even if you go symmetrical it will still turn left due to that.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

OK I have to admit I did not know that, but oval racing never was my forte to begin with...

Still surprising to me that continuously applying the same amount of countersteer on a straight doesn't work in this car, but as I said, ovals are not my forte.

19. CrimsonEminence

Yeah tire stagger is a little mindblow indeed, we actually expected it to have an even stronger effect on the cars than it already does, but seems it's more pronounced without a FFB device.

The allignment of an oval car and constant changes to speed/acceleration (torque difference and even axle flex are involved for example) etc. are really hard to manage on a stick that has way less throw for corrections than a steering wheel basically has to adjust straighline direction paired with missing FFB which feeds back allignment from the cars whole geometry and tires. I think it actually becomes easier to constantly countersteer when you keep your speed steady which isn't a practical scenario though.

20. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's happened in every race that I've set mandatory pit stops with a min tyre value (probably 4 or 5 races) over the past couple of days since the RC update with that option available.

I've only been racing those cars that have the 1.5 physics, so all of the races will have involved the various F1 Classic Gen 1-4 cars and maybe also the Formulas Inter and Junior.

My most recent race was, I think, Classic Gen 4 @ Jacarepagua 1988, 8 laps, dry conditions (ranging from light cloud to haze), default tyres.

I think one of the races where it occurred was Santa Cruz in the Formula Inters (also various dry conditions and probably about 6-8 laps).

• Informative Informative x 3