1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Here's a 100% names-matched AI file for the Formula Juniors. By the way, this new class means that Reiza has dipped its toes into the 1950s!*

The IndyCar 2023 is clearly not directly name-matchable for obvious reasons ... the quasi-familar names don't match up with the nationalities, so I pulled up a spotter's guide and assigned drivers manually to various liveries. It needs another pass, but it will do for now.

Update:

* FIA Historic regulations stipulate that the Reiza Formula Junior, with its disc brakes, is most akin to an E1/E2 class (1961-63) Formula Junior.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The formula junior is really great - 10 laps of the sudschleife were fantastic. FFB feels floaty now and not as responsive - might need to play with the settings a bit - reduce dampeners maybe.
    Is it by design that you can only see other 1.4.8 RC drivers in multiplayer? No other multiplayer lobby’s are visible

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally, my bro's <3 Bit bummed tonight cause I wanted to install a new 2TB SSD for normie games, (1TB NMVE for W10 + AMS 2/Beta) but can't find my RM550x sata powercable + a sata cable. So drinking beer instead, hehe. Weekend going to be fun. Ps. Should have done my preparation better, hehe.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Give us some overheating drum brakes and overweight bicycle tires, and we've covered every decade of Formula One!

f-origins-g2.png

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Is there likely to be an individual track DLC for Barcelona?

6. Burl

Burl Member

Hoping we get more than the current amount of liveries for the F-USA 2023. Having only 24 seems like a bit of an oversight, considering Indy generally has over 30 drivers starting each race.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Looks like there's been some tinkering with the MP or something...

On RC build there's limited lobbies from only RC builds and no empty lobbies... On the previous builds it didn't matter if it was RC or not the lobbies showed up... I had to revert to to the previous build to get into a league event...

Could this be to separate the physics differences?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would guess that is the case. It's been something I've wondered about for a while, given it could give players who update an advantage/disadvantage. Hopefully, this should be a short RC and everyone can enjoy the new content soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Just tested the AI with the Formula USA 2023 around Spa 2022, overall very slow and sluggish of all corners on 120 difficulty and high aggression, coming to an almost full stop at the bus stop chicane. Probably worth double checking in this specific scenario!

Also, for some more immediate feedback on the F-USA 2023 specifically - It's very difficult to tell how much push to pass you have left over in terms of seconds, and the UI at the bottom right isn't nearly as informative as it should be. Would it be possible to add a big number on the car's dashboard showing how much push to pass is available in seconds? If there is one there, I wasn't able to spot it, but still it should be bigger since this is one of the biggest strategic things about the real life series. Another option would be to also change it to toggle mode instead of hold, since you use it so much. Besides that minor detail, car feels good on road tracks, hoping to test it in ovals soon. Great work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Ok, here are my thoughts after trying some track and car combos with the updated physics.

First of all, I have a G920, use the default FFB, with personally tunned settings, but they are very similar to the Reizas recommended settings.

The first thing I've noticed is that somehow and in a good way, breaking and trail breaking has become easier. Cant tell why, but a lock-up now means that you really overcooked the corner.

The FFB is more communicative, despite the fact that I haven't changed anything regarding the FFB.

Overall, the cars are more controllable, more responsive and easier to drive but at the same time they are handful to drive. Hard to convey this with words, but it feels like I am making more small corrections but with less catastrophic results, meaning that it is easier to catch the signs that the car is losing control and becoming unstable. Now you can feel the signs and correct properly.

In summary, I really liked the update and was really surprised by the F-USA 23. I am really impressed with this car and it is already on my top 5 of the entire simracing. The F-junior is really fun and slides in a manageable way and is great. Given the quality of the F-Inter I was expecting the same level of quality, and quality wise they match.

Again, congrats to Reiza team. Version 1.5 is shaping up to be a real game changer and now I feel that the sim, physics wise, has peaked.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys have absolutely killed it with this update! The Formula Junior at Monaco is such an amazing combo, can't wait to try it at other street circuits

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

The Formula USA is great and just what I was hoping for! Also glad that the braking issue that I (and some others) have been dealing with has been looked at and adjusted*. No longer feels like it can all go wrong with .01 ounce of excess pressure. Really looking forward to the full update!

*edit: for the cars running new physics, at least

14. omni

omni New Member

An epic update! Smalls formula just perfect, formula classic and ultimate seems much better than before, but feels too forgiving

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you reset the setups?

16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay I’m in love with the formula Junior

what a fun lil car the new tire model feel fantastic I enjoyed every car with it so far

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

These physics updates on the affected cars are the most massive changes in car feeling ive felt to date for AMS2.

Massive difference in turnage or ''riding the slide'' in a corner. Getting on the throttle in most cars feels more natural aswell. The levels of grip feel better yet when you overcook it you really get punished.

Tyres are feeling good, the red tyres wear on the modern F1 car goes hard now and going offroad with some of these 1.5 physics cars feels extremely slippery and affected in the gravel trap in all the right ways.

I love this direction, give me more of this :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question. Do the new tires have a new "damage" modelling? I took the USA2023 around Laguna Seca and of course I put a wheel in the sand at some point :) Did a huge spin at high speed and was left with around 25% tire life on one side of the car.

I went and tried the new Ultimate Gen2 tires and it's the same, to a lesser degree, if you cause a massive slide. These tires didn't do that before release candidate.

If it's new, I'm sure people would love to hear about it in the changelogs.Didn't find anything. It's an awesome feature.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you were sliding on the tires then it flat spots which drops the tire life a whole lot. It's the same with locking up one of the fronts a few times. The tire life drops very quickly because of the flat spot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

There is some videos of cars spinning inside the boxes in this Indy 500

• Informative Informative x 2