1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Right at game startup, main menu. But also when on the grid starting a race. Controller bindings lost, but won't save any new bindings either.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you check the DLC section on your AMS2 library page? (if it's checkmarked there)

3. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Barcelona is not showing for me even though I have the season pass.

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

have you got mods installed by any chance?

5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

No, only liveries. On the proper release too not RC. Doing a steam integrity now,

6. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, they built 3 cars which they then sold to selected customers. They just didn't want to go that performance and spending route with Porsche and Mercedes and instead focus on F1. Such a shame.

Larini was lapping faster with that thing at Fiorano than with the 333SP.

This is the test car 001 on the dyno

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This has to be the cleanest track in AMS2, no aliasing or jaggies/shimmer anywhere. Looks amazing in VR. I hope whatever is done here can be updated to other tracks in the future.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. GearNazi

Still doing it after integrity check... Can't save any bindings or changes made in controller settings....

Weird, problem resolved. "Documents" folder was somehow inaccessible. Coincided strangely with the update...
    PC restart fixed it.

Crimson? Thanks for everything you do and always being there for us.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  9. Mauricio Vittorazzi

Mauricio Vittorazzi New Member

The season pass store page is slightly out of date as it mentions six track packs of which two of them were unanounced at the time. I suppose those were Monza and Barcelona, right? That said, if Barcelona is indeed included in the season pass, something is wrong, because the track is not included in my DLC list on Steam nor available in-game by now, after the update.

If someone could clarify, please, I'll be thankful.

Edit: Resolved as per CrimsonEminence response below.

10. GearNazi

Hmmm.. seems to be on my end... But weirdly coinciding with the update.

11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Those times were without restrictors though, with about 750hp.

That was the problem, they would have had to create an Evo version of a race car based on a road to even be able to to keep up with pretty much full-fledged race cars. They were aiming to get in the F50 GT for customers and keep it competitive for a few years with a bit of developement like they did with the F40, that wasn't possible against Porsche and Mercedes who just created an almost completely new racecar every year.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry folks, there was a mixup behind the curtain which made the Barcelona track unavaiable for season pass and premium track pack users - this issue should be sorted now, please restart steam client and game.

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 5
  13. Mauricio Vittorazzi

Mauricio Vittorazzi New Member

Confirmed, it's all good now. Steam shenanigans at it again, eh? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Not exactly true, in 1996 when Porsche entered the car it was already clear that works teams would be allowed for the 1997 season under the new FIA umbrella. Ferrari just knew the F50 couldn't compete and they were not willing to spend the money to build homologation special from the ground up like the others did.

15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

All F-USA?!? Let's goooo :D

Also Catalunya is nicely priced for those without a pass, GG Reiza :hurrayreiza:

(Edit: price in my region, which is 5.99 gbp fwiw :) )

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure there will be people that will complain about the price of the Catalunya DLC saying it only has 2 layouts while other premium track DLCs have more layouts for the same price. :)

17. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

That is NOT true. Porsche entered with the excuse that they were testing the car. I remember like if it was yesterday the eurosport commentator saying this.

Mercedes wasn't even on the Horizon then, and they only got interested in GT racing when the ITC got canned, and they had nowhere to race their works team and drivers.

The F50 would have been more than fast enough to take on the 911 GT1, which was nothing but a cut 993 with the back of a 962C stuck on, a cheap botch and job work compared with what was essentially a 333SP for the road like the F50 was, a full on carbon fiber chassis and body with the V12 as a stressed member. If anybody would have no chance, it would have been the Porsches, as it showed when the FIA stiched them up with the restrictor regs.

This is true, because ferrari kept working on the car even after the 911 GT1 raced, and only stopped the project when the FIA anounced that works teams will be allowed, and Mercedes said they would be coming with their huge expenses, and their pollitics of sloppy seconds for privateers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

It´s cheaper than the others and the blurb says currently the 2 2023 layouts. Seems Renato has finally learnt to manage expectations!

The 95 indy seems the best of the three old gens. The other two still have some of the nastier forklift steer and snapiness on acceleration of the older physics cars, although I only tried them briefly and on stock setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

For me all 6 premium track DLCs show up with the same price (BR$29.99), not an issue for me since I own the season pass, but I wouldn't be surprised if other people complain about the price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

That´s due to Steam updating exchange rates last year.. The USD price is 3 USD less than the other tracks. Since the new prices only apply since USA pack 3 and not to older DLCs, it makes sense for those losing out to wait for the next sale and buy the season pack or premium track pack.

New Steam recommended regional pricing