1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with this 100%. If they could just tune the AI to actually have some race craft, that would be the icing on the cake for me. Now that I have a 4090 and can race in VR in all conditions at 90fps (OpenXR toolkit helps here too), combined with the fantastic 1.5 physics improvements, its become one very addictive sim. I don't play multiplayer so AI improvements are always very welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

haven’t tried it yet but sounds good, realism!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

hello everyone, for the 1.5 update the stock car could receive the push light on the windshield and on the dashboard. because whoever broadcasts knows that it is in use and whoever is in the cockpit can know without using the HUD, as there are some pilots who use DASH instead of the natural HUD of the game

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, the rules from a similar series are based on a total of 200 seconds, with a secondary consideration of a MAXIMUM PER USAGE of 20 seconds. It would be very rare to use a full 20 seconds, so most of the time only a few seconds are used, with a resulting many more activations possible/necessary to use up the full 200 seconds allotment. As far as I know, there is no limitation on the number of usages (e.g., could be 100 if you used 2 seconds at a time), so the 10 would only apply only in a situation where you used the full/maximum amount on every usage.

Will it be possible to replicate that scheme? I am not as much interested in it being pin-point accurate to a real series as much as a full 20 seconds of boost just isn't useful or appropriate when and where you need to use it at most tracks (and hence why Laguna Seca has a lower maximum per usage and total). The strategy all revolves around "saving" your boost seconds to the extent possible while balancing that against your track position.

5. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

After the physics adjustments, shadow aliasing and replay would be a pretty big deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Goose1394

Goose1394 New Member

im back, was doin practice at 1971 nords with F-Junior at Medium Damage. hit a barrier hard and lost 3 tires. Went back to pits and the tires were still gone, i thought they did not get spawned until i started driving. The textures disappeared it seems.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Marc please see me later message + P2P rules that came after this on post #600.. :)
    Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

It's good to hear that the Flatspot is still being worked on until update 1.5. There are cars where it hits right from the start even without braking (if it's the flat spot maybe another problem?) In the curves you can feel a bouncing and bumping (also very easy to recognize on the FFB graph). If these bugs are still fixed then there will no longer be a need to use a custom file because it feels more and more custom now. Nice job by Reiza:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

333 SP also had restrictors and rpm limiters fiddled with just before LM 24 H by ACO claiming they were legal for WSC but not for ACO regulated races and that led to big reliability issues for the car de facto kicking her out of contention.

11. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I get this judder in corners on the Ultimate G2 after the update. No other cars.

12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Which cars?

13. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

MP4/4 steering wheel got forced rotated when engine turned off.
    is it bug or real thing that i've never know?

14. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Hi Crimson,
    I've deleted my custom skins and it solved the problem indeed. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Is there any fix I can do to be able to use custom skins with more than 3 classes. What is the reason of this issue?

Cheers!

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

There are a few . Especially felt on winding, uneven roads. As an example: Take Long Beach or Monaco and then Formula Classic Gen3 / Mc Laren MP4/5B or Formula USA 2023. Very nervous handling right from the start and the steering axle bounces and vibrates in the corners (also clearly visible in the FFB graph). ). But as I said, everything can change again until 1.5, there are minor updates almost every day at the moment, which makes it very difficult to judge. I will follow it and decide after 1.5 if it will need another custom file (for my personal taste) or not.

16. Apex

Apex Active Member

I agree for the most part, only I think it depends very much on the track.

At Cadwell and Brands Indy I'm a good second faster than the AI, but at Oulton, Brands full and Donington I can't keep up at all with the same settings. Could be I just know Cadwell better because it's been my go-to track for small low-powered cars since PC2.

I still can't hear the race start signal, and the background noise when browsing the setup menus is stuttering/inaudible.

17. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

18. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello, I just tested the latest version and it works great. I have one problem with the ovals. I know that the USA formulas on the ovals have a direction that goes to the left and I also know that the game is more appreciated with a steering wheel.
    But, my personal experience is very unpleasant on ovals with the CART, the USA 2023 formula because the steering pulls too much to the left and with a controller, I can't do it.
    Is there a way to reduce this effect with the configuration of the car (I already tried the symmetrical configuration but it didn't work). Is it possible to have road versions of these cars so that I can enjoy their driving on ovals?
    Thanks

19. Apex

Apex Active Member

Attention! Tarumã and Guaporé are very nice tracks for the Junior.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

You are mistaking publizicing a decision with making a decision. And the decision was made much sooner obviously.

They were 0.013 seconds away from pole on Suzuka and lead the race for a good while on Laguna Seca, so on pace alone they were competitive on those tracks.

The reason the privateer teams had no chance was the extreme cost explosion created by those homologation specials. Being a privateer doesn't mean you are not competitive for no reason, you are not competitive because you can't spend the money the works teams can.
    And again, before the homologation specials every private team could afford a competitive car and race it for a few years. With those homologation specials that was completely gone, you needed a completely new car every season which just wasn't feasible for private teams.

Ferrari just spent the money to compete with the normal McLaren F1 GTR, not the longtail version or the full race cars that were dominating the series in 1997 and 1998 :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1