Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup. That was the tires getting confused mid corner. Also braking and traction out of corners is better as well even though it's easier to spin the rears out of the corners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That made me rage quit more than anything, now I have no excuse.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would rage quit races every time it happened which was a lot. Now though... I'm actually finishing all of my races which is awesome because racing against the AI is pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

More than 1s difference in each car in Classic FL

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Many issues this morning with numerous online sessions never moving from practice or quali to actual race. Lobby gets "frozen".

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious if anyone has rumble motors on there pedals running through simhub?

I have one mounted on my throttle for slip effects, with the latest build the slip effect is going off the second I touch the throttle, through turns and doesn't fade off till I am going completely straight.
    If I move from one side to another on a straight it sets the slip effect off.

I use the same slip effect across all my racing titles and I have tested my other games and the slip effect works as it should when slip is detected.

Any ideas ?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone else getting some weird axle hopping with the Formula Junior? Was doing some late races last night at Cordoba and Brands and noticed some weird hopping around 3rd-4th on the straights. The best way I can describe it is: it felt like the weird axle hops on some of the PC2 Modding Team cars when using the handbrake. It didn't cause the car to oversteer like a bad shift, but just made the whole car jump for a moment.

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had a similar sounding issue with it on Monza Junior and Spielberg, but thought it was a mistake i made, but its as you describe, unable to replicate it though, and i was still on the RC when it happened

9. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Porsche 963 LMDh when?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

small bug: for multiple cars and tracks I have noticed that the onboard roll bar adjustment units while on track don't precisely match the units in advanced setup (ie off by one or two units per click)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can try with this plugin. GitHub - viper4gh/SimHub-Plugin-CalcLngWheelSlip: Plugin for SimHub. It calculates longitudinal wheel slip by the relationship between Tyre RPS and Car Speed and provides the result as new properties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the McLaren is too fast in the Retro-G3, even in tracks like Kyalami it's as fast as the turbo's...

13. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Great work on the latest release--the cars with the V1.5 tire model are an excellent indicator that AMS2 is headed in the right direction.

Is anyone else here experiencing large amounts of clipping with the F-USA cars at the Indy oval since the official release? Especially in the corners, the clipping meter becomes the tallest, constant bar of red I’ve ever seen. I’m traveling now, so I can’t do any further checking on my end, but if anyone could take their Reynard-Ford 95i for a spin at The Brickyard for comparison’s sake, I’d appreciate it.

My wheel is a G25 using the recommended 100/60/50/0 settings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i hope with that variant as well
    2EOyv5jB.jpg

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, the "- No Downforce" variant yeah... :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

The problem with measuring pace like this is that it doesn't take into account driving style or preference of handling. Okay, those are the times that you can manage, but it might be different to others. It might be that you really get on with the McLaren and don't get on with the DFY.

If you wanted to get to the bottom of which car is fastest on average I imagine you'd have to open setups up and let people go wild. Something like TTotW would be a pretty good way to get that data, people set times in both default and open setup tts across all cars in a class, from that Reiza could take an average and balance based on that

It maybe that you nailed it on the head too and those are exactly the differences, but it's hard to know for sure.

The last point is that some cars have been incredibly overpowered compared to their rivals, the BT46 for example, balancing it relative to the other cars of its era would make it less realistic, not more.

The simple solution is to run the whole grid with BT46s instead of open class, personally I'd much sooner have that and retain the distinct character of each car than make them all identical.

Perhaps BOP option would help class racing, not sure if there has been any talk of adding it though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I think Renato mentioned some time ago there is some small BoP applied to classes where the performance differences are too big to be able to have the cars race together otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

Just had a good run with the Retro Gen 1's--full race length (53 laps) at Buenos Aires #15 at 115% AI with medium aggression...

AI drove exceptionally good. Wear on brakes and tires seemed appropriate (see attached). The car felt properly heavy at the start of the race (no refuel). Physics felt, to me, exceptional throughout the stint. Spent 20 laps hunting down P9 from 17 seconds back--finally caught him with two laps to go--VERY satisfying!

No bugs to report. Well done...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Maybe Reiza could add more models (generic versions) for different gategories to complement those classes. F-Retro Gen3 could use generic V8 turbo car for example, maybe L4t and V12 also. More complete classes would be great addition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi John.. For now lets just focus on the Reynards as the recent hotfix as impacted ffb tunes on the the Lola SW/SS (all gens). Those have been adjusted and will be in the next hotfix/update..

When tuning ffb my max output quota is 42%. On my gear/setup (DD2 | Default AMS2 DD2 Profile | Default+) that is 12.6 Nm constant although generally I aim for ~38-40% through corners such as ER/Pouhon/Blanchimont etc.. Ovals are no different though on the extreme low groove line with very little scrub they can go to 41-43% (Daytona excluded!)..

Daytona; as this shares physics & rack force with IMS this can break that 42% quota due to the increased banking degree. Typically this vehicle would not run there however if you plan to run F-USA's there I recommend turning down your vehicle gain multi by ~10%.

Moving forward.. Due to time constraints all F-USA G1-3 ffb tunes were designed around Gen2 Reynards/Lolas. This means potentially there maybe a 0-2% (0-0.6 Nm) discrepancy between Gen1 & Gen3. In this month potentially Gen1 & Gen3 will be very slightly revised on output if required..

As these cars are within the guideline margins I am not prepared to make them any lighter and especially considering these vehicles are brutal non power-steer assist formula types. To avoid clipping on your gear I suggest a ~10% reduction in vehicle gain multi via the vehicle setup Ui..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1