1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The recent advances in AMS 2 modding takes this out of Reizas hands and into ours. Gives Reiza the ability to focus the development of the cars on Racing USA Pt. 4 and Adrenaline pack along with other future content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Does anyone have any advice for getting a good start in the formula usa 23? I am struggle to not spin or stall

3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

try to go a gear higher than you do now out of all corners.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Give it a bit more throttle than you'd think you do when clutching in - then as soon as you feel the turbo punch coming with tires starting to spin, release the throttle pedal by a bit. The tires will grip up relatively progressively again and it doesn't matter if RPM drop a bit too much but you should at this point have enough traction to move on.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There are Styrofoam brake markers at several tracks that break apart and move as if they are made of foam, but for some reason cause damage as if they were made of some solid material. I am sure the devs are aware, but it never hurts to report any/all instances of this in the Beta track thread (or general bug report thread for non-Beta users).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

My understanding of the damage is this...

Low - 50%
    Medium - 100%
    High - 150%
    Maximum - 200%

I find that the open wheelers in AMS2 are too fragile on 100% but are too robust at 50%...

It's fine for anything pre 1995 but during the safety era after the loss of Senna the cars were substantially stronger than their counterparts before that tragedy... They weren't tin tops by any means but I feel like something around the 80-90% range should be the case for open wheelers after 1995 if the above is correct...

Then for the low end something more like 60-70% would seem like a better damage effect for me...

I love the advanced damage effects but there's just not a nice sweet spot in the open wheelers for me or most of the people I race against... So it's either set to low or off in most cases...

That reminds me, I need to do some work for the 1990 project... I found some translations that allow for a W12 engine in the loading screens... But I have yet to find the engine file code for said engine in the translations available...

Hopefully we have some pCARS fans on the forum who read this and can tell me what car in the pCARS franchise used a W12 engine so I can hunt down that code...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i tend to set damage to low for open wheelers, and medium for tintops in our league races, as having medium for open wheelers is a tad too much, i think its still a pity they removed the slider option like we had before

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what community are these leagues in? i might be interested

9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

The Indianapolis Oval track is no longer lit. I would swear she was before. Anyone else notice this?

11. Scar666

There hasn't been lights at Indy for at least a month now...

Ran in a GT4 event on the road course that went into the night last month and there was very little if any lighting...

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I hope it will be fixed soon....
    @CrimsonEminence

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Indianapolis has no night lighting around the whole track in real life. The Start/Finish area is the only area that has lighting.

The Start/Finish straight is a bit dark ingame right now tho and might need some updating in light types. We'll see.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Looks like I may have overdone it a bit then :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I can confirm. Something seems to be wrong with Indianapolis Oval, instant slipping from the start and very big clipping and big shots in the peaks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

But where does this understanding come from? Whats the official view?

It would be better if it was labelled as such in game if this is the official view.
    Or have one of the choices be 'realistic'

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Junior (and on Intern to a bit lesser degree) gives me high frequency vibration that I cannot dial out with the FX slider fully. It's worse when are in lower gears, slower corners and lower speeds (and increases when you accelerate), which I guess is about engine vibrations (not flat spots, it's there immediately). On Default FFB, I can feel some of that, but subdued/damped and not annoying, but on Default+ it feels much harsher (from the ffb graph, it looks a bit like it would be dotted line). Are those cars now tuned as intended for the different "canned" FFB FX and should setting the FX slider as 0 actually dial those out fully?

I also did a race with the new F-USA 2023 and the FFB felt really damped compared to the other cars with updated physics I have tried, much harder to feel connected to road. The setup was really understeery as well. In the race, I was running with 50% damper in game, which felt fine with the cars I had tested before. After the race, I tried different FFB settings and got a bit more life to the FFB by reducing the in game damper to 15-20%. I find this strange as others on this thread have said that this car is one of the best feeling cars from those with updated physics. It's also annoying to have to set way different damper settings depending on the car.

Oh and the oscillations get really bad, like dangerously bad in AMS2 still. I stopped on track with the Formula Inter, engine still on, and if I have the FX slider on higher than zero and take my hands of, the wheel goes violent immediately (can't touch it anymore without actually hurting yourself). If I set the FX slider to 0 (that takes the engine vibrations when halted), it doesn't do that... unless I touch the wheel on tip of finger and then it's again violent in the same way. I have Moza R21 base (60% forces on the base, 55% in game and usually less than 100% on the car specific FFB). Damper in game doesn't help and can't seem to dial this behavior out with my wheel base software either (unless I reduce the FFB a ton). The FFB is also way too strong/violent to be safe if you have a crash (on rF2 for example, the FFB lightens up if you crash and I never have any such issues there). This has been the case with the AMS2 FFB since I started and I really hope it would get improved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Scar666

I don't know what the official view is but that's what I've gathered from people who have raced on this engine longer than I have...

Plus it feels about right have testing it myself...

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thank you, changes would be appreciated

20. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Hi mate. In this event the fuel weight reaches the AI (laptimes start and end of race)? Until before this update this did not happen. Thanks

• Like Like x 1