1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ezech66

Ezech66 New Member

Hi all,
    new in this forum
    and in love with the Formula junior
    I agree with tpw
    I'm also a great AI consumer and have noticed this strange thing :
    on numerous tracks (old Kyalami, Donington...) in short qualif (15 mn), at medium skill (90/95%) the gap within the first and the second is insane (2 to 4 seconds).
    Dont know if anybody else has experienced that...

anyway great thanks to Reiza team for all their job and specially the recent physics update

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having been racing the ginetta G58 the last few nights in a custom championship and the new physics really shine through, amazing car to drive now.

I think I have found an issue with the new tyre pitstop thingo though. I must have had the mandatory tyre change set to 0 and in two races now I have set my pit strategy to change all tyres and when pitting the pit crew are changing them but the tyre widget shows the tyres as not changed as when I drive out of the pits they still have the wear on them, this has happened with multiple pitstops in the one race

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  3. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

I can't say SPECIFICALLY that it did. I CAN say it certainly felt like it did. I wasn't particularly slower than the AI at the start, nor was a faster at the end; and the AI had progressively faster lap times as the race went on.

I typically only run full-length races, so the next one I do I'll be sure to take a closer look. I'm fairly new to AMS2; so still discovering things...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have done lots of full length races in the F- Vintages and the AI behave pretty well in them.
    Their issues start to pop up in races where there are pit stops, or in variable conditions(in cars with slick tires). Sometimes it's great, in others they pit too much or they don't change tires, etc.

Still with the amount of car classes that there are in the game, can't really blame them for the odd race here and there, but do hope they nail them by the end of the dev cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't had that issue with them, did you see if they got stuck behind others? Maybe some of the faster cars were unable to do a fast lap because they were stuck behind a slower car and 15m go by pretty quickly in the Juniors as they are quite slow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

“Ian and I have been talking about this strategic partnership for some time but our studios have always ended up on varying projects at varying times, delaying any kind of decision.
    Finally, with Ian and his team working hard on their upcoming game, the time was right for us to join forces. Having seen inside the new project Straight4 is working on made this an easy decision for Reiza to sign up to a project we believe is going to be the next great sim racing title. We’ll have further news on our portfolio of games for our fans in the next few days,” said Renato Simioni, CEO at Reiza Studios.
    source: Straight4 Studios - Straight4 Studios And Reiza Studios Confirm Strategic Partnership

is there any news about it? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's only been a month man...give the guy some time. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why do some gamers have no ghost available in TimeTrial?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

was there another small silent hotfix just now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yip. I had a small download too

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

I meant at the start of the race. I actually find that the car is very stable in corners, i can drive very aggressive and maintain the control of the car. Its a very easy car to drive, i just struggle with start

• Like Like x 1
  12. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Thank you, this still takes practice but it works very well

13. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's some sort of bug or loophole that can cause that to happen. Some instances you've seen may be because of people triggering that unintentionally, but others are very likely to be intentionally exploiting it - aside from hiding the ghost, and any suspicious activity that might show, it also prevents access to the setup used.

• Like Like x 1
  14. YOUNG IL YOON

is there curb tyre sound improvements?:whistle:
    Formular junior's tyre is now plays new melody in Buenos Aires.:eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. YOUNG IL YOON

Yeah i needed to... but i just want to know there are what i missing
    ..:oops:

16. Ezech66

Ezech66 New Member

thanks for your observations
    im going to look at that.
    if this is the case, what are the options ?
    increase the qualif time or maybe the aggressivity...

17. Burl

Burl Member

In regards to the previous discussion about cars not being balanced, I'd love if there was an option for custom BoP, maybe in the form of ballast or engine restrictors. Some classes have cars in them that just outright aren't competitive at all (GT1 McLaren, P1 Ginetta, P2 Metalmoro as a few examples), and it'd be nice to have the means to even it up a bit, particularly for online races where most people will just take the obvious fastest car.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

GT4 Ginetta ..

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think medium is the old 100% so it should considered the correct "baseline" damage

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The realistic option is “Max”.

An explanation as to how we arrived at that for those who weren’t around since the beginning - originally damage was set in the usual 0-100% scale, but the impact needed for generating damage even at 100% was way too lenient; in revising those damage properties we concluded that most of them would simply have to have their impact threshold doubled for more accurate sensitivity, so rather than editing that at car level we decided to just increase the multiplier to go all the way up to 200% (allowing 100% to remain what it was not to confuse users who were happy with that setting); that in turn seemed to get other users confused about there being a 200% setting,so eventually we switched that to the current the min / mid / high / max scale.

For anyone who thinks “max” is too sensitive, keep in mind the reference point is reality, not other sims; it really does not take much of a hit to bend a wheel or suspension or damage a front wing in a racecar. The issue with trackside boards at Barcelona causing disproportionate damage is due the boards themselves being set with a 30kg mass, so more a board of concrete rather than styrofoam (similar to the problem we had earlier with bollards on some other tracks) - this will be corrected.

• Informative Informative x 21
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3