1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Historical knowledge. There was an update when Reiza took away the capability to set exact percentage at 25% steps and made it "descriptive" as you see it today. In that changelog they mentioned that medium was equal to 100% in the old scale

2. Ettore

Are you using an extremely high wheelbase gain by any chance?

3. Ettore

Ginetta was great all the time. One of my top 5 favorite :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the racecar. Modern F1 seem quite robust when I see how many brushes of the wall there were in Baku, or how Alonso's car survived that whack by Stroll in Bahrain.

Pretty sure I can't replicate this on "max". Also older F1 cars seem relatively solid, watching back that Arnoux/Villeneuve battle.

Around late 80's to early 00's, they were very fragile, and the wings remained so until 2021. But I can't help but feel that the "max" setting, from time to time and in certain cars, overshoots the goal a little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

FYI all, another silent hotfix went live this morning with further adjustments to the F-USAs Gen1-Gen3, improvements to the AI on ovals and some final additions to Barcelona.

• Like Like x 17
    • Informative Informative x 4
  6. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

was driving at Spa with the DPI and i have to say that the AI still seems to have an top speed/slip stream advantage that isnt really defendable. drove the Formula Junior and it was fun, but you need to get a grip how you can throw it around.
    1066890_20230611214244_1.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s entirely possible further fine-tuning is needed not only at car level, but component level as there are different thresholds for wheels, suspension, front and rear wing - if you notice more of these please report and we´ll have a look.

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 4
  8. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the one component that needs the most revisions IMHO is the suspension damage, I feel is way to sensitive, specially when brushing the walls, the wing damage is fine as it is.
    Also are there plans to add tire damage by contact? And damage when going over kerbs violently or going a little airborne like in the old Grand Prix games?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing out of the ordinary. I just tried with 50/70/100 and it's the same. It's like the engine vibration effect it way over the top. I just can't use the Default+ with that car like this. Can't remember that it was like that when I tried the first RC, but I might have used Default then.

In general, my initial impressions then were more positive overal than now. It's not bad and maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I remember it being tighter and having closer resemblance to rF2 FFB then. I'm going back and forth with rF2 and AMS2 at the moment (racing rF2 on LFM) and it's back to that quite clear difference where AMS2 feels not that connected to road if you play it after rF2 and if you do the opposite, rF2 tires can feel as they have super grip and almost like somebody added glue on them (until you get used to it). I wonder was there some adjustment done since that early RC to that direction..

10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are using?
    50 gain
    70 LFB
    100 FX
    and what for dampening?

I highly recommend this custom file with the new 1.5 cars. The smooth version.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ettore

I meant the gain on the wheelbase software itself. I had friends with some very high settings that led to this positive feedback on the wheel which would start diverging to bigger and bigger oscillations.
    Not sure which wheel you are using but also the 70 LFB if you are using a DD feels extremely suspicious to be one of the causes to me.

12. Theodore Schultz

This is Reiza recommendations for a DD1 podium which is obviously different than your but it maybe a good starting point.

IN-GAME:
    Gain: 30 - 40
    LFB: 0 - 10
    FX: 10 - 50
    Damping: 50 - 70

ON DEVICE:
    SEN: Auto (Maximum steering angle)
    FFB: 50% (Overall FFB Strength)
    FFS: Peak (Force feedback scaling)
    NDP: 10% (Natural damper) (in case of oversteers wheel is too heavy, increase)
    NFR: 3% (Natural Friction)
    NIN: 5% (Natural inertia)
    INT: 3-4 (Interpolation filter) (if FFB feels too grainy, increase)
    FEI: 100 - 80 (Force effect intensity) (if there are too many jolts, decrease, but don't go too low)
    FOR: 100% (Force effect strength)

SPR & DPR are DirectInput effects. DPR is not used, but if in doubt set to 0%. SPR is used for menu-centering spring (this applies to all devices)
    [​IMG]

13. GFoyle

In game it's about 50 gain (still trying value I'm happy with),
    0 LFB on the DEFAULT/DEFAULT+
    Damping is currently at 40, but on the new F1 USA that felt too much (felt a bit dead, mainly heavy) on my base.
    Then depending on car I have to tune down the car specific FFB (usually sits betwee 70-100%).

before I started trying out rF2, I did few months of only AMS2 and used Kuku's and Daniel's customs, defaults didn't work for me at all. When I first tried the RC, Kuku's custom that I had installed didn't feel good at all with the updated cars, but default/default+ did, so I have been playing around with those since that.

I remember trying out that heavy messing months ago, and it was way over the top on my 21nm base, even with gain set down. But I'll try it tomorrow once more with the new cars.

14. GFoyle

Yes, I mean wheelbase software with those values. I have been using 0 LFB unless it's some custom tune where it's suggested (like Kuku's) to greater values with DD base.

15. Theodore Schultz

Make sure you run the smooth and not the detailed.

16. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Post your wheel base settings here.

I play with 10-15 damp and friction, 10-12 nm on base, and ingame 35-40 gain, 25 fx, 0 lfb and 50 dampening.

17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, absolutely. This is how the Action Express Cadillac looked like after 'kissing' the barrier right after the start of the Le Mans 24h on Saturday. This was no high speed crash, the track was damp, cars were on slicks struggling for grip, happened at the exit of the Daytona chicane.

Cadillac-action-express-Le-mans-2023-753x494.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The new Barcelona track is amazing, wow! It's even so realistic, the track surface, that the "small mini hill" in the start of the track is there in AMS2. Amazing work, also visually one of the better done tracks. The formula cars also feel great, I've just done a few laps on Barcelona with the McLaren MP4/6 and it's really an impressive exprience.

Only one sad point, the new Formula Junion car which looks amazing too is not usable in VR because the mirrors cannot be adjusted and don't move when moving your head... It's reported in the bug report thread(with the release candidate) but it's not fixed in the final. Could this be hotfixed? I would really appreciate that!

19. GFoyle

Wheelbase is easy
    Game Force Feedback Intensity 70% (but like I said, I have tried 50-100 values)
    Road Sensitivity 8 (usually between 8-10,10 being the max)
    Maximum Wheel Speed 100
    Rest are at default (max torque 100, intensity same as gain) / minimum (so no dampers, inertia of any kind from base), hands off protection on.
    EQ flat, FFB curve linear

and yes, I'm at latest version in firmware and wheel software.

Been playing around hours today with different setting combinations, but some problems still remain. I just did a lap around Nords with the F Junior, using Default, which is pretty nice overal, there is vibrations, but it's sensible and feels right. If I switch to Default+, that vibration, probably "engine" is sharper and over the top, overwhelming other effects too much and feels nasty in my hands.

oh, if I stop the car and even turn of the engine, I still get those dangerously violent oscillations! (at least if I touch the wheel just a tiny bit).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Theodore Schultz

Speaking of rF2. Just ran their "official" IndyCar and Long Beach (not sure how they can charge $10 for that track it looks like trash compared to AMS2 version) but the rF2 version feel fine but it is boring in my opinion. There is just something about the sense of speed that AMS2 brings and now the new physics, it feels better to me than rF2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2