1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Bahrain would be cool!

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last 4 are tilkedromes, whilst dubai could be ported into ams2 as a mod

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your issue is the base settings. Set at 0 all the filters, I dont know why do you use Road Sensitivity, this raise the noise of the signal. Set at 0, also 70% for your wheel is 15 nm total force, and the recommended settings set the max force at 10-11 nm, so you you have to set the wheel at 50-60% max (10-12,6 nm). Don't use the default settings, all at 0 except damping and friction with 20% aprox.
    Ingame 35-45%, LFB 0-5, and damping 50 or more (i use 60).

I dont have any issue with my DD wheel, but if use similiar settings like yours the wheel became unusable and violent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I agree to a point. Graphics, sounds and features are easily comparable, but each individual will put their own level of importance on those things. On a game level the experience of racing and driving dont need to be realistic to be fun and enjoyable.

However, when these games start calling themselves simulators, then all aspects of the game should strive for maximum realism, especially the racing and driving experience. How close each simulator gets to reality can be measured, but (and I am guilty of this) when we start measuring one sim against another like 'AMS2 doesn't feel like Rfactor2' we are in danger of creating a simulator of a simulator. Reality should be the benchmark.

So I think the question should be= Has Reiza moved AMS2 closer to reality with this update? I think the answer is a definite yes. Can it continue to be moved towards reality? again the answer is yes. I believe that Reiza above any other studio have the dedication and more importantly the passion to continue striving to make a simulation as close to reality as possible.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think AMS2 is currently fit for Bahrain night race. Lighting in the game, for whatever reason, is really weak. Bahrain would need a far more bright lighting than AMS2 can handle atm.

Same for Singapore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What are you saying mate ? AMS2 cannot handle strong lights ? You know game engines have a slider for light source intensity ?

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At Daytona the night lighting looks perfectly fine to me. It's awesome, btw.

Edit: I think the headlights are super weak, though. I can agree with that. We need theses headlights to be able to light up the road a bit more imho.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We may need beefier computers before such fix is applied :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, if we would have a night lighting overhaul we would definitely benefit from some optimization on the engine code... One thing I noticed with the headlights as well, not sure if everyone agrees, is that they look stronger on replay/trackside camera than they look from the cockpit. It's like the cockpit view has a dimming effect on them for some reason.

Edit: on that note, I think an option for "headlights cast shadows on/off" would probably go a long way on helping with performance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[
    Absolutely needed in this sim, motorsports is global, and tracks from as many regions of the world as possible should be represented. Bahrain and/or Dubi are one of those "must haves" for me.

(Sorry for the reply TKracer, mistake on my end)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And? Bahrain has been one of the consistently best tracks F1 goes to. I don't think we'd see this critism if we were talking about adding Turkey, Sepang, or even the Hungaroring. Bahrain would be absolutely amazing for the sim

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And Jeddah is a fun fast circuit

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

I will reply to this not so much as "this sim vs that sim" take, but more about misconceptions simracers seem to have.

Number one, the "magic FFB save". Real cars, unless they are setup for that (drift cars) DON'T RETURN THE WHEEL TO THE CENTER OR INTO THE SLIDE BY THEMSELVES IF YOU SLIDE. I cant stress this enough. If you have a road car, go out, brake massively at an angle so that the rear comes around, and i garantee you will be looking the wrong way down the road, and your wheel will still be pointing dead straight, unless YOU tried to catch the slide by yourself. What the wheel can do, with FFB, is give you clues that your rear is about to go by becoming more "free wheeling", or "numb" if you are at the limit, riding the rear slip angles. But the wheel will NOT turn into the slide by itself, and this is because if it did, you would be actually fighting the wheel all the time when just trying to go around a track, or just driving down the street.

Now obviously, i know that the steering self alignes itself if you are coming out of a corner on a road car, but this effect is very weak, and it happens when the rear of the car is planted, NOT when the rear is just making the car spin around it's own center of gravity.

The second misconception is the "lack of understeer". Simracers think that when a real driver talks about slight understeer, that he is describing a dump truck that won't turn no matter what. Again this is not true. Terminal understeer is something different from a race car slightly understeering. Good race race cars can be hustled at any speed, and will either understeer or oversteer based on your inputs no matter the speed you are doing, as long as you are on the limit of adhesion for that particular corner, be an hairpin, or a really fast corner. Go watch Goodwood races, see how those old cars are sliding, even in the last chicane!

Now again, i am not pitting this game vs this, i am just talking about real life vs sim misconceptions.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have Moza base? Road effects at that level is perfectly normal on these wheels and that's how it is any other title (for now at least, there was beta firmware update there it might change, but I don't have that installed). Not sure what problem of my you are referring here, but I doubt it's related to any of it. I found something that explains the oscillations though, and going to explain it in another reply.

15. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi. Damping, friction, max wheel speed or natural inertia in wheel software don't help with the oscillations, but I found what did: maximum steering angle/limit (in sync). If I have it at 540 (or lover), I get the oscillations, it overshoots to the other side and get's worse and worse, but if I set it to 900 degrees, I don't get them. Not sure where is the limit and how I should set this, depending on what car I drive. What would be the correct for Formula Junior? This is the only sim I have this problem (that I have tried).

16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just got a R5 yesterday and while I managed to get it mostly to my liking with the recommendations from a Boosted Media video(had to turn down the gain and fx a lot), I still think the wheel vibrates too much while the car is idle, and I am having to get used to the much heavier and slighty "sticky" feeling compared to my old T300.

Still I can say I am much more consistent with this wheel, specially under braking and mid-corner.

17. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, that FFB file is amazing. I've settled on the Detailed one for now since I really like the bolted to the road feel, but this is definitely what I've been wanting for a while, I can finally feel some weightiness to the cars. Basically feels the same as my FFB settings for AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what wheel do u use and your setting?

19. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

What you should do is set the wheel steering angle to whatever you like. (keep this in mind **)

BUT! Massively important step is doing wheel calibration in game. Once you do that, game will auto-adjust range for every car.

** Best would be to set the wheel to "higher" range, 900 or more. That way you ensure cars with higher steering ratio (more turns lock-to-lock on virtual vehicle) will utilize their full range.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I agree, Sepang (love it) and Hungaroring are amazing tracks, Bahrain too I always enjoyed. I feel the Tilke track cliché is just thrown around these days when talking about almost any modern track design due to safety and runoffs, rather than specifically the shape of track.

Ironically, someone mentioned Jeddah and when I first saw it I couldn't believe they actively made the decision to put walls in those positions making corners blind and making recovery so difficult. Can't speak to how enjoyable it is, but I think that track looks lethal and we've already had some sketchy incidents there. Wonder if that is a reaction to people constantly citing Tilkedromes (he designed that one too).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1