1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

If you haven't driven the Formula Junior with the Formula Vintage at the Gesamtstreke... Well you simply haven't lived...

You hear them before you see them...

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did some quick testing and the F-Junior is lovely, the F-RetroG1 feel even better than before, the Lotus 98 is a lot tamer once the boost kicks in, can feel the power though and the Brabham BT52 is still kicking my arse.

Overall in terms of driving feel, definitely an improvement , in terms of the AI, not as much unfortunately, the glued together issue is better finally, but they still struggle to pass and give up on easy overtakes while side by side on the inside of corners. Still at least they don't stay glued to each other so much, so that should help with the pack racing, hopefully!!

Anyhow, will keep testing stuff, but thanks for the update and the new content, definitely an improvement, keep it up Reiza!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First, thank you for the update : the big physics step, the new content, and also all the littles details that makes ams2 my favourite sim.

That being said, and because you are talking about tyre life, i think we definetly need a better HUD for Tyre Wear.
    Especially after this fantastic "flatspot" update, we must know EXACTLY how much tyre wear we have left. At the present moment its just a graphic without numbers. It would be cool to have a number.

Last but not least : would it be possible to have animated puncture in ams2 ?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the way the flatspot feels is great, just need the visual effect. The slides feel much more progressive in the Retro G1, feels a lot like the F1 1971 mod for AMS1, those cars are lovely to drive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. omni

omni New Member

F-USA23 tyres feels perfect, but F1 new tyres better than before but still something wrong with them, little bit of floaty feeling still exists.

6. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the cars I've driven so far, I'm pretty blown away, the new cars in particular are very impressive, easily the most natural feeling cars I've driven in AMS2, really feels like a major step in the right direction. The F1 cars are also much improved, never really cared for how they felt before but these new physics are certainly way more convincing. Overall very outstanding work, I can't wait to see these physics on all the cars.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn’t the Formula Juniors a MODERN car series which is still racing and is only based on historical cars?

8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

...And big aircraft engines on wheels! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome update. Formula Junior is fantastic to drive, not on rails but manageable. The Barcelona track released in time for the GP weekend and I can't wait to Le Mans 24h race next weekend while hoping to see the pattern there :rolleyes:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Vintage Formula Junior, anyone else experiecing a bug where you cannot move the mirrors neither horizontally nor vertically ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Steam forum they warn to not update to this release candidate as it seems to break online lobbies…

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marg

Marg Active Member

But I have the second time, when after update there is endless "validating" loop... I just reinstalled AMS2 the last time (3 months ago), I learned it's better not to touch the steam install itself (unlike some tutorials). No other game, which I have, creates this for me this, just AMS2.

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesnt break it, it only shows lobbies that are created on the RC, if nobody created one, the list is empty, the regular build also shows dedicated servers, even when those are empty, i think its a good thing they kept them seperated this time, to not give anyone a advantage/disadvantage in the same lobby

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's known, I saw it reported in the beta thread last week

15. hb22

hb22 Member

Excellent stuff, thank you Reiza !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Everything just feels more progressive in the updated cars. Both front and rear grip loss is much less snappy. This means you can play around on the brakes and throttle a lot more than before. Really enjoying it, and looking forward to seeing how it plays out with the heavier non-aero cars.

Great update!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. It's 1990 and 1991

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Formula Ultimate Gen2 doesn't feel quite right at the moment. Feels like it has too much front grip and slides around corners just fine.

Other than that, all the updated cars are incredible to drive. Great work Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Ettore

Soft tires on F USA get burnt real quick for spins or big lock-ups. I think it is the correct way TBH.

20. Ettore

Well.. Last Indy 500 several drivers lost it in the pits or around them... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2