1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Goose1394

Goose1394 New Member

Is this still possible? I tried doing this in the F-Jun and i fell through the map as i left the track area

2. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

that was edited. please refer this.

there was at least 3 points to way out of the barcelona circuit when i investigated few days ago.
    of course some outside gate can be blocked after patch.:rolleyes:
    for example, entering town area around breidscheid gate in Nurburgring 1917 has restricted after public version.
    I went though the breidscheid town and beyond when it was first releasecandidate version.
    I don't know why reiza blocked there...:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the latest RC update from today (or perhaps since 1.5 physics), did anyone else notice that the cars with the new physhics requires about 5% more FFB Strength and much less friction (easy to turn while being in the center)?

I've been cranking Fanalab's FFB and Friction setting by about 5% to better feel road surfaces/bumps since I've been exclusively using the cars that received the update but recently I drove many cars and all their FBB are too strong by about 5%.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

4. Raphael Rodrigues

Raphael Rodrigues Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing work on Barcelona! Dreaming with a 1991 version! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the cars on 1.5, have wet tires been revised yet?

6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Some eminence told me they were on it, and that you can happily try P1 and 90's F1, but not the Retros.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks!

8. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

If some devs could comment about the sound design of the F Junior I would appreciate a lot, because, at least to my ears, the sounds are pretty accurate. I know that there is many variables to this, but hear this out and then the game. Congrats to the sound team.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The P1 cars feel so damn good. We need more prototype cars in AMS2. I think Reiza does high down-force cars better than anyone. They also do a great job with low down force cars as well (especially with the formula junior) and FWD but at the moment I am all about the F USA 23 and the P1 class.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

They definitely have on the CART cars...

The wets before the update were only a second to a second and a half slower in dry conditions... Now they are several seconds slower...

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not completely for current version. There are still refinements missing that will come with true 1.5.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had my first drive on Indy oval in the FUsa 2023 and the car is very slidey in the corners even when I soften the rear up, it was 4 wheel drifting everywhere. Does oval physics still need work?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  13. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Yeah not sure why the steering ratio seems so extreme on Ovals even at the lowest setting (for the FUSA 23 anyway). I’m having to gently nudge the wheel through turns so as to not spin out (and still not succeeding). 14 degree steering ratio and its turning like it’s all the way up at 28.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely needs a setup rework, it's a death wish on wheels right out of the box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I generally have to adjust the steering for most cars in AMS2 because otherwise the steering is too sharp. Sometimes I have to put the lock as low as possible. My Logitech DFGT wheel is set to 900 degrees plus the "allow game to adjust settings" option is ticked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I've got the 2nd fastest leaderboard time around Indianapolis oval with the F-2023 at the moment and I can say with confidence that the baseline setup is all sorts of loose, and unecessarily extreme for the car, basically undriveable and nothing like the IRL onboards (specially in a race setting). I recommend changing the front wing to 0 and the steering ratio to the lowest possible setting and start from there. Rear toe in angle at +0.4 or +0.6 helps massively too. There is no reason why they should have made the default setup so loose, specially when a lot of people's first impression of it is gonna be with the default setup. IMO it still needs a lot more options on the aero side in terms of setup, even 0-6 wing is still way too lose for a race environment, and the car is too sensitive on steering regardless of what you do.

But I'm happy to report that from my experience lapping it for a couple hours, all of the shortcomings seem to be just setup based, and once you find something that works for you the physics are all there and not too far off from other games like iRacing and stuff :) definitely not as slidey as the old F-USAs were pre 1.5, which is a positive thing.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 11
  17. LeYosu

LeYosu Member AMS2 Club Member

[Edit] Can someone try the steering sensitivity at 40 and tell me if it feels better or if it is placebo ?
    And can someone try with the steering sentivity at 50 and the speed sensitivity at 50 ?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

"Feel better" in what way ? What wheel are you using ?

19. LeYosu

LeYosu Member AMS2 Club Member

Small wheel input being a little bit too sensitive only happens in AMS2 compared to every other sims.
    I'm asking if by putting those settings, the car feels less sharp on small wheel inputs. @Scraper

20. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

It is quite normal that a small steering wheel behaves differently than a larger one (diameter, weight, leverage). Use gain and damping to compensate

• Agree Agree x 2