1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

odd cuz i have the sensitive wheel problem in rF2

2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I went DFGT, T300, then CSL DD since AMS2 went early access. I concur that this is very much the case. Rotation in degrees is rotation in degrees whether you you use a dough mixer or a 3000$ custom DD. But especially the DFGT; the rim is quite small and light, it's just twitchier in nature. On my CSL I still back out the steering lock 3-4 clicks though, feels immensely more natural, whether it's correct or not. I'll try now what the sensitivity does...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Absolutely right! A light small Formula 1 wheel will have a completely different feel and feedback than a heavy large GT wheel. And depending on the power of the base, the difference will be even greater. This component should always be considered in order to have a good feeling on the wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GearNazi

Yeah, so... To come back on it; The steering sensitivity (tried at 40) just pulls the response curve down, that is to say the rotation of your simwheel no longer matches with the in-game one. I'd leave that at 50 personally.
    I'm a bit of a fan of the f-usa gen3, and I reduce steering lock to 17 on it, play around with toe-angles and wing depending on track. I prefer the hard slicks too, it makes it a bit less on the nose imo.
    Also using custom ffb, posted by Herr Schultz here, I believe page 51.
    All together I think the physics of the whole thing are really coming of age now.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I had it down at 14 too and it still seemed too much, I softened rear suspension, ARB and increased rear toe but it still did it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GearNazi

Yeah, agreed. It's just the high speed banked turns though. Seems fine to me on road courses. It's like a bit too much authority on the front end under high downforce in that situation or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Steering ratios on oval cars should go as low as 4...

As that's where some people's equipment will need it...

8 is my sweet spot in AMS2 on the speedways...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not really an issue. I turned wheelbases ffb strengh from around 40% to around 60% to match previous levels. Its more of a wider range of dynamics now, which feels even better. I also raised fx from 7 to 8 (my personalized nuskorpi 2.5 custom ffb file). Very pleasant experience and it was already so good beforehand!

9. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

I'm a little confused. Does V1.4.8.1 bring in all the tire model changes that were in the v1.5 release candidate? Where *all the open wheel classes had updated tire models? Or is it only the release of the new content for v1.4.8.1?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

These are the revised classes in current version. Some bits like proper wet AI calibration and some wet tire tweaks are still pending but their overall revision has been included for 1.4.8 versions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Who here votes for a @CrimsonEminence-authored "notes on how to drive each car" to be posted on the forum and eventually included in the game? These insights (randomly spread across replies in multiple threads) are gems that should be collected and published as they would be useful to many.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Question for those of you who make or use mods. Is the steering lock minumum 14 baked into the game or can it be set to less? Are there mods wirh lower lock?

13. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

I have been reading a lot of comments under ams2 vids where people have tried the demo and found it to be really underwhelming. Hopefully Reiza will update the demo so that they don't unneccessarily repell new people. The demo makes ams2 look way worse than it actually is.

• Agree Agree x 13
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Think they updated it before, but it needs to be updated with V1.5 physics. If not, Reiza will lose potential buyers

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been saying for years that the useful information posted by Reiza's developers on all aspects of AMS2 gets buried in the forums. It should have been collated and published on the AMS2 website.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it should be made into official streams like aris does for acc, it engages with players a billion times more than any forum ever could

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Can I get some specific info Yes/No about the physics status for the F-Reiza?
    Has it been updated?
    If it is not updated then this is a proof that placebo actually works.
    Because I can even feel something changed in my wheenie :p

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No change

19. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

My biggest hope about upcomming v1.5 update is that will include the bonus part of Racin'USA DLC. For me just one more oval, especially 1.5 mile cookie cutter like Charlotte, Las Vegas or Texas would be a great addition to current circuit pool. Although i'm aware that Reiza has already a lot things to do, preparing for current update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well I’m more pumped for the Adrenaline pack arriving with the update

• Agree Agree x 6