1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

It's literally like Scalextric decided to do an AMS2-licensed edition :D

2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, I‘m curious when this will finally get fixed…

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greenlightning

Greenlightning New Member

In the real world, I would expect only portion of top tier racing drives have a good understanding of the amount of fuel that is required for a race. This is managed by the race team, race engineers and sophisticated software. I for one would like an option where fuel load could be preset for the race and maybe option to fluctuate that 5 to 10 percent more or less. For online races there could be option to turn off automatic adjust fuel load for the race. Most races in real world are longer then majority of online races. Which means in general they start with full tanks as there will be one or more pits stops.

I have not done to many races long enough for pits stops or with forced pit stops. When you do though you also need to remember to have the correct pit stop configuration saved and selected prior to start of the race. I am now trying to always remember to select my pit stop configuration that changes tires and fill the tank. Even if not doing a race that requires pit stops. I should probably adjust the default pit configuration to change tires and fill the tank.

The last race that I did had more cars then pit stalls. I was near the top ten towards end of race. When I came in pits my stall was occupied and I had to take a DNF.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No one but no one IRL is sitting on the grid two minutes before the green lights and calculating their fuel load. This is nonsense that needs to be removed from games. Give us automatic fuel load estimators with options for extra fuel (+15% safe, +10% normal, +%5 tight).

• Agree x 13
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I've thought this for years. Right back to Gran Turismo in fact! Drivers feed back track experiences and the engineers respond. I don't recall seeing Lando jump out of his car and start yanking on a spanner...

er...by which I don't mean...oh forget it. You people. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

100% agree, plus give us some proper engine mapping!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. Fuel is part of the setup. If anyone does not care, ok, they can go with the full tank the same way they go with the default camber. I collaborate with my father in law that races in a club here in Uruguay, and yes, we check the fuel load minutes before the green lights. We do not control the fuel liter per liter though, the same way we do not perform other complicated measures that would be an overkill in amateur club racing. The same should apply in the sim, I think people finds it annoying because they want to calculate a really tight number as they watch F1 engineers do, while the time gained for most of us doe to a couple of liters is much less than the time we will loss due that block on T3...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jota.191

This illustrates my point well. What you say here applies exactly for any setup option. Basically it is solved the same way as with any setup option: a balanced baseline. The baseline setup should have the full tank. If you want to tune it, you can, as with wings, suspension, drivetrain, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have created an Excel list that can quickly calculate the fuel consumption via a formula. That is almost always enough for me.

spritrechner.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. jota.191

I will do something I have always wanted:

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Sorry but no. In the league i am in we are racing F-Vintage Junior and i use just enough fuel to get over half distance and refuel during our mandatory pitstops. Not sure if you drive only 10 minute races or what, but in long sessions people prefer more choices than just "always full".

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It’s worth noting that some cars might take more time than others when it comes to refueling or tire change so depending of the car it migh be better to lose less time with it or not

keep in mind that obrigatory pit stop does not obly the car to be serviced at the moment just stop and go already cover it

13. TomLehockySVK

Yes i know that and driving the F-Vintage Junior with a full tank is nonsense, same with F-Classic Gen 4 you will lose a ton of time when you decide to run full instead of refueling.

And you MUST change tires when the server is set to Forced Pitstop with 1 or more mandatory tire changes, therefore refueling is the better choice with cars that have a tire change and refueling at the same time.

A stop and go will have you disqualified one lap before the end.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have an extra monitor to run the second monitor app it has a nifty fuel load estimator that allows you to do exactly that

15. TomLehockySVK

I use about 10 laps of fuel when starting a practice session, then through UseCrew ask him "how's the fuel" after doing 3 race-pace laps. With his estimation i then set a few extra liters for the race that is about to start. It was always accurate when i tried it.

• Informative Informative x 2