1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Flatspots have always been a thing in AMS2, but they do come through the driving and FFB in V1.5 revised cars more notably. Couple of issues with it still is that it´s not very well communicated visually through the HUD and through the tires themselves (in the form of visible dark patches in open wheelers), and it can happen over grass or a very wet track which shouldn´t be the case (or at least not to the degree it is now) - we´re aiming to rectify at least the latter issue in time for v1.5.

• Like Like x 24
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Decided to do some laps at Monaco with the Formula Junior at midnight even though there are no headlights on the FJ. Have never tried Monaco at night before.

Holy crap, Monaco looks awesome at night in VR. Its great to see the glow of the front brakes into the tight corners stand out amongst the dark shadows too. Absolutely gorgeous looking track at night, especially with no headlights :D

Just added a whole new atmosphere to an already great practice combo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm happy to see that the team is thinking about this. Another nice-to-have would be visual tyre wear. It can be so visible in TV footage, to the point that it feels weird when the in-game tyres' surface never changes. Not a high priority feature though.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The f-ultimate gen2 bottoms out the front corners in high speed corners. This is very noticable at copse/maggotts/becketts at silverstone, and pouhon at spa. Is this deliberate and realistic, i have no idea. I think it is from this video but maybe someone here knows more

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha thank you.:)
    When I started reading up this thread I told myself not to become too much hyped up.
    But the more I did read I couldnt stop being exactly that :rolleyes:

Afterthought: If Reiza is able to figure out how to simulate the qualitative difference between the more or less infinitive grip/slide a car have low speed (under about 50-80km/H) and the more progressive grip/sliding a car get at higher speeds - then AMS2 will get a behaviour none of the commercial competition have. ;)
    Only ther more less forgotten netKarPRO did use (say rumours) 2 different TMs for this.:cool:

6. Renato Simioni

Making default setup a bit higher is a sensible request - I´ll raise it a couple mm for the next build. In any case ride height adjustments, spring rates and much more is available from the setup menu, don´t expect default to work everywhere in all conditions :)

Mind you the floor scrapping the ground through Barcelona final corner can be heard in the very video you linked.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  7. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The problem is in MP when people insist on running closed setup lobbies - then any issues like this can´t be mitigated so it´s probably better to err on the side of caution with the defaults.

8. Renato Simioni

Agreed, and we do try to - if anyone notices one that doesn´t seem to be on the safe side in any sense please do report.

That also goes for anyone who might feel the physics rather than the setups are safe - drop rear wing by a click or two, bump rear ARB one click or two and start gunning for real lap times, let us know if that still seems too comfy :)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Reiza's Formula Junior is fitted with disc brakes, which means it would compete in FIA Category FJ/2E, either Class E1 or E2:

3.4.9. Class E1 FIA Category FJ/2E:
    Rear-engined and front-engined Formula Junior cars built and raced between 01.01.1961 and 31.12.1963 and fitted with a single pair of disc brakes or all disc brakes

3.4.10. Class E2 FIA Category FJ/2E:
    Rear engined and front-engined Formula Junior cars fitted with engines other than Ford or fitted with Ford engines and a 4- speed gearbox of the original make and type as in period, built and raced between 01.01.1961 and 31.12.1963, and fitted with a single pair of disc brakes or all disc brakes.

This assumes the Juniors are not continuation or modern replicas, which is supported by Reiza's quasi-fictional (historic) driver names.

Anyone interested in racing this car against 2022 FIA Lurani Trophy drivers (as opposed to the original period drivers) can use the AI file attached. It's a NAMeS-only file as we're dealing with the Release Candidate so there's no reason to introduce additional AI variability at this time.

Happy FIA Historic Formula Junior racing!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well the F-Ultimate G2 isn't really on the safe side in general.

At least brake bias should be pushed further towards the front (56-44?) and maybe diff preload set to 85 to have better turn-in.

Currently on default it's a slidefest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance of seeing some flashing rain lights and ERS harvesting on the formula ultimates? I think its the other thing missing from the immersion of formula racing, as thankfully coloured sidewalls are now on the gen 1 and the formula reiza and visual flatspots are possible?

• Like Like x 2
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Any news on having other basic setup elements (brake pressure and steering lock) adjustable even in fixed setup rooms like brake balance is? It would really help non wheel users.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I also think this is an absolute must. I avoid default setup servers specifically because there are no options to adjust steering lock, brake bias and brake pressure.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

Are you working on the flickering thin objects and sparks only appearing on one eye in vr? And it should be possible for brake strengh and steering lock to be changed in closed setup races. Also default request for more historic tin top cars

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Damn, did a flatspot test and oh my god it's actually as bad now a in rF2, and by bad, I mean they feel as horrible as I would think they do in real life and you really want to change you tires immediately afterwards!

After spending quite a bit of time with AMS2 over the winter, I recently have been giving rF2 a proper change by racing in LFM for few weeks now and frankly, grown to really like the FFB and how it feels in general, which I think were still a step of from AMS2. Not sure I have favorite anymore after 1.5 will be released, assuming most of other classes will feel as good as the open wheelers on this RC. Even the default/default+ FFB options on these updated cars don't feel that far off from the feel of open wheelers in rF2. I can't wait for the 1.5 release.

There is still really bad oscillations on default/default+ FFB though (you can get the wheel going full left/right when you staying still on track), hopefully that is something can be fixed at some point.

Now I'm keeping fingers crossed the multiplayer side get's a huge improvement in near future as well as it seriously needs it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Nice update Reiza team!
    It seems the resr grio issue is going.
    Can't wait to see it in the rest of the vehicles.

17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Anyone experience some stuttering issues in races @ Barcelona? It's fine on test day. As soon as all traffic is far enough in front it's smooth as usual 130 fps or so. No issues whatsoever at other tracks.

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd not call it a slidefest with that amount of aerodynamics and tire :p

Some adjustments will come, though - it's pretty on the nose where we can all agree.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

There are some Custom-ffb versions that close the gap between rF2-ffb & AMS2-ffb. As always, ffb is subjective and best results in AMS2 may require some experimentation and tweaking of a custom file for best results.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The physics feel great. The only problem I’m having is that through T3 around Barcelona in the F ultimate gen 2, I was getting a weird feeling that the front was turning more than the rear and couldn’t go full throttle due to understeer