1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Detaching the rear ARB is not meta for all cars in rF2 though, it's mainly a thing with GT3/GTE. There is lot in rF2 that is great, but I do also agree that this behavior is a bit too far into that direction and have been sometimes quite frustrated at first with some car/track combinations, at least until I get the setup in such shape that it doesn't do that (fortunately there is usually tools to do it so). On the other hand, I have felt it to be the other way in AMS2, where with some cars it was almost impossible to lose the rear like that (like the GT3 McLaren, which is still really forgiving) and I'm glad it's a step into less forgiving direction with the update.

2. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

If you guys can / want vote for AMS2 on steam for labour of love award. I think it totally deserve it from quality point specially after the last update.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
  3. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I wondering why the 1992 Williams have gear and suspension (DRS) LEDs indicator and the 1993 not. Also i wish a speedcounter on the dash. Maybe with a second display page?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hats off to Reiza, I really love this new update. The improvement across the board is insane. I hope to see more players enjoying it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

The new AI is really awesome guys, fantastic job! It's cool to see them fighting each other and going for moves, racing hard but clean, really impressive. Had a fun race with Porsche Cups around Goiania yesterday and they just felt right. New physics are pretty good too. Can't wait to see whats coming next in the game!

• Like Like x 1
  6. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I noticed on the F-HiTech Gen 1 I have 5 models, two of which are Generic 'Williams' Models. Is there a difference between the two?

7. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The second one does not have traction control and active suspension, making it much more tricky to drive.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One has active suspensions the other is passive

9. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Thanks guys!

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bet it is the old argument on whether cars are too forgiving or too snappy. We agree to disagree there.
    I just add this interview as a further contribution
    Data Is King: KW Studios' Alex Hodgkinson on Vehicle Handling Development

OverTake: Is "realism" actually your goal when developing the handling model of sim cars?

Alex Hodgkinson: Yes, definitely that’s the end goal. With a vast majority of real cars they are actually quite easy and enjoyable to drive without them trying to kill you. They may get sharp when you start to try very hard, but what we really want is our skills learned in the sim to translate to the real world directly.
    UNQUOTE

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It also does not have TC, making first and second gear quite "interesting" in it :)

12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

F-Ultimate Gen1 is great to me, i like it

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

If I look on racingcircuits.info it looks like the chicane at the beginning of the pit "straight" was installed in 1992. Even tho it wasnt used in GP racing, I guess that one should be present in the 1993 version. I haven't checked this for myself.

14. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I have a question. I see other cars sliding sometimes but it looks unnatural and dialled in to me. Does Reiza have to animate the cars since they don't have the same physic model as the players?
    Sometimes I am reminded of some old arcade games where the AI does some weird pre-animated slides and goes sideways.
    The problem to me it is looking very unnatural. Maybe if it is pre animated that they could model it to look more realistic.
    It also seems like they run up some high curbs still which looks very weird. It is just those little animations and behaviors that are taking away the realistic aspect imo.
    By the way I applaud Reiza for constantly tinkering away at everything. Especially I love they still go forward with the physics which is crucial in a sim.

15. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is, as seen here:

16. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Pretty awesome update - thank you.

For me the biggest change is 2 things on ovals - the indy car behaviour in the past at Indy for instance the back would continuously step out in a weird way. That is gone.

Also I just did an oval race and the AI is sooo much better than before !!

These 2 things are a bit of a shocker in improvements for me - wowzer :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget, the 1993 version of the circuit also has more CHEESE!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. BlackBird

BlackBird New Member

Controlled Folder Access
    solved!!! yeah ha, first corner ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Nice update! Are the GT3 cars still rather forgiving in terms of being still pretty 'slidy'? It makes driving at the limit rewarding, but (still) I wished the grip window would be a bit narrower. Though it's a matter of taste. The way it is grants great racing in MP and AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI mistakes are probably pre determined, that's why some happens on the same spots and of the same severity. However this has actually improved a lot from how it was before, now I have seen more natural errors like full 360 or 180 degree spins, losing it under braking and overall more natural looking mistakes. Before they almost always did that little tank slapper that would slow them down a little and carry on.

Regarding the animations, I agree in that its probably due to the AI being on simplified physics, the player car doesn't bounce so unnaturally over high kerbs, I remember Project Cars being the same, so it's probably an engine limitation.