1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

In Hockenheim 88 for driving F-Hitech Gen1 cars AI crashes/spins almost every lap on that second chicane. And V12 cars were the slowest of all cars or being too slow on fast track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The HiTech V12 model is based on the Ferraris from 92 and 93, they were not very competitive in those 2 years, although I agree they are always lagging behind in 15+ places, so they should give Alaire and Bauer a little boost, they where not that slow.

The Renault V10 was much superior and I think the balance of the cars is fine as it is for the player, you can really feel the difference between all models.

3. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I'm sure you can practice that but I doubt you'd be able to drive the same in terms of lap times. Take your personal best in an oversteery car, say Brazilian Stock Cars, V8 Supercar or maybe Group C on a track with both high speed and low speed corners and try to equal that without FFB. I don't doubt you can do that eventually after some practice but I think it'd be much harder.

There's a reason why the Solbergs switched to chase cam during their DiRT Rally 2.0 championship, FFB wasn't enough for them. Oli said that was the only way, or the best way, to see what the rear end was actually doing. Rally is a good example as you're basically almost always sideways.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tend to agree.. They are a bit too nerfed to be relevant... At least the late 1993 season F93 wasn't anymore 2s+ off the pace.. They were clearly the fourth car in the grid and often the would close the race in 4th/5th place or if more lucky on the podium. Right now they are completely at the back of the grid. I was full 4s faster than my team mate and first Fefe in it at 105

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

how about set camera movement options?
    g force movement is very useful to me.
    my comparison:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

So true what you said about braking. And Load Cell doesn't help. ABS (which can be simulated) only helps to a certain degree, and isn't the kind of feedback that we'd wish for. I'd be also unrealistic, since a real brake pedal is a pretty lifeless thing despite ABS kicking in.

The load cell or poti value of the sim brake pressure doesn't correlate at all with the deceleration. The same applies for a real car. It's the longitudinal G change that tells us IRL whether to lower or increase our foot braking force. So, to translate the virtual negative acceleration (that is correctly computed, but can't be put out physically) it can only be a workaround, like Motion Rigs tilting, Seat Belt Tensioners, or fans that "translate" speed changes.

7. toku23588

toku23588 New Member

mouse steering??

8. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Did another single player race with the Formula ultimate G2 at Silverstone, and wow I have to say this update to the AI is what I have been waiting for for years. I had some great racing and the AI is so fun to drive against now. I used to play the codemasters F1 games just for their AI, but of course everything else was better in AMS2 (FFB, realism etc). Now that AMS2 has the AI as well there's no going back. For me this update is the biggest leap forward for AMS2 and it is finally at a point where racing against AI is fun and challenging and I am completely immersed in the experience. Before the AI was so bad it would break the immersion but not any more.

Really good job. Hope the improvements continue but it is so much fun as is at the moment.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Found it, amazing building modelling, and a big skid pan area in the car park!:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For folks new to the im or who've just got the update. All you need to know about Launch Control.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you make a video of what you mean? Just would like to get a better idea (there was plenty of 4 wheel slides there and not sure how you could tell that they aren't anything like what you mean... )

12. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I'm not theorycrafting I do it all the time. Usually because I put the wheel on the desk and forget to plug it in before putting on my VR headset.

13. ricxx

Not sure if I understand. If your wheel isn't plugged in you're not even able to steer at all.
    I'm convinced that once it's visually clear to you that the rear end of your car's about to overtake you it is mostly already too late, especially in Super V8 or Group C, unless you're driving in chase cam as the Solbergs did. You want to react as quickly as possible, because the more sideways it gets the more time you're going to lose on corner exit, so you need FFB that tells you when rear grip is about to break pretty much the moment it happens.

14. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

What? No. Wheel input is USB, wheel FFB needs a power supply. If you unplug a logitech wheel's power supply you can still steer but there's no FFB.

You can tell the car's movement very easily in VR. As I said I'm talking about something I've done. At this point you're like someone waving their hands saying that aeroplanes will never exist.

• Like Like x 1
  15. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Add a little TC to have even more effective launch control with less slip!

• Informative Informative x 5
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Sounds promising.
    So if I ever get the money to buy a DD wheel then I will become even faster?
    Holy molly. I have to start saving money for that.
    Because where will I end up on the TT LBs then?:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I have nothing but positive things to say about the cars I've tested so far, but with one exception: The karts, more specifically the rental cars, feel really not up to par with the rest of the sim right now. I did some testing the other night with a friend that also karts regularly and we agreed they were way too sensitive in the steering, and the brakes didn't work at all. It's almost as if they're worse than they were before, super disappointed with it. Would anyone here in the forums be willing to give them a decent go and see if they have the same experience? For me they felt terrible, almost as if you couldn't throw them around at all, which is like the purpose of rental karts from my irl experience lol. I'm on Default+ FFB and 900 degrees steering btw.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. ricxx

I've never driven in VR so I can't comment on that, so that's certainly very different than driving while looking at a flat screen or three. To me driving without FFB and trying to be in max control is like trying to understand a cube by looking at a square. (Ofc all gamepad users don't have FFB either and manage to drive just fine, and I have huge respect for that).

The question was what to expect from FFB and what it is supposed to do, so maybe let's not drag this further off-topic, but I'd put my headset down for a moment to plug my wheel in next time. ^^

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think you are correct.
    At least in lots of situations.
    If we take the clown in the video then when he looses the rear because of oversteer (often induced by too much throtte or rear wheel curbs) then in about half of the examples the slide/rotation stops because the speed get reduced so much that the spinning rear tires does regain grip.

ByTheWay: Just because an unintended rotation get started because the rear is lost doesnt mean that it cant be stopped when the reduced speed helps the rear tires to get contact to the tarmac again.

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.5.3.4 is now live - this is a complementary update to the latest release with some further improvements & fixes.

This update also switches of the F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 free trial period, from now on they are available only to those who own those respective packages.

Full changelog below:

V1.5.3.4 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Reverted new camera switch behaviour on Cockpit Configuration page pending further assessment
    • Added -ffb_nofade launch command switch to disable FFB effect smooth fade in/out on pause and session start

UI & HUD
    • Added Motorsports Presets for Formula HiTech Gen1-2
    • Removed spurious help text from Scheduled FCY setting
    • Fixed redundant Gol FL boost setting in setup menu

PHYSICS
    • Disabled F-Classic qualifying tires until better support exists for AI cars to run them
    • Adjusted baseline tire pressures for F-HiTech Gen2 cars (setup reset recommended)
    • Improved launch control efficiency for F-Hitech G1M2 & all Gen2 engines
    • Nissan GT-R: Revised suspension geometry

AI
    • Redone AI lines For Interlagos 91/93, Oulton Park Classic, Watkins Glen (all layouts), Spa 1993
    • Further adjusted fuel load AI scalars for all classes, factoring fuel tank capacity along with car charateristics
    • Fine-tuned AI tire degradation to more closely match that of player for all classes
    • Further increased function to discourage AI from decididng to run off-track
    • Ai calibration pass for GTE, Porsche Cup (wet), Copa Classic B & FL, F-V12, F-Ultimate Gen1, F-HiTech Gen2, Kartcross, Superkart
    • Adjusted corridors at Daytona RC Bus Stop Chicane and Velopark 2010 to discourage drivers from driving off track and bouncing off inside wall respectively

TRACKS
    • Added dedicated safety car pitbox to Oulton Park, Watkins Glen
    • Barcelona GP: Fixed a physical irregularity in the track surface near the Europecar corner exit

VEHICLES

• Added colour matching driver outfits & helmets for all drivers in Copa Classic B/FL, Copa Fusca, Copa Uno, HotCars
    • Further increased speed thresholds for F-Classics & F-HiTechs to produce undertray sparks (further improvements to their visuals & dynamics still in progress

• Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 14