1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a global setup-reset with this update.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

It's logical: the physics changes, the setup needs to be redone

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Full disclosure folks there are some rough edges we are aware of and can address, so bit of the usual foot in mouth for when I wrote in dev update there wouldn´t be a new public release until everything was as polished as we could make :p Some car / tracks still have issues and kart AI is especially rough, but we wanted to give you all something fresh to play with over the weekend. We are working on those persisting rough edges it as I write this so expect a couple of hotfixes all the way to a complementary update on Monday.

As Dicra say it´s not perfect, will still not be perfect on Monday nor ever, but there´s a big enough step there generally to give a better sense of where the overall quality is headed.

• Like Like x 23
    • Winner Winner x 18
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  5. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Few reminders and tips when trying out the update

Don't judge based after trying out just couple of cars, tracks. Car can feel widely different depending on the track and track conditions.

Setups matter, default setup might not be great on all tracks/conditions. Ask for tips if you don't know how to do setups well.

Even if you can abuse some sliding behavior (at least on some cars) to get good laptimes, doing it lap after lap usually heat up the tires and you might not be able to catch those slips at some point.

Drive more open wheelers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No! It was just meant to express AMS2 players' excitement at the huge update. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Barcelona 1991 should be part of the Barcelona DLC, that came with only one version (I will not count a chicane as a different version, sorry).

This new track pack is some of the worst Reiza's decisions ever.

• Disagree Disagree x 23
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

But they fit perfectly to the new F-HiTec DLC.;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is there any info on when Adrenaline pt2 and Racin' USA pt4 will be released? I thought they were supposed to be released next.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Worst decision ever I doubt it but let's say it would be logical for Barcelona 1991 to also be part of a DLC titled Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
    Or one could argue that if you are interested in historic tracks, you probably want them all anyways.

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

• Onboard camera group on Replay mode now cycle on command rather than automatically
    :D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  13. Renato Simioni

1- It´s US$ 7.99 for three (four if you count the two Interlagos) new historical track layouts modelled at the usual quality standard - it´s a steal if you have any remote interest on such tracks.

2- If you are not interested then it´s not for you and you shouldn´t buy it. If you do and still find that unreasonable I´m afraid you are being kinda cheap and failing to imagine the costs of producing these things.

3- Barcelona 1991 was never planned or suggested to be included in the modern track and it´s the reason the modern track is cheaper than the other Premium Tracks.

4- Barcelona itself was already bonus content for a Premium Track Pack that originally only set out to deliver five tracks. Unfortunately we can´t give everything we produce free of extra charge.

5- Some confusion is understandable given how the other Premium Tracks were packaged, but those were bigger licenses that costed bigger bucks and generally featured more historical versions than just one. The licensing arrangements from a couple of those tracks also wouldn´t allow versions of their tracks to be bundled in with other tracks, otherwise we´d always have historical and modern tracks split from each other as users are far more likely to want multiple historical tracks in a pack, than they are to want Barcelona Historic just because the wanted the modern one.

6- At the end of the day these DLCs are priced similarly to a very average Pizza. Buy what you like, don´t buy what you don´t - life is too short to keep over-analysing things to find something to moan about.

• Winner x 31
    • Agree x 25
    • Like x 9
    • Informative x 6
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  14. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato first of all thank you for amazing update. I just want to point out one thing. In case of few persons from our league community some thought that HiTech will be a free content addition and I think a lot of other people thought that too after the Dev Update and they might be upset a little bit with how you guys communicate your plans.

The reason why that happened is I think because in the section where you describe F HiTech there was no single mention of word DLC or the price, just the description of the cars, where it's obvious in case of Historic Tracks pt 2 that this will be a paid DLC as you have mentioned it few times in that section + gave the price. Also probably some might thought that as usually with an update there was new free content with that. It's just guessing from my side, it doesn't impact me as I'm in the beta gang with all DLCs, but it is changing the plans for the community I drive in a little as I don't think we will be able to get everyone hop onto new DLC

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, getting hungry :D
    upload_2023-11-25_19-12-52.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
  16. Reeposter

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Renato Simioni

That was indeed an oversight of mine - I apologise for any confusion it caused, and hope the free weekend allows them to evaluate whether its a worthy purchase or not.

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I love F1 in early 90s. That's why so excited in this update. Only 94 left and it would be a dream.
    After long time, Reiza fixed the bug with the windscreen in the F-Classic G4M2 model. But I see only hooks and no screen. Also they updated the display in the Mclarens. But its still mph instead of kph. Also, I can't see the numbers correctly. I drive in VR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Reeposter

We will just do that this evening and tomorrow, from what I've driven in beta it's just too good to not buy! If I sell them this DLC (another one after trying to get them onto season pass) I might think about selling AMS2 in MLM system lol
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

Enjoy the BIG Update guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1