1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm waiting for THE race...:whistle:
    Will it have the Tricolore overflight during the start procedure...:):whistle:

• Like Like x 5
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As I am thankless and greedy, I have two wishes concerning historic track layouts. :whistle:

1. Estoril (Cascais) F1 1994; which still had the fast first corner, but also already the narrow chicane in last sector.
    2. Kyalami GP layout of 92/93, with that fast first sector.
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When I hear Richard Strauss, I am always thinking about that:
    2001-odyssee-im-weltraum-szene-2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I haven't tried qualifying with AI. I just set them to 110-120 and see where I fall in the pack and enjoy the race. Can't comment on the qualy though.

5. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

In my opinion AI is still too easy when using 120 difficulty. It of course varies by different classes and cars but open wheelers seems too easy.

6. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Thank you. So, they still don't use all the available compounds? :-(( Anyway, based on the only race I did, seems like the AI still stay out a bit longer if they were using softs, because they pitted only once, the same as me on mediums.

Will test a couple more races to see if this version introduced some variability on AI strats, but if they use only softs now it will be the same linear races as before with hards I'm affraid., but this time with a pit stop in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

The x2 multiplier over an hour works a lot better for endurance but it feels more like a gp. I guess if I want to simulate 4 hours I’ll have to do 2 hours of driving. I guess that’s what endurance is all about. Maybe I’ll start to play with driver swaps and have a coffee mid race. Before the update I was having great 45 minute races on x4 or x5
    Edit.. I play in VR so 2 hours is quite the face hugger

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.5.3.5 is now live - this is another complementary update to the latest release, pushing to address some of the remaining physics & AI issues and performance discrepancies.

AI remains unstable for the faster 125cc & Superkart classes, we´ll need a bit more time to fully get on top of these. The slower 4-stroke karts however shouild be working well.

V1.5.3.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Slightly increased wetness level of Damp Track Preset
    • Further minor reduction of initial water puddle size scalar so that puddles don´t grow as deep over a wet session

PHYSICS
    • Fixed excessive tire wear when flatspotting tire on a wet surface
    • Further minor reduction of initial water puddle size scalar
    • Revised oval tire treads for Super V8, StockV8 (2019-2022), Montana, Opala 86 & Omega 1999
    • Minor tire tread adjustments for all karts & Superkart, tintop oval variants (Stock 2019-2023, Super V8, Opala 86, Omega 99, Copa Montana)
    • F-Retro Gen1: Adjusted undertray collision for generic models & Mclaren M23; Minor aero adjustment for Lotus 72E
    • F-V10 Gen2: Made default gear ratio one click higher
    • Kartcross: Slightly increased rear wing downforce; Increased AI field spread. AI adjustments
    • Rallycross: Moved default brake bias slightly forward; AI adjustments
    • Minor adjustment to front splitter yaw sensitivity for StockV8 2019-2023 & Copa Montana
    • Revised intermediate tire tread for F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate (both gens)
    • Further launch control adjustments for F-HiTechs & Rallycross cars

AI
    • AI lines redone for Buenos Aires (6S, 12, 15 layouts), Cleveland, Interlagos 91/93, Road America (both layouts), Brasilia External, Campo Grande, Cascavel, Imola 1972, Imola 2001, Nurburgring RX, Tykki Dirt 1
    • Further adjusted AI fuel load & tire wear performance scalars for all cars
    • Revised AI tire wear rates, correcting excessive wear for GT and Prototype classes
    • Adjusted Ai brake usage for Opalas, Corvette C3 & C3R, Fusca FL
    • Increased AI field spread for F-Dirt, Kartcross
    • AI wet & damp calibration pass for F-Vintage (both gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate (both gens)
    • AI adjustments & calibration for tintop oval variants, Rallycross, Kartcross
    • AI calibration pass for F-Retro Gen2

TRACKS
    • Minor adjustments to track grip ranges for all surface types
    • Watkins Glen: Revised track limit at T1 to exclude run-off area as legal road
    • Spa Francorchamps 1993: Fixed safety car not returning to pits in a FCY causing caution period to never end

VEHICLES
    • Fixed missing windscreen in cockpit for F-Classic G4M2 & F-Hitech G1M2
    • F-Vee (both models): Adjusted front suspension animations to correct lifting front wheels at speed
    • F-Vintage G1M2: further adjusted rear height offset

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 30
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Please use the AI discrepancy report thread if you are able to contribute with a detailed report - we need to know lap times, settings and conditions to gauge whether the AI was performing as expected to begin with, and if yes whether there needs to be adjustment given the discrepancy against your own pace.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

i adressed an issue and it's solved a few hours later. Tried and tested. Fixed. Nice one! 45 minute endurance is great again

• Like Like x 7
  11. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

My favorite movie!!! :):):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

TRACKS
    • Minor adjustments to track grip ranges for all surface types
    What does it mean exactly?

13. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tracks have different asphalt and therefore different grip levels depending on the asphalt used, I assume that means the asphalt grip has been modified, either to increase or decrease.

Just my assumption

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Adjustments to max and min grip for all surfaces, wether it be tarmac, concrete, gravel, dirt and so on I imagine, but I could be wrong of course

15. Carlael

Carlael Member

Thank you so much Reiza crew!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Renato Simioni

Correct - basically some tracks had baseline grip a fraction too low and there were some inconsistencies in surface properties. These are fairly imperceptible changes except for a few specific tracks, Azure and Cleveland being two notable ones where baseline grip was abit too low.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

I think the dpi might still have excessive tyre wear when using multipliers. Brazilian prototypes are working fantastically though

18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When the dpi is in your hands or for the ai? What multiplier was set?

Just driven the car yesterday over 15 laps w/o multiplier. All well I mean but I can check this later too.

19. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

what a great video. Thanks Marc

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

Sorry, I was talking about the ai during a x4 tyre and fuel in a 1 hour race to simulate 4 hour endurance. The Brazilian prototypes had the same problem but that was fixed yesterday. They pit too early and too often. It was at spa. I only did the one race then went back to p1’s