1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Fiyah

Fiyah New Member

Dear Renato,

Thank you for that, I actually came across a weird bug with regard the damp preset:
    Steps to re-produce:
    I took out the Fiat Uno at Estoril (Cascais) 1988, (offline, single race, with free practice, qualy and race) With track preset set to damp. During free practice, I did a few laps until the track started to dry up with the racing line more and more evident. I then paused the Sim, entered replay, watched it, then returned to free practice, only to see the track fully damp again (without session restart of course.) This was done in 1.5.0.5.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Green light start sequence desync.

I really appreciate that the random timing of the green lights for the race start, but i do not appreciate how in more than half the online races it is totally out of sync, causing crashes at the start of the race because some people look like they jump the start, while others look like their car died before the race even started.

Can the green start lights procedure be reverted back to the way it was before with it NOT being random ? Because until this is properly fixed and synchronized for everyone how it should be, the start of the race is a miserable experience for everyone involved.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. RedDrive

RedDrive New Member

What a fantastic update!
    Especially the sound update for the formula cars is much appreciated; they now really pack a punch from the external view and have much more depth to them.
    Hopefully we can get updates for the other formula cars in that regard as well; the V10 Gen1 and Gen2 could really benefit from such an update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

The Audi 90 IMSA GTO is my absolute Track favorite! That would be phenomenal. The sound alone give me goosebumps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

How do you calculate grip levels for a specific track?Did you measure real values on track or you did some "guesswork" based on laptimes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This F1 mania motivated me to get some more lectures on hand :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Get some of it now if you want....... AMS2 | ARC PACK - VRC

I would luv to see Sebring and these as DLC's. Bring on the IMSA GTO class!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh, so this is what i've been experiencing recently! So this is actually done by the game deliberately?
    I've been thinking recently that lots of folks are jump starting the green light in races online, also I've been experiencing Ghost cars even on my own server when I've disallowed ghosted cars in settings. I was in a race the other night where all cars on track were physical, yet one (which I was following) was non physical the whole way through, every time I got near it it went transparent.

Im sorry but for me the selective ghost cars and the starts with everyone getting a green light at different times, is totally game destroying for online play, if this is infact an actual game feature (of course I could be wrong), I'll not be using AMS2 for online racing.

When was the start desync brought in? The ghost car thing has been a problem for a while, I can't stand it, v confusing, but its only recently i've been experiencing this weird start thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

These are great books! I currently have only the 80s, but my goal is to have them all. It’s on the expensive side though, but worth every cent.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Dallara F301 Still has visual Camber bug, camber does not change visually according to setups, and is just wrong in general, as you can not set wheels to a positive camber angle on this car, yet thats how they show from replay and cockpit

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. DrEvil

DrEvil New Member

[​IMG]
    Well look at that little icon change for the GT3's :whistle:

• Informative x 12
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Remember what I said before...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy! Those look very nice! Looking in Amazon the 60's to 90's books will drain some $300 dollarinos, hmmm decisions...

• Like Like x 2
  14. mmertens

I believe this is the classic issue from madness engine that exists since Pcars2, where when you check replays mid session, once you resume the session, the track evolution you had is reset to the same track condition from when you began the session. Due to this issue I avoid checking mid session replays when I have weather variability to not spoil my race (mostly to not ruin my race in situations where I gambled changing wets for slicks on a drying track. If you check the replay for example in an almost drying track, you can have a hard time resuming the race and finding yourself in trouble in a wetter track with slicks.) I believe this has been acknowledged long ago, but maybe it’s very hard to correct.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. mmertens

They are that good! Every time I check the price I think the same. But you’re right, sometimes I wonder if I just need to take a deep breath and click on buy to have the remaining ones! Tough call….but we only live once right? Maybe it’s about time…

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes this has been an issue for a while, so I don't pause game to look at replay now (in changing conditions). I just wait till the end of the race, save it, then watch it. Hope one day this can be fixed but I get the impression its a pretty hard problem to fix with this engine, probably related to the fact you can't jump to any point you like in replays, can only FFWD or RWND.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

For anyone now struggling with the Nissan GT3's Default setup, especially under trail braking and initial acceleration. Hope Its useful!

• Like Like x 1
  18. F1historic

F1historic Member

I have a request (it's not important but i would like it to see it implemented). When i drive for example the f1 92 93 cars i can see the legs of the driver move. When u brake or during the corners. It doesn't happen for example with the mclaren mp4/12 1997. Why?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

In last release driving in wet is amazing.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I think it simulates the heel&toe technique. Most of the drivers used to right-foot braking, in 1997 left-foot braking became more common, with notable exceptions (Barrichello I remember)...