1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What aggressiveness level should one set to let drive the ai in its most natural way in terms of their dedicated attributes?

E.g. Prost and Senna were very different. What aggr level covers the realty best, depending on what reiza implemented in the background?

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I use it on the highest setting since I have issues with the lower settings

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Either Low or Medium has the aggression span set to its largest range:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

If you use a Custom AI-file, setting the aggression to max ingame won't give you the desired result, because in this case, all opponents are very aggressive and the game does not care about the values within your file too much.
    At least, that's my experience.
    When I set it to medium, drivers with high aggression values in the file can be pretty nasty, whilst backmarkers with low values do not attack that resolutely.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No I don't think there is any such feature. I just made a quick search and there has been complaints about the start lights not synchronizing properly at least already in 2021. I haven't played this sim for that long, but I got the problem last winter many times (usually I was the one that got earlier greens and thought I'm just really good at starts... until I got it the other way around). It's really a bad bug, especially if faster cars are used, a combination, which often ends up with race ending crashes (and honestly worrying that it's not been able to get fixed yet, it's not like it's a rare problem.. I wouldn't be suprised if it happens on some degree in all races, but the desync might not be so much that it's always obvious).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The bug with the start is really a very common and catastrophic bug. This bug is probably also responsible for the fact that some people drive under different weather conditions at the same time.
    I only know ghost cars that come from the game in qualifying or training where people join while you are on the track. The game waits until you are in the pits to load the new player's data to avoid Image stuttering. This was already the case in pCARS2.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars don't have it implemented yet. It varies from car to car

8. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

Already bought it but without the iconic sound it is not the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree its catastrophic for any serious MP racing.
    But I wonder if it has something to do with the way MP mode is implemented in AMS2.
    Where there is no central server but 1st client act as a server - until the this server role is changed to another client if something happens to the 1st one.
    I mean if there allways was a central and stable server then at least the timing was related to the clock in this server.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula HiTech Gen1 Model 1:
    According to the car selection screen, this car should have TC. But it is not available in car when low downforce model is in use. TC is only there with standard model of this car.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

True....i wish the sound was as good as the ones in AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Historic weather: can I use this feature without an internet connection? Is the historic data baked into the sim? Asking because I have to turn off wifi connection once I start a race (to avoid the screen freezing issues).

So if I set up a race using historic weather for say Nov 5, 1998 while WiFi is on, then turn off wifi once I hit ‘Start’ will I have that days historic weather already set for the session?

Or am I just stuck with manual weather settings

13. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Once the weather is selected, the session doesn't need internet connection I think. The weather is not getting updated through the race, it's preset at the beggining of the session.

14. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finished my 1990 F1 championship. Since Le Mans still not on the horizon I simply started a new one :D.
    This time 1988 in the Ferrari to let the gamecocks Senna and Prost play their game. Autodromo Internacional Nelson Piquet is a tough one as a starter :confused:. Moving on to San Marino.

If someone like to watch the old seasons I can recommand the following stuff.

15. BrunoB

Actually I dont think that will be functioning.
    You can ofcourse set it up while you are connected. But then some time after you have cut the connection (random short or long) the game will check if you are connected - and then BUM: Connection Lost - want to abandon?

16. Manbird12000

so I ran a bunch tests with wifi turned off the entire time. Seems like the historic weather, at session start, pretty much matches historical data. This makes me believe that the historical data is baked into the game at least from the latest update .

From what it seems, the only time AMS2 needs a connection is when I’m asking it for current weather data or a few days before.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. BrunoB

So after your test the game actually dont need a connection if you just use some kind of static or default weather - right?

18. Manbird12000

Yep. It doesn’t seem to need to be connected at all unless I’m asking it for current weather. All the historic weather seems to line up with real track weather of the particular date.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While we're on the topic:
    Start synchronization bug (Potentially), false start on my part (Car rolls back because I'm not on the brakes) and other funny maneuvers. One incident in every Lap .

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Found another case of the "randomly bumped out of gear" bug. Normally this happens with the RX cars, but this time it happened with the McLaren 570s GT4. I didn't shift into neutral, but the game treated it as I was jammed into neutral, exactly like what I've experienced with all the RX cars. I'm not sure if hitting the curb shocked the gearbox or driveline or if it's just a weird physics bug, but it seems to happen if something disturbs the driven wheels right after shifting into 1st or 2nd.