1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Its hard to believe that such a game breaking bug was not addressed during many years of development. Applying the same logic of why the leaderboards were disabled/reset for many months due to the substantial physics upgrade I believe the MP shall be completely disabled until this race start sync bug is resolved. Whats the point of racing other guys online if each one of them sees different data on their screens?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If your video actually does show the possible time difference between green light for different drivers then this game is completely un-qualified for any serious MP racing.
    Is it possible that the car to the right who starts more or less 2 sec before nearby others get his personal green when he starts?
    If yes Im more or less speachless.

ByTheWay: Until others agree or disagree on how severe this BUG is I just keep my dissapointment locked down and go on only use this game in TT mode. Because if this BUG is so severe then...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. BrunoB

Checked the video.
    Its difficult to figure out whats happening.
    Nothing to see in the gear number display.
    But it COULD be wheelspin after your hitting the curb AND at the same time be in low gear with a lot of torque.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@BrunoB In this case, I'm also not quite sure whether this was a synch error or whether he set off so early. He was indeed very early.

5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For reference, the HUD in game said the car was in "N" not in 1st, which is exactly the same bug I've experienced with RX cars in tight hairpins. It feels like something is knocking the gearbox out of gear, because it initially downshifts, but then fails. It's not wheel spin, I'm for sure of that.

This clip is a few months old from I believe a beta branch, but whatever it is still exists in game.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  6. BrunoB

Curious question: has other also reported this issue?
    The only thing slightly related i have experienced is that if you lock up the rear wheels its impossible at the same time to gear down.
    In rl im pretty sure you will be able to shift down even when you lockup the wheels.
    Sorry back to the issue conserning going to neutral hitting curbs:D

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Correct.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DavidGossett

With the RX cars, rear lockup on the handbrake shouldn't do anything given there's a drive-line disconnect that activates while on the handbrake. It could be rear lockup while shifting, but it typically happens when I'm going back on power. If it was from axle lockup, I would figure front lockup effect it just as much, but seems to only happen mid corner or on exit.

In my 570s clip, you can see it goes into 1st, but slips out of gear mid corner. It could be the e-diff clamping down on one of the rear wheels which could confuse the gearbox, but idk. This is the first I've seen it with normal cars outside of RX.

• Like Like x 1
  9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I guess back then it was not a question of paddles or lever, they were going to have the lever anyway for backup so the question was whether they wanted to add the paddles (and with that the 5-6kg) or not.

10. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to say how bad the desync can be, but from my experience it is quite clear in situations where you are the one who get's the short end of the stick (you can see others moving when it's still red).. slightly harder the other way, you just think you got a great start.

Plenty of IRL examples how dangerous it is when somebody doesn't get a good start on the grid when lights go green... and this is much more common occurance in AMS2 MP, especially when faster cars are used with bigger grid sizes, which makes me believe there is some desync going on very often. It's bad enough when you have this uncertainty whether it was caused by desync or not..

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

In this dirt car video its pretty obvious the gear is stuck in some neutral between G1 and G2.
    Either it is a plain BUG or it has something to do with an issue caused by the auto restart of engine after stall or something.
    Hehe I become more and more glad that I only use AMS2 for the TT thing :D
    Its obvious that in a virtual game this very individual green start lights is not dangerous. But just like the missing action against possible cheaters in TT mode is game destroying then this is of the same or even higher level of completely game disqualifying.
    Because why use a lot of hours trying to be able to drive a tiny bit faster or a tiny bit more consistent if the devs responsible for the game dont even acknowledge that such a completely BASIC thing as timing is in a mess.:rolleyes:

12. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Anyone has issues with ABS? I use bake shakers and I notice that upon activating it keeps activated even when after braking and during corner exit for a while, is this normal?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

You could just use rolling starts online if you really think there is a problem with standing starts?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. DinoM

DinoM Member

In the rolling start races, I dealt with it in such a way that after the lead-up lap, after the race starts, if I overtake, I get a warning that I have overtaken illegally and I have x seconds to give back the place. What?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. DavidGossett

Except rolling starts can be easily abused. Just drop back a bit and start accelerating before the leader, you still won't pass them before the line, but you'll get an insanely good run. The problem is, it's nearly impossible to enforce "don't start accelerating until the leader does." I had a race with FCY where people jumped 6-7 positions each restart.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. BrunoB

Its a bit ironic proposal to sidestep a fundamental BUG in this completely unrealistic way.
    I mean seen in the context that a lot of people here use a lot of effort and time to try to recreate as example historical F1 races as historical realistic they can.
    Hehe and then have to start the race with a rolling start because the game are not able to execute a realistic FAIR standing start. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

The Caterhams are eliminating themselves in the Adelaide 1988 race and in the Interlagos 1976 Renato needs to adjust the Caterham's trajectory line, they are going over the curbs and are turning.

18. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this a problem? On the "Edit Assignments" page, it is not possible to scroll through it with the mouse wheel. Even with the slider on the right, there is no smooth experience. But there is no such issue on the "Gameplay" page:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Well the alternative - that you just sit there waiting for it to be fixed seems to go without stating the obvious - but then you're back where many of you were before this update - and where you'll be after the next update - forever not playing it because of some perceived thing that stops you from doing something.

Play it or not but the guy was just suggesting an idea to workaround it until the problem is resolved.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  20. BrunoB

You are presuming a lot of things. Among others what I do or do not.
    And then you also does suggest what I should do.
    If you are able to read what I say then I use AMS2 a lot. Every day actually.
    I enjoying positioning myself up on the TT LBs. And on tracks I like.
    And I guess that even if this severe time sync BUG was solved in a year or two I would still primarily enjoying myself in the TT mode.
    Completely ignoring what others based on their pretty biased imagination suggest I should do :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1