Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. F1historic

F1historic Member

i live close the Imola circuit. My first Gp was Imola 1996 (2 yrs after my idol, my legend, my hero, my inspiration passed away). I rmb the v10 era because every year i go to Imola and Monza and i'm used to it. Last september i was at Monza circuit and around 12.00 the older era cars were on track. Just WOW. The V12 ferrari 92 - the V10 ferrari 95 i guess. i don't rmb. show you some pics i took

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

But now that’s a great car in your second picture. The EuroBrun ER189, how cool is that? Beautifully slow car. I wish Reiza would add some Reiza underdog pre qualifying era cars to the roster of cars. Imagine a 1990 real grid with all 19 different teams. It would be so cool because the difference of performance were abysmal between teams back then. I always enjoyed trying to qualify a Coloni, or AGS in the old rFactor great mods! It gave much more depth to the simulation.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Who out there has the courage? 225 Laps of South Africa 900km 6 hours of racing Category Caterham Super Sport / Copa Uno Automobilista 2 20231212034524_1.jpg 20231212034539_1.jpg 20231212034533_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Wow, I wish I could race for 6 hours! There’s always this thing called life getting in the middle of it! I’m lucky if I have a clean 45min - 1hr to race. I’m never been able to do any 2hr race, an endurance one is out of my cards unfortunately. Interesting choice of circuit / car combo. I imagine the Uno need to be driven super smoothly on the uphill section due to low power? I might try a sprint race this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

now that is some serious dedication and stamina! Is this without driver swaps or A.I. control? Bravo mate!;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Wow.
    position 2-3-4 finished basically 3-wide, after 6 hours and 4 stops..... If it was not 3-wide during the whole 6 hours then it is really impressive.
    I wish I had the time to do something similar (even shorter)..... :(
    Compliments, really deserved compliments!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This "random" combination of cars, track and race length is really what AMS is all about. Just because no other person or league might like what you create, who cares? Enjoy!! We can each do whatever we want, but with a plausibly realistic experience and result.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The track was really rubbered in i suppose

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess I know what this guy is thinking :D

ByTheWay: Thanks for these great pics :)

Monza33.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's some serious stamina and commitment, you should get a special Reiza badge for that. In such slow cars as well!

Where you using mechanical failures? Not very realistic having 0 retirements in a 6 hour race with those cars. Also as noted above, 4 cars within 1 second after 6 hours, while not impossible, has a lower chance of happening in real life than winning some lotteries.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

I love the design of the Ferrari 312 T4, I wish Ferrari were in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

14. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I swap a big race with A.I.? If yes... can you teach us?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes you can choose A.I. control! Hang on, give me a few minutes to get a little screenshot to show you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah, just realised I already did this in a video ages back, In Car Menu's have changed a bit since then but process is still the same I think (without double checking), watch from 12:03 in the video when we decided to do it. Basically during the race open ICM, turn on SWAP DRIVER, then 'request pitstop' then when you pit, when you come out, A.I. should be in control.

Totally forgot I'd done this!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. Under you'll need to assign buttons for you're In Car Menu (ICM). In options go to CONTOLS> EDIT ASSINGMENTS> GAME, and look for ICM. Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Im very glad you brought this whole thing up actually @Alexandre Sene, as it has reminded me to try something out which seems like a big problem, and after doing a little test, it indeed is a big problem!

See the driver swaps (I know this from recent streams of long races with A.I. driver swaps) are bugged, because when the A.I. takes over your car, the tires start to waer at an incredibly fast rate, and they keep pitting for tires! I wondered if this was related to just hwen the A.I. take over your car, or if there is something wrong with A.I. tire wear in general, and it turns out its in general!

So I tried running a a long race with the A.I. in the GT3 cars at Laguna Seca in hot conditions but with tire wear turned up to 5X (something I would rarely ever do apart from the purpose of a test), and sure enough, just like when they take over your car, they're tires seem to be waering at a much accelerated rate than yours, as by the time my tires were only about 1/8 worn (so barely worn), they were already pitting for new tires! Infact by the time my tires were just over halfway worn, they'd pitted 3 times!

I've just gone back and ran a shorted race to check this and again, they pitted when my tires were about 1/8th worn.

I need to report this in the "AI Physics Discussion & Feedback thread" that @Renato Simioni mentioned in another post, but the link he left to it is broken and I can't find the thread through searching titles, so may have to put it in General Physics or General A.I. thread.

But thanks for reminding me because this is a pretty big problem for endurance races with the A.I. And without further testing, I don't yet know if its just related to the GT3 cars I was using, but i think the endurance stream i was refering to was multiclass, and the A.I. (when they took control of the car) were making this happen in all of the cars.

19. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. has anyone else experienced this, with any cars?

20. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. This is what the ICM looks like incar these days.
    Automobilista 2 12_12_2023 21_15_57.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1