1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Thanks Reiza.... three DLC in the shopping cart....

And I have absolutely no desire for these open wheel things....

...and then I drive around with it for three hours at a time. Damn how do you do that?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Quote from Marc Webber: "For weight reasons we have abandoned the paddle shift we used at Le Mans. It saves us 5 to 6 kgs. And the advantage was so small it was better to have the weight. And it gives us blisters"

Should probably adjust the weight too then :p

Didn't have too much time to really deep-dive into the update yet, just some casual driving but that felt really good, absolutely looking forward to spend more time with it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

4. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

I have been loyal to Reiza for 3 years, especially to its AMS2 product, and I must say with great pride, after this latest update, that I was NOT wrong. I gradually abandoned my other simulator games to finally, and without a doubt after this last update, stay ONLY with AMS2. It really is an authentic JEWEL. We are no longer talking about a simulator for racing game fans, we are talking about a Simulator for motor racing lovers. Thank you Reiza, it is exciting to see what you have turned your son into today. And to the rest... What are you waiting for to buy the entire product??? :D

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Louis Lu

Louis Lu New Member AMS2 Club Member

In the latest update, rear downforece have more significant effect on the car.If you set them too low and your tire not warm up ready, you gonna suffer in the corner.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LordNikon

LordNikon New Member

Newbie here, and new to simracing. I'm simply blown away by how good this is. I just picked up a DD wheel and I don't want to play anything else right now. The new CPU drivers are amazing, I don't have to tiptoe around them anymore, I can actually race them like they're serious opponents. What a massive upgrade. Just so much more confidence inspiring especially when moving around in a group of cars. Being able to hold the line -- even on the outside, and having the AI meet you aggressively but fairly is just a blast.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BlackBird

BlackBird New Member

My AMS2 become unplayable couse of this update.
    All Controller Bindings are gone, any settings are gone and if i try to reset AMS2 show .JPG , Setting could not be saved, try again YES / No a yellow Disk show up rigt lower corner
    If i restart the Game all key bindings are reset wrong, no triple , nothing can be saved! Did reinstall, not helped. 13700 3070 32gb, Sim Rig PC only!
    Yesterday i could race at 130fps full grid

Please help.
    Sorry for my broken language

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  8. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

Thank you Reiza for this amazing update!

One question, what's this new feature - Scheduled Full Course Yellow? The description is the same as for Mandatory Pit Stop, probably a bug, because I can select the race distance, not number of tyres. Can anyone write a few words about it?

9. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Nice DLC, bro ;)

upload_2023-11-26_4-9-5.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Tried the F-HighTec G2 (Williams) at Spa '93. Surprised just how ridiculously easy it is to take Eau Rouge flat out without a care in the world. Always hear how terrifying this corner was back then and yet it seems to be a doddle.

11. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I had to raise AI difficulty from the usual 102 i was using to 110. Plus, I think all the mods with custom AI now have strange behavior. Anybody else experienced this?

12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After hours of reading changelog, I just have to say:
    What an update, great and hard work, well done REIZA.
    Now, take a rest and with full power into 2024:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Remember that Renato said we will be getting something special next month;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just in case you haven’t thought about these yet….

1. You do have space left on the hard drive AMS2 is installed on?
    2. You have run a file integrity check from Steam?
    3. You have tried starting the game with all/most USB devices unplugged?

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Just had a chance to try some of the masses of things to test and of course, I went straight to the F1 cars on my favourite track in default setups.

Before I get into the other stuff, several of the cars seem to be in automatic mode on the way up but not down, at first I thought this was just a feature of the new hi-techs but found the same thing on the V10g2s. I checked my settings and was in manual, is there another option to change that I'm missing or could this be a bug?

I'm feeling some really awesome changes. The hi-techs can be pushed like crazy but are fun to drive. The V10 G2s also feel really well balanced now. F-Reizas also feel quite well balanced, being a little less forgiving than they were a few updates back, which is great.

My favourite, the F-ult G1 feels great until it feels horrible. Prior to this update I felt it understeered a little too much and it certainly feels like that has improved a little and I feel it has more character now. Sadly though it feels like the rear aero just switches off in some corners now and not low speed ones either. Even through some ultra high speed corners where the car should be nigh-on glued to the track, it just suddenly gives out.

I found a similar sort of behaviour in the F-ult g2. For my lack of ability to explain it better, the two ultimates just feel unpredictable, anytime I felt like I was starting to understand and trust the grip/aero vs speed situation it'd kick out in a really unexpected way.

Perhaps this is just an adjustment period but I have to say, I really hope this is not the F-ult g1s final form, it was my favourite and now I just find it frustrating and unpredictable. I'll keep at it but at high speeds, I don't believe those cars should behave that way.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is an artificial way to bunch up the field by having the safety car come out. If you play your strategy right you can pit at that time and lose less time in the pitstop due to the field tooling around at reduced speed behind the safety car. Apparently it us used in some series in real life.

17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gave the update a quick go last night.

The ffb seems a bit better indeed, and the handling of the cars i tried (corvette gtp,porsche gt1, f309,fv10gen1, formula hightech g1 and gen 2) felt really good, i also tried the superkart, and that still has a weird feeling, its very hard to keep it going in a straight line, which it has been doing since a couple updates, which before that it never used to do, and this takes away a bit of the fun, i really hoped that this update would have fixed that, has anyone else tried them?

I only used default setup, which i think should at least allow me to drive it in a straight line.

Launch control on the formula hightech indeed needs some work, as its very sluggish of the line, and somewhat inconsistent between different cars as well.

I am really curious about the extensive multiplayer logging, i know i can b*tch and moan about multiplayer, but really want to help where i can to improve the experience, when can we expect the dedicated thread, because i couldn't find it just yet, i assume that still needs to be created?

18. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i think you can compare it to the competition caution nascar has/had, thats the one serie i know used it

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All those settings get saved in your Documents folder. My guess is you are using OneDrive, and it's either full, or has some other sort of error preventing AMS2 writing anything new to it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1