1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He was indeed one of the best of all time and clearly had the most raw speed of all in his era. But let's not take away that the MP4/8 was an excellent car, let down by an underpowered engine when compared to the Renault. I think the game does a very good job in representing the differences between all 4 models.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a setting in the garage for those cars.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Yeah, I played with the Mp4/8 first but the model 2 is considerably faster if you can handle the extra rotation. I went from taking top by .2 to over a second between the two cars.

4. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, will look for it, but is that the case for the v10 gen 2, it never used to be at least.

5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These cars had auto upshifts when electronic aids were re-introduced in 2001.

6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been added for several cars, where it applied in real life. From the release notes:
    • Added launch control system for F-V10 Gen2, Corvette C8 Z06, Mclaren Senna, Rallycross

7. Ettore

New in this update

8. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the f-ult gen 1 and even though I didn't get to your lap times yet, I think I got pretty good idea how it behaves when pushing. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I can indeed snap the rear out when going over the limit and it's not always this slower slide that I can catch. Especially with the F1 cars, that to me feels realistic (seen plenty of such in the broadcasts, especially in practice sessions) and love that feeling of danger when pushing on your/car's limit. Didn't touch the setup and started with "default progressing" track, so it was more or less green.. I'm sure you can improve this with setup changes and even just more rubber on track can help too.

I play a lot of rF2, where I feel the rear snapping out is the first thing to look for, so things like using just a little throttle in some corners to keep the weight more on the rear is getting quite familiar to me (and something I didn't feel I needed to do much in AMS2 earlier) as well as having to adjust the setup to tame that behavior.

For anybody who primarly plays AMS2, I can image that after the update it can feel that it's much less forgiving now, but for me, it's definitely still mostly on the forgiving side of the spectrum. I'm also generally slower in AMS2 compared to let say rF2 and I think the biggest reason is that in AMS2 I feel my more "safety first" tendencies are hindarance and I would need to learn how to push a lot more and worry less about losing control of the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ettore

To be totally honest the rear being overly prone to snapping for no reason even at high speed in high downforce cars is one of the main reason I find RF2 to be quite off the real world.
    I genuinely wouldn't take that trait as a benchmark at all. If anything I would use it as a benchmark of what is far from real life.
    There is a reason why detaching rear ARB and all the other tweaks at the rear seem to be the META strategy there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I do agree with you in terms of AMS2 feeling safer at times but, I wonder if some of that is due to how effective the FFB actually is at giving us critical information. I suspect the FFB is actually better than some realize.

Over the Holiday weekend, I had a friend spend time in AMS2 (Beta) and then set him up in rF2 (where he quickly became frustrated). He said he felt so much more connected to the cars in AMS2. He found it much harder to recognize understeer / oversteer early in rF2.

Another key difference between sim's for me has to do with feedback via tire-audio and how it relates to grip-loss. AMS2 currently lags behind in that area but, I think it's often overlooked as a contributing factor in causing something of a disconnect for some players (myself included).

Of course, assuming AMS2 tire-audio improves significantly (I think it will), that may make it feel even easier to correct errors but, also make it more rewarding, overall.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

The numbers speak. Congratulations Reiza

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone got any settings tips for t300? Feels slightly off to me?

13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

The real test is how many stay with it, although there will undoubtedly be a drop off I am certain the numbers will remain high for much longer than after previous updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

I just bought the two new DLCs, not becasue I'm particular interested in them, but becasue what you guys are doing with this engine, which is someone elses codebase, is freaking amazing, and I want to support that continous development.

Thanks a lot for the hard work :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

New hi score ! Absolutely deserved, congrats team (and testers). Aside the update being awesome in itself, I think the last week pre-release hype (incl. YouTube) helped a bit.

Screenshot_20231126_173548.png

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to post this too :D. I believe it's not on its peak today.

17. bobbie424242

Indeed, it's just got beaten !

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThijsTurbo

ThijsTurbo New Member

Is it just me or does it seem like Interlagos 91 and Interlagos 93 are exactly the same?

19. bobbie424242

Quoting Renato about the 93 differences over 91:

• Like Like x 1
  20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Layout is the same or very nearly the same yes, but the kerbs and some trackside stuff differ. They decided to include the track as was for both of Ayrton Senna's wins.

• Like Like x 1