1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I'm tying. And I swear that is hard to find anything wrong with Real Weather + LiveTrack 3.0. Even the dry line is physically working dynamic regards compromise with performance + reality, and rain and spray have the best visuals in any sim racing game:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The general simracing public knows about the weather system of AMS2 as long as those people are not casuals and/or limited to only 1 sim. A view of them will also know that weather and track dynamics are introduced long way back in rF2 and is also supported by LMU. Why should they think it's an iR exclusive? This big sim community (iRacers...) waited for years to get this feature and they celebrate its arrival now. I think that's pretty ok. If it's a real upgrade or revolution to other models, fine. Then good job iR and good to see some progress in this area (if so...still not tested myself).

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is very very nice, indeed. A shame it is not used more often, like many features AMS2 provides.

The only quirk with AMS2 weather is that which was discussed at length here. Otherwise, it is damn amazing! Hopefully iRacing's rain novelty will push the AMS2 players into trying AMS2's wet racing more often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

I'm guessing reiza started using a different build for internal beta updates because we are on day 23 of no updates on beta build. The longest break they took before was a week. Screenshot 2024-03-09 205854.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They maybe have an internal version which isn’t via steam

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Probably. Because a 23 day break definitely wouldn't make sense in the current simracing dev landscape. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot.

7. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

23 days. I smell something cooking.. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we have cheese after the weather discussion?:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What if the discussion never ends

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We won't have cheese.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's completely to be expected, given Reiza's announcement in the December Development Update:
    I believe they are indeed striking while the iron is hot, just that the work isn't visible in any beta branch yet because it is much more under-the-hood work which is not yet beta ready:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ernesto_171

Will be fun If Reiza do a timeline for weather like IRacing, with some random properties using Real Weather.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

You can say that again. Honestly Reiza needs to hire a marketing person ASAP, they've been more than falling behind in that aspect.

Steam store page needs an update. A simple logo on black background is minimalistic and nice, but not quite eye-catching - all other sims also feature a car/screenshot representing their game. Steam photos need an update ASAP. Trailers are nice, but there's room for improvement. A new "overall" trailer is needed showing more of the game's content (not just that in the last year). The demo - goddamn it update the demo!! If you're offering a demo, you MUST keep it up to update, it will be the first thing a potential buyer tries out. If the demo sucks and doesn't represent the current state of the game, you've severely damaged the brand image. Either remove the demo or update it!

Communication outside of the forums and Steam is lackluster. AMS2 is one of the most graphically awe-inspiring sims out there - use that advantage! Showcase the beauty of the game and its features online. Snippets and videos on the YT channel, Instagram, FB, Reddit, etc. Take a hint out of iRacing's playbook, in regards to marketing iRacing is king at the moment. People need to somehow find out about the game, if you're not showcasing your game you're not getting new people to be interested. Maybe even shill out some money towards YT-ers to play the game, given that's where the majority of the player base resides.

Presentation and marketing is paramount. It's how you get new fans, new buyers. Good quality and word of mouth alone doesn't generate enough attention. You need to actively promote the game Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I, too, think it's "pretty OK" that iRacers are celebrating the arrival of the weather system. Actually, it's great news and I am pleased that people are enjoying it.

However, the general simracing public, by definition, will not know about AMS2's weather system (many of them missed AMS1's existence entirely); recent discussions in this very forum have revealed that even AMS2 enthusiasts aren't quite sure what it does. Further, some AMS2 players aren't aware of some of the sim's basic functions, as I mentioned in the UI 1.6 thread. The root cause of this is Reiza not publicising and explaining its product.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

When i played the demo a few months before i bought the game it was the thing that turned me away from the game because it was frankly awful. A lame car on a to me completely unkown track, worst first impression ever. Meanwhile Project Cars 2 demo is perfect - a choice between cars of GT, Road and Open Wheel classes at the Red Bull Ring, with a full grid and various weather, perfect, i was sold straight away ! It is what AMS2 needs.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx46wtb11TXqg5F4UjPg6nJD_0WTDExN-9?si=twKQ09QXhFiHE8YM

You can take the words of a real life pro driver (with no ties to any sim dev): the experience of driving in rain in iRacing is the best of all the sims.

Edit: before someone stabs me here, through his stream he is commenting on what is right and what is wrong. So no, iRacing's rain is not perfect, but among all sims it is the best in his view.

Edit: personally, I think AMS2 does spray graphics much much much better than iRacing. The iR one is awful looking.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Ernesto_171

Vitor, like a lot of AMS2 users, don't know deep what AMS2 can do. And isn't his fault: he drives most IRacing and ACC.

Pro drivers are more biased to Esports focused titles and give less time for the rest.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

To be honest, I thing the biggest disparity is not the corner you mentioned, but the main straight on laps 12 and 13.
    Lap 12 is completely soaked. It's more In the Lagos than Inter Lagos. But on lap 13 the racing line is completely dry. That's a very, very strange behaviour. To be honest, I've never seen anything like that. But I use the real weather system almost entirely. But even so, that's a HUGE difference in just one lap.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Woah, that's an amazing video. It really shows how incredible the Madness Engine is concerning the real weather system.
    But to be honest I've become very interested in iRacing after this update. I've seen a lot of videos and the physics seems very interesting.
    One of the main reasons I've never played iRacing was the lack of rain (and the pricing!). But now I'm really curious and I'm inclined to pay for one season just to feel how it is.

I don't care too much about what game is more realistic and stuff like that, but I would appreciate if Reiza developers would play lots of iRacing in the following months and bring some improvements to AMS2 based on what they see.

20. Ernesto_171

People that just play IRacing and ACC are going crazy, because puddles and soaked track makes tyres aquaplane, something that LiveTrack does and people that only play IRacing and ACC believe is magic or made by NASA.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1