1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pinned topic in AMS2 General: Official Real Weather Report Topic

• Like Like x 2
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Do you mean this? GitHub - mrbelowski/PCars2OpenweatherServer

There were some unfinished aspects, but it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it to AMS2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, I was not even aware it existed tbh, I did my own thing, but I am sure you did a better job than I did :) Yeah I guess it could be adapted without too much trouble considering AMS 2 runs on Madness, just like I been pondering making leaderboards for mod cars, but my coding skills are not too good and then after much effort… nobody uses it besides me.

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the replies, good to know its not only me. The biggest issue is not so much as the weather being wrong on the start of the session, it's been correct most of the time in my case. The issue is that it's static, never transitions from that starting weather condition, if you use 2x or 3x time acceleration it sometimes changes, but that beats the purpose of the real weather option altogether.

I think a proper tune up is needed to the real weather feature, it's a competitive advantage the game has, doesn't make sense to have it not working properly. Specially now that rain is the new shiny thing in sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I suppose "real-life" weather gets as accurate as the data provider and the coordinates of the nearest weather station. I'd suggest using it as a vague and kind of what to expect from weather on specific date, definitely not that there will be rain on lap 4 coming from turn 13 ;)

Living in Scotland makes the weather reading usually useless as it's so localised that there could be consistent heavy rain here, but completely dry with sunny spells in the weather station few miles away.

TL;DR: It's a guidance, not the oracle or carbon copy of actual weather that happened on a specific date at specific location.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep...that's about as good as it can get. And, at what resolution? AFAIK, polling hourly would be amazing resolution...we aren't likely to get 15 minute or 5 minute data because does that even exist in any available historical weather databases?

So, if the "real weather" only changes about once per hour, that would be why.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

So what are "long-term developments" wondering what reiza are currently working on for the next update.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've tried to gather any info I could, but they're staying tight lipped on the next update... :rolleyes:

l2JebYibhj6fARPTG.gif

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

I understand that, but if that's the case the real weather moniker is a bit misleading then. I am not expecting a 1-1 recreation of the weather, but if all it can do is 1 hour intervals between weather transitions its a very limited feature, because all but endurance races will have only 1 weather scenario. The excellent weather system goes to waste, unless you use random weather with sync to race, which in turn has other drawbacks.

I would simply like to have a 80 minute race with real weather where it starts dry and let's say starts raining after 20 minutes for 40 minutes then the last 20 minutes it stops or rain for the first 40 minutes then dry for the other 40. Yes I can do that with weather slots, but knowing what will happen feels like cheating, and if the game has a feature that says it does it but doesn't really do it, then what's the point?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What's the problem using time acceleration with Real Weather ? For example 2x time acceleration should result in RW updating every 30 mins (assuming RW data is indeed only available at 1h real time intervals).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Don't shoot the messenger :)

I suppose for days where weather doesn't change every hour it's definitely good enough and naming works well too, but I agree that in some scenarios it may topple over. It's all about expectations :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. carlosqw

carlosqw New Member

Anyone out there having a problem with the internal camera on the AMS2. The camera, look right and look left options do not work after update 1.5.5.6. Before the update I could look to the sides inside the cockpit, now this looking option only works on the external camera.

14. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Have you tried choosing the “random” option for multiple weather slots? It’s a way to guarantee variable weather during the race without knowing what’s coming.

15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Hoping to see more Australian tracks in the game at some point like Sandown Raceway

And also Melbourne, historic and modern layout

Maybe even Surfer's Paradise ?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Mazdaspeed

That would then cause issues with the track getting wet or dry too fast, not to mention it's not "real" anymore and would break the immersion a bit. But will definitely test to see how it works, gave it a go a go a while back but can't remember if it worked properly or not.

17. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Great choices! Maybe they could license some tracks like Queensland Raceway (great flowing track that should fit several cars, categories from AMS2) and Pukekohe in NZ; they shouldn’t be expensive to license and should be easier to create by Reiza expert track team. It’s great to have less known and more regional tracks in AMS2 amongst the staples, it provides a different flavour to the sim

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mazdaspeed

Thats what I have been doing, 3 random slots with sync to race weather progression. It works fine mostly, but then you get those very unlikely to happen in real life conditions like heavy fog and haze all of a sudden and it breaks the immersion.

As others have recommended, the ability to eliminate certain conditions from the random weather option would be great, that or the real weather to properly do the transitions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree with you. It would be necessary to be able to remove some weather conditions to have something coherent.
    upload_2024-3-11_20-13-24.png

20. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

The track don't get wet or dry faster with faster weather transitions like some kind of baked fast wet/dry track, but If you set a thunderstorm to happens from clear in 30 minutes, it will start to rain slower than 5 minutes transition. Same with rain stop.

Works really fine. Using It more than sync with race.

• Informative Informative x 1