1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is that its really only the cars behind you that effect the frame rate in night driving (At least in VR)? Gee, I wonder where I heard that before. :whistle:

2. Shark

Shark New Member

It's a magnificent way to race. Finally retired my 7'ish year old original Vive for a Vive pro 2 towards the end of 2023 and it was like stepping into VR for the first time again. Everything so crisp, being able to see all the way ahead on the track and read every fine detail on car displays. Running 3400x3400 per eye required I do something frivolous and borderline ridiculous on the GPU front, but I'm a relatively frugal man in most things, might as well treat myself from time to time.

Some folks love VR, some folks don't. If you don't get "sick" in VR and can handle the HMD for long durations, there's no more immersive way to put yourself in the sim. Reiza has done an excellent job with small VR details, like immersive mirrors that change based on your position. Took many years of community mods/updates for us to get that in AC. I'm one of those folks who won't race any other way these days.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

There's a lot I could say, but I will go with Well Done Reiza :) Everyone who contributes to any of it. Happy New Racing Year! <3

4. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year everybody! First things first, well done Reiza, not just for the lattest update but for how much AMS2 has improved since I've started playing it, driving feels better than ever and the sim looks better than it has ever done.

Now, new content wise, I can say I really like how this new cars drive, GT3's I mean what can I say, they're GT3s, composed, planted, fairly easy to control, like you would expect a GT3 to drive, if I have to pick favourites it has to be the BMW. Lmdh's though its a very different story, the cars feel heavier than you would expect but still very planted, fast through medium to high speed corners altough with LD specs they also feel quite light at the rear. Driving wise so far I have nothing bad to say, haven't even touched the setup but they feel fantastic both dry aswell as in the wet.

But what I've noticed is a couple of things when racing, I assume alot of this is being worked on since the release log mentions some points that haven't made it into this update.

1. ERS mapping on lemans seems to be off, tried it on the BMW, but if I select qualy mode it seems to stop deploying energy after the mulsane straight, and then you lose time though the rest of the lap. I know this cars are mostly following IMSA regulations, but the fact is that balanced mode is faster than qualy mode though a full lap of lemans. Possibly you can activate qualy at a certain point of the lap to gain an advantage but it's confusing, again, not a big deal but weird.

2. AI, this is possibly the biggest problem right now, the AI seems to struggle overtaking slower cars through most of the lap, it's very common for them to loose about 2 to 3 seconds when they encounter multiple slower cars infront of them, it doesn't always happen but when it does its pretty noticable. However the biggest flaw right now is the pitstops, the AI seems to loose an unreasonable amount of time in the pits, not on entry or exit, but in the pits itself, some of their strategies seem way off, making them loose about 10 to 15 seconds on the pits at the minimum. This is by far the biggest problem right now. I assume some of the strategies for lemans still have to be polished, later I'm gonna do more races in other tracks to see what the AI does, since I've done multiple F1 races in previous versions and I've never seen something like this.

However all of this like I said, both cars and track are absolutely fantastic.

Keep pushing Reiza! GG

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

30+FPS loss with 20 cars in grid from last to pole. Hope isn't hard to implement a setting to limit just cars behind player someday.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BazzaLB

Couldn't agree more. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Active Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Any favorite combinations worth trying on a free day tonight at LM or Bugatti?

8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whilst I partially agree the ideal setting would be a Slider so we can adjust X cars in front with X cars behind visible, limiting just cars behind would still mean 20+ rendering in front causing FPS loss even in daytime without lights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Copa trucks around the Bugatti layout

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Active Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ow that looks like fun, squeezing that rubber on the limits :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah but, the framerate drop caused by cars in front during daytime/night/whenever vs cars behind at night or when headlights are enabled is only a tiny fraction by comparison. And if the goal of implementing the setting was to improve nighttime performance then having greater adjustabilty if possible makes sense.

It's a step in the right direction for sure, and it's great to see them thinking about this end of things. Just with some tweaking it could be significantly more useful.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Insanely great. Can't stop drivin.

ss145644.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Unfortunately, the gains even with the more agressive setting don't pay the price for visual and immersion loss. We can have massive FPS gains with headlights on with just less cars behind. This will be really usefull.

Without recording I can get fixed 120FPS with 31 visible cars or 12, day. The big problem really is headlights on and cars behind:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the individual hardware & HMD as to whether the performance is "a tiny fraction", even in day time driving I'm seeing decent performance gains from limiting cars on my system. As I said the ideal scenario is a user adjustable one so we're all happy :)

Edit: and yes I agree it's a good start with this particular feature, looking forward to further improvements

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

With the new update, my statistics have been reset. Zero races, zero wins, etc.
    Not a big thing, but was it supposed to be like that?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BazzaLB

How about 2 settings. Maximum visible cars: Front, Maximum Visible Cars: Behind.

• Like Like x 5
  17. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all, happy new year to all AMS2 community and especially Reiza teams that deserves a great pat in the back for the GEMS they delivered right on time for the holidays and kept working on until the very last day of the year. You guys are passionate and there's no doubt about it.

Drove for the first time Le Mans in multiplayer yesterday. Driving an LMDH, flashing light to non-AI GT3 traffic, see them yield the way in an unpredictable manner and finally make your way through them in the Porsche-Pont-Karting-Corvette esses, is just an incredible feeling. Full-on adrenaline. Top this with a sun-rise and a slightly damp track, and its just gold for the eyes too.
    Way to go Reiza!!! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

I just wanted to thank again for this pack. Reiza just saved quite a few people from paying 10 usd a year! (and that's just for the base pack)

Thank you so much and looking forward to more prototype and USA circuits. After some rest, that is ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I started reading a book on 100 years of Le Mans (by Richard Williams) - Is it too much to hope for a 1920s version with appropriate car pack? :D

(I suppose 60s/70s onwards will be okay :p )

• Like Like x 1
  20. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

One of the perks of being gifted a Paddock Club membership last year, like many here, is that I have been able to create NAMeS files prior to any official release. I also figure the information in the files can save other modders the trouble of obtaining default livery names for any class when creating subsequent livery sets, etc.

• Like Like x 6