1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Transitioning from night through Dawn at Le Mans, with the first drops of rain starting to hit the windscreen...pretty much all I need from a driving sim.

Imagine how 2020's virtual Le Mans would have been with AMS2 in its current build.

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

We all know from experience it's not going to last, but current player numbers are really a sight to behold after all these years. AMS2 is currently comfortably the fourth most played sim behind the eternal AC's and iRacing, easily reaching player numbers that seemed impossible even as late as mid 2022, when the game's highest peak was still from October 2020 and below the four figures (976).

After all the incredibly hard work from 2020 (actually probably 2018) to what is now 2024, I feel like it's truly beginning to get rewarded - and having read the dev update, it's not like the future is looking bleak at all.

With all the progress that's been achieved in the past couple of years, with current development budget being most likely as high as it's ever been, with many new people joining the team and the old ones remaining as passionate as ever, I can't help but be very excited for what the future has in store.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Normally if I try solo lapping at Le Mans, or a bigger track, it's easy to get bored, but with the new update (cars and track) it is simply a joy :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When you delete the Porsche and Cadillac entrys in the custom AI file of @AlexBfromG wonderful WEC skinpack for the DPi you get some WEC feeling :)

ss000112.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Yes, the 991.2 GT3 4.0 and 991.1 GT3 3.8 both raced during the 2019 Porsche Carrera Cup Brasil season, so Reiza has provided us with these schedules. Interestingly, Reiza's quasi-fictional drivers for the Cup cars are 100% derived from a selection of real Carrera Cup drivers from around the globe (i.e., yielding a typical NAMeS conversion). The attached custom-AI file can be used to place the 2019 Carrera Cup & Carrera Cup 3.8 Brasil drivers into their respective classes.

Although the file contains only names & nationalities, the 2019 drivers have been performance-ranked to similarly match up with the underlying Reiza default drivers (i.e., no additional attributes are necessary). Feel free to use this custom file with the new 2019 Carrera Cup 4.0/3.8 schedules, or for those times you may not be using the available 2021 Carrera Cup Brasil (or other) livery set. I'll undoubtedly add this 2019 file (as an alternative version) to a future NAMeS release, but I'd rather just go back in the sim for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Hah... I solved it
    Real Epic Improvmend Zoftware Architect... REIZA!

I finally know what that means

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When the mist over hangs the track during dawn, that was a real "wow" moment for me and in VR it looked fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

2007-2008: The F1 Era Automobilista 2 Desperately Needs
    I do agree, those years were unique and magic.
    In order to be absolutely perfect my dream would be a ground effect turbo F1, a Ferrari 641-style car and a generic V8 and V10 to be implemented in the F1 V12 category.
    But what we have is already more than enough..

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

For me, the years I'd like to be included and that have been completely overlooked by all developpers are 1980-1981-1982. In AMS2, we have cars that replicate 1978-79 and 1984 and up. But 1980 to 1982 are never part of a sim. Yet, these were very interesting seasons. (1982 was, of course, tragic with the loss of my hero Gilles Villeneuve, the death of Riccardo Paletti and the horrible crash of Didier Pironi.)

I'm surprised that Reiza has included several Piquet cars but not the one from his 1981 WC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do you have any theories?

11. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. roderick

roderick New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza, i really hope the sim grows in such a way as to set you lovely people up for life, your dedication is being enjoyed worldwide, and long may it continue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome!

I did a base setup for the BMW, but not yet for the Porsche, that's still a WIP.

14. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I think the Le mans pack is a genuine game-changer. Those figures will stabilise and grow from now on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Exorbit

Exorbit New Member

AMS2 definitely got me into sim racing. I'm lucky to be able to ride with VR/motion platform/buttkicker and AMS2 is just fantastic with that combo. It feels very good and quite honestly I don't really get the commentaries over the slidiness of the sim. I did a side by side comaprison with AC yesterday, and didn't experience much of a difference on that side except the AC FFB being a bit sharper. But, I'm no conoisseur, I might be wrong. Anyway, I just love it, and that's what matters to me :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

Pro-tip: if you select private qualifying option, increase the AI difficulty a little. 2 or 3 points.

I was 3 seconds faster than them just by enabling private qualy.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

E sports on a dedicated server, and a 24hr race to boot. Wouldn't risk that with AMS2 tbh

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe not at the moment, but they are getting there.
    We did a 6 hour race with 28 drivers. I think we had 1 disconnect, though this wasn't on a dedicated server at the time.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's already in the game, just in the wrong category (F-Retro Gen 2).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Guys what's a good benchmark combo to set the AI value?