1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Endurance race is about building a team and work together for reaching goals mate :D:p;):)
    After you've handed over the car, in the icm menu the option to change the driver is not set anymore, but I will doublecheck again.
    Thus the ai is running until you will set the driver swap. I still have to check if I can force the ai to come in whenever I'd like to get back into the car.

Pit stops should not take any longer by ai.
    You can set in the menu what actions to be done while standing. Like you do preparing your own pit stops.

I will get back in the cockpit for the night stint in a bit and run maybe 2 in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diego Scotto

Diego Scotto New Member

Good morning, congratulations on the simulator, I have been following it since the beginning and I would like to give a suggestion in the preset championships (I tried running in Classic Gen 2).

It would be good to be able to modify the length of time in practice and classification, some are very long and cannot be advanced. Many times we already know the circuit and it is not necessary an hour or an hour and a half to practice and qualify.
    If it can be accelerated or go to the end, I did not discover it and I apologize. Greetings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you use the ICM to request a stop the AI will stop on that lap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am not near Orlando, but the last time I visited there on a business trip I took a colleague to the Ocala kart track (one of the best!!) where she managed to inadvertently tangle with some rambunctious teens and get ejected from her kart on the first lap out! Did not go as planned :(

A rig with enough force to simulate big curbs sounds amazing, but then belts will be required and fastening everything else down solidly so you don't rip the wheel off it's hub or the wheel base off it's mount when you get in a dicey situation!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Although I really adore Ams2 and Reiza now, I will probably never use this AI option. Online driver swapping and offline saving and loading would be a real dream. But I think letting the AI drive for me (when 32 other AIs are doing their own race anyway) is a waste of electricity. I have the feeling that autonomous cars in real life will probably make a lot of empty test drives through the city just to see if they can get home. I don't want to criticize anything here, but I don't really understand this option either.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. fireballr18

Yes, it works.
    What seems not working is when you want to cancel the call. I.e. you instruct the ai to come in and cancel it afterwards. In my case the ai ignored my last instruction and go in for pitting. Checked it 2 times and I reported it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. pr07

pr07 Member

So this hasn't been fixed with the update then. The AI's tyres wearing way too quickly and blue flag behavior are the biggest issues with them at the moment (along with quite a few broken AI lines), fixing only these things will massivelly improve the experience of racing them. Then we could make the most out of the fantastic cars and tracks Reiza has been giving us for almost 4 years now.

8. fireballr18

Iirc...the status of the tires are not correct in the display when ai is driving.

9. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I honestly dont know but i know i can set mine up so bumps and curbs are unbearable. You wouldnt last 5 minutes. Even driving a open wheel around daytona i could make it so it would be hard to see. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just like a race car you need to nut and bolt it because stuff vibrates loose. lol But yes if you set it up harsh enough youd need belts for sure. Its no fun getting out of your sim rig in pain though so i dont run mine like that because it s just too hard on the back and neck.

11. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Is there a way to keep the game going when not in focus? I'd like to let the AI do a stint in the background while I do something else at the PC

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're an offline racer and want to do a 24 hour simulated race without driving for 24 hours straight this is a useful feature.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. manfer

manfer Member

Are you sure? How do you know it? I have my own dashboard via Simhub and got this data from there...

14. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I have another question: Can I see how much ERS is left for the lap on the LMDHs Dashes?

15. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, you can't currently. You can do your own testing. With ERS in quali mode your 'budget' of electric energy is zero just after the second chicane e.g.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fireballr18

I thought I've read some feedback on this. But can't find it atm. Someone have to confirm/not confirm. Perhaps I'm mixing it up.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

ERS energy left is displayed at "SoC" (state of charge) - The Porsche also has a bar on the righthand side of the wheel screen for example.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I know about the bar in the Porsche, but that only shows how much energy is left in general and not what I‘m able to use for the rest of the lap, correct?

19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To me the way he phrased it I think he didn't mean SOC. We only have a limited amount of energy per lap at our disposal, when that's consumed the little flashing lightning icon disappears. I think that's what he meant. I have the wheel turned off in cockpit so I don't know if there's something on the dash.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, yeah for LMDh there is no per-lap restriction of deployable energy, they've got a stint energy contingent in the ruleset.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1