Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm definitely very confused now :D What do you mean by 'it decides'? If I choose 'Build' it can decide to not deploy? I'll have to mess a bit around but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining what I described above.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What session type did you drive and what ERS mode?

3. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

I wanted to be polite :D

So here my questions , please forgive my English.
    My first question is : the kurb can turn black from passing over them in long races ?

And question 2 is :
    Why somes cars do not have the fuel alarm on the wheel dash like the BMW Hybrid or the Cadillac for example ?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. ricxx

That's exactly what I'm experiencing as well. The fact - as you point out - that at the Start/Finish line the little lightning starts flashing again indicates to me that there is a limited budget of electric energy per lap to use. That's renewed when you start a new lap obviously.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

Example Build mode tries to always maintain a net positive in gain of ERS SoC, for that it will stop deploying at some occasions. In that case the flash symbol will not blink obviously.

It has nothing to do with per-lap restriction necessarily like mentioned a few times now. (Flashing lightning symbol already disappears when you go off throttle for example)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Just a testing day session & ers mode qualify.
    Overall energy was half way left, I can post a screenshot if neccessery.

7. CrimsonEminence

Might be possible if rubbered line renders on them, yeah.

That's something vehicle dependent (not just LMDh but in general). Some give a clear ALARM message like the Porsche, some are just giving a red colour and some don't at all.

• Informative Informative x 5
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Further to my previous reply, look at this!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Thanks for the responses !

10. ricxx

Look I'm only describing what I'm seeing when driving. The little lightning flashes when you're on power, but it stops flashing completely at some point and HP is reduced. I'm usually either in 'attack' mode or 'quali' at that point. After the start finish line the new lap begins the icon appears and flashes again on power and I have full HP. That's what is happening.

11. CrimsonEminence

@Siggi_Stoppschild
    Ah i see what's up - the removal of accidental per lap restriction doesn't seem to be up with last hotfix yet, this will be up with next complementary patch though!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That means you can empty the batteries for, just making something up, 5 entire laps at Le Mans and the rest of the stint you can only rely on the combustion engine anymore?

13. CrimsonEminence

After the accidental per lap restriction has been removed in next fix you will be able to completely deplete all your SoC within 1 lap at Le Mans with qualy mode if you choose to do so.

You can harvest it back via ERS build mode or turning deploy off completely. LMDh deliver 50 KW of power via ERS so the punishment isn't too harsh.

• Like Like x 3
  14. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5h and 83 laps later...the car is back in the pits :cool:

This ai driver swap support is truely a fantastic feature. So much fun to drive races way longer what someone normally does in SP. Ai is keeping the pace (or even a bit better - in my case :p) and pushes when you need a rest or doing something else in the meantime. It works pretty nice and it's amazing going back into the rig, watching the teammate and waiting until he pits to get back in the chair again. Awesome.
    I like the idea to start the next one straight on :D, but I think it's enough today and I'll limit myself with some comfortabel crusing around here and there...and think about what track/car/multiclass combination I can attack next over hours :)

• Like Like x 7
  15. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Thank you very much - I‘m looking forward to the hotfix! I believe it is coming with the release of the DLC, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

No ETAs. But it has a likelyhood.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3s (both Gen 1 and 2) and LMDh come out of the pits with hot tires, but they are forbidden by regs. Is it planned to keep them that way? This is kinda a major thing IRL as drivers try their best to preserve tires when they come out of the pits, especially Hypercars/GTP. In AMS2 there is no graining but I can see how no tire warmers would affect braking distances and lockups, creating wear, thus the need to be careful.
    Also why is the class called "LMDh" in AMS2? I know there is a Hypercar class already, but GTP could be used (it is used on the livery number plate). Technically LMDh is not a class, it's just one of the two concurrent technical regulations. If an LMH car was ever added to AMS2, would that be in its own class? That would be a problem because it would be classified separately in the standings.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  18. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Would have been perfect if the game could still go when not on focus. Can't alt tab and let the AI race since the game pauses

19. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the only LOD issue I still notice every time I drive by is this red-ish tree near the second chicane. It's a very noticeable pop-in. Other than that, the track is perfect :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

When/if we get LMH hypercars it should be the same class cause as you stated LMH & LMDH are two regulation sets under the class of hypercar.