1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You will be happy to know that tyre warming blankets will be disabled for LMDh and GT3 Gen2 in the next round of updates. We understand the regulations and have been discussing this internally prior to release. We have tested it enough to move forward with this disabled..

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

It would be nice if it had the Radical and LMP 900

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

tire warmer: authentic, on, off
    option is also nice

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

I'm stunned.... When pit limited is engaged , the headlights doesn't flash... I'm about to cry...

Joke aside , can we bind a key to flash our headlight when we want to pass a car ?

5. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just mash whatever button the headlights are assigned to, only issue is, the AI don’t care, they be like: “Whatever bro!” :)

6. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Yeah I know. It's just for immersion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess a dedicated assignment for it could not hurt, mashing buttons or (in my case since I do not have enough buttons) keys is not always advisable when travelling at great speeds.

I was messing with brake balance at some point on Le Mans, missed the braking point completely. If you're going to drive into a wall at 300 kph and not brake at all, not sure brake balance is essential.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I spent 110hrs in AMS2 within the last 2 weeks and I guess ca. 90% with the LMDhs. I must admit for being a very busy man over the holidays :whistle:.
    I'm already waiting on the Endurance Pack Pt.2 and the LMP2. Always looking ahead :D:whistle:

• Like Like x 8
  9. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Though you could always flash your lights :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Flavio Engel

Flavio Engel Member

Not sure if I don't pay attention to details, but where can I see the ERS in the new LMDh from the cockpit/wheel, without any extra huds. (playing vr)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Yes ! I wrote this on the feature request section long ago, would be great to have this as an option.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there any plans to have realistic pit limiters? Now the pit limiter can be engaged at any gear and any speed which is far from real?

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Personally I'd prefer to have the option to set tyre blankets on/off/realistic for any car, just like we can with things such as TC & ABS.

• Agree Agree x 12
  14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And you can also switch on the pit limiter on any car, even cars that don't have one

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Totally agree.

16. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks your reply again, I tried your tips however still only 3 cars were retired. I attacehd the customAI files as you ca see the range is more or less the same as you advised, unfortunately I still struggling with the lack of retirement even tough I set the random failures to 4x. Maybe soemthing broken with the multiplier, I will try with sync to race.

Attached Files:

17. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

With regards to a dedicated flash button: May I suggest - if this is possible - additional hold-to-engage functionality for the regular headlights binding? I.e. you want to toggle headlights (and perhaps low beam/high beam, who knows? :D) you just hit the key once or twice, and if you want to flash you'll hold it down for a second, which flashes the lights for a set amount of times. That way we don't need to bind another key or button, particularly if the number of buttons on a wheel, button box or controller is limited and every single one has already been assigned to something important.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is true. The previous post, IMO, is not: positions, even race wins, have been lost in real life races because a driver accidentally activated the pit limiter at racing speeds. And this is without bearing in mind the existance of Code 60, which forces a driver to inmediately slow down to pit limit speeds while travelling through a designated slow zone.

19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ACO are allowing tyre warmers at Le Mans, though, after some bad crashes at a very chilly Spa event. I don‘t know how much work that‘d be, according to many people you just have to press a button :D, but It‘d be accurate.

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For 2023 only because Michelin tires were so bad. For 2024 they won't do it again. Hopefully Michelin tires will have improved by then

• Like Like x 1