1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

iRacing isn't any better with physics despite the tires physical model. Look at (again) how Morad is driving LMP2s with BB below 50%.
    If you look at any of the fast guys on LMDH races they all use it that way because you can't have lateral grip while braking on front tires. On LMDH is very evident with slip lights: every time they approach a braking zone the yellow slip lights are on all the time. It means they need to keep the rear at almost lock up point so that they can turn in the cars. Brakes application basically works as a rudder in a boat by giving higher leverage to rotate the car from the rear. The result is a driving technique that is completely opposite to real life: brake much less while in a straight line and work like crazy on trail braking while turning so that the front doesn't wash out. Result is that while you are turning in if you have understeer you need to brake more instead of less.
    Then there is the always improving grip with lower track temps that lead to the infamous grass driving at Spa which they fixed putting grass at the same temp as tarmac. In iracing lower track temps always lead to faster cars no matter what even when it's 18C. It doesn't go lower either.
    The advantage of slipstreaming in terms of fuel saving is a joke and people are still clutching in straight line even though iracing tried to close the loophole there by means of a workaround that will not allow fuel saving by clutching (in theory).
    Every sim has its own issues. Some of them have been going for 10 years even in the unanimously recognized "bESt SIm eVAh"...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I constantly switch between apps while running AMS2 with no issues at all. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and Windows 11.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Carlael

Carlael Member

For me as someone who doesn't see so well the lights improvements has given the opportunity and pleasure to race on the night. Thank you so much Reiza, good work!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Direct? He's been unprofessional and factually wrong. What you describe might all well be very true, but saying ACC is no racing sim is lazy and outright fake news. it's the same kind of nonsense people are talking about AMS2, isn't it? It is toxic and it poisons the sim racing 'environment'. Nobody needs this.

He won at Indianapolis and obviously he's a very talented driver, but it's this kind of uninformed statements, no matter which game they might be directed at, that are completely unnecessary, especially as they reach a wide audience and people blindly believe everything they say as being a racing driver gives them special credibility.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I went on the internet and I found this (useful indicator of things to come in Le Mans)!
    So many manufacturers. :eek:

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Give VIR Grand a go if you haven't already, in winter it looks amazing. The landscape feels completely different. Great light in the morning too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. JensE1976

JensE1976 New Member

One quick question please:
    My AI ist now driving..can i watch the Race from TV cameras? Can only do Cockpit right now.If yes which Key is it please?
    Thank you

8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, the hype is real. 18 cars will be on the grid in the Hypercar class in WEC for the 2024 season. Aston Martin will also enter the arena and I think Acura will make an appearance as well at some point. It is exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe 2025 will be the time we get Aston Martin AMS2

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

THAT SOON?! I feel we haven't been waiting long enough by then! :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Racinglegend1234

Well it would be fitting since that’s when the Valkyrie will race around Le Mans

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

His first comments about ACC were a bit rough, but I didn't think his second video was that bad actually. At least he tried to explain in more detail what he likes/don't like. He should had spent more time with it though and raced against fast drivers on the platform to force him to push more to the limit. I think his view on the braking is probably a bit off the mark, not a ACC expert, but from what I have understood, it's not as one dimensional he makes it to be that you just go 100% without my trailing no matter what corner.

I just wish there would be more IRL professional drivers that have experience of many sim titles too and would be willing to give their opinions (and not being affiliated with any single sim).

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I think I hurt my foot driving Le Mans too much :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Racinglegend1234

They should add cruise control

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gyarmati Dávid

Gyarmati Dávid New Member

@Renato Simioni
    First of all i want to congratulate to the whole team who worked hard in this beautiful sim to achieve what we currently have. I want to ask if unique control presets/car is planned or not? It would be a great feature, so i dont have to rebind my abs buttons to ers buttons every time if i want to switch from gt3 to lmdh since i dont have unlimited buttons on my wheel. (a "shift button" or a secondary keybind option is also a must have in my opinion) I have presets for each class i drive but i cant even change it mid session if i forgot to change it in the menu. Another great addition would be to have preview picture presets. As a skin modder its hard to make preview pictures which are not standing out of the game compared to the original ones.
    These two features seems not too hard to implement but it would mean a lot to me and im sure that others would welcome these too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Good call! I think I'll call it Post-Apocalyptic Snowy Virginia :D This cold marshall says Hi!

20240107165806_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for the answer. So if I understand it the other sims just take a curve and that is that in the meanwhile AMS2 doesn't set a curve but it comes natural due to them simulating everything (I mean much)?
    Reiza said that there is a little bit of a plateau and they want to rectify that to a degree.
    Wouldn't that mean that they have real world data how that curve needs to be? Maybe I am simplifying it to much because I think all those simulations are very complex and integrate with each other.
    I am interested how the curve for example is on the GT3 in real life and how it differs from AMS2 and how much from ACC for example and if it gives valuable information.
    It would be nice to know from Reiza which department on physics they still want to see improvement in.
    And yeah about pro drivers. You hear so many different things, I believe Max Verstappen praised AC a great deal.
    I don't know what to think about it all because I think it depends on how many time they have invested into a sim and which one they have tried.
    Some pro drivers say that things feel great in a sim and then some other pro driver says it is crap. You read that here also saying hey I drove this in real life and it feels like AMS2 but I heard that from every simulator. So that can't be right. I even heard that about PC2.
    The problem it seems is that you can get every data right (and that should be the goal imo) and you will still be stuck with some black art to get the right feeling because everything is so complex.

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Verstappen did praise AC physics. Don't know in which circunstances he said that, but he did.

However I do believe all sims (including AC and AMS2) are so far off reality that it is pointless to claim one or the other is more realistic. What matters to me is just the suspension of disbelief.

With that said, AMS2 is definitely the most newbie friendly of the bunch, as it is VERY forgiving below what everyone calls "the limit" if compared to the rest. Is it wrong to be this forgiving? Is it right? I don't care.

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The biggest problem by comparing the "realism" of different racing games close to the cornering limit is that every skilled virtual drivers does get accustomed to the used physics after about 1-2 H.
    And just think about 1-2 days upon that:rolleyes:

Thats the reason passionate iRacers is ready to swear by their mothers life that their personal sim is much more realistic than rF2, rF1, AC, ACC, AMS1/2 and Raceroom together.
    You can get accustomed to any reasonable racing game.:cool:
    Accustomed so you does become "blind" to any other racing game.
    Until you use some serious time to focus on driving one of the other games from the competition.
    Thats also the reason its a bit funny to point to people with another oppinion and say they are biased.
    Because your strongest bias is the unconscious one established by your habbits.;)

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

It's horses for courses, innit? All the sims scratch a different itch. I love ACC, but I really love RRE too. AMS2 has totally unique charms though, with one of them being how aesthetically pleasing and visually consistent it is. Reiza's Le Mans track is the most Reiza track in the same way that Livin' Thing is ELO's most ELO track*. It just is.

*Different types of trick, obviously. You have to clarify this sort of thing in 2024. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1