1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. vfragos

vfragos Member

For a sim i consider it as game breaking. If it was an arcade, immersion breaking...

2. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I guess Madness Engine has many problems regarding loading settings, let it be ABS existance or complete car setups.
    In my case, right now (changes over time :whistle:):
    1. Everytime I load AMS2, Stock car is selected (and since I do multiclass, I have not only to select the desired car again but also go to opponents and delete Stock car)
    2. Everytime I load a track, I have to enter (and exit) edit setup to load previous used one (before it was always loaded correctly)
    It may seem simple to debug, but if Reiza hasn't found it yet, it's because it isn't, not because they don't care (same for all devs out there...).
    Since I cannot reproduce the problem consistently, I don't report it - it has no use to devs. Many have the same situation when they say 'the problem is back' - but not to all users.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Stock Car being selected usually only happens after a major update has overwritten something in your files. I suspect there is some sort of read-only status somewhere in your Documents. Have you tried re-naming your AMS 2 Documents folder so the game will create a new one? This requires re-doing settings, but not just to test the load issue. You can just pick a different car, exit, and go back in. If it is fixed (new car/series shows up), then delete the old folder and proceed to reset your settings. If it is not fixed, then delete the new folder and rename your old one back so you will be where you started.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Even with the game aids set to off, the Authentic setting certainly lets the cars that have the aids use them.

Which cars have you found that don't have the aids that should when the game aids are set to off?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. vfragos

vfragos Member

Have you ever drive in heavy rain, storm, let alone to be behind other cars and you don't have to use the wipers a single time and i will not mention that here we talk about racing conditions. Go see a few videos of racing under heavy rain.

6. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

No it’s some bug, since this last patch all this sort of stuff mentioned has started happening and its random as a lot of the time I load in and it’s exactly how I had it, like camera position in a car and other times it’s reset, but a reload or a few button press and my camera is back to how I want it, so not a major deal.

But yea I’ll give your suggestion a try see if that fixes it.

8. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Just the fact that when it bugs out and none of them work, they only work again if I cycle through with the button back to low. Ideally I want all game assists off and just have the car controls. I've been in the settings though and turned off authentic to be able to access the TC and abs settings and turned them off along with stability. I've then selected authentic which has now removed access to those settings. Since the last update it hasn't turned them off funnily enough so I don't have the buttons mapped.

Maybe having just selected authentic without turning off the other stuff first was messing it up. I'll post back if there is unexpected behaviour.

9. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

I have it all set to authentic and sometimes in a GT3 race weekend for example I’ll do practice and abs works then quali it’s disabled unless I cycle it, then it works again.

10. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got this Stock car issue as well with v1.5.5.1 patch. It hasn't happened before.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same story here, nuked my documents folder, issue remains. I did have one of the new dlc cars selected before the update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. pitkin

pitkin New Member AMS2 Club Member

If it was anywhere approaching undriveable, it would be representing RL better!:whistle:

13. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Please could you tell me the difference between sim, simcade and arcade?
    And for me EVERY sim, simcade or arcade running on a home pc is a GAME....:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Yes, I must admit that the attitude of some people is quite pitiful. Asking if a problem is on the developers' radar becomes a demand according to dishonest and low-value men.
    What do you want, the world is full of unpleasant people.
    Concerning the help coming and going, I must admit that I have not encountered this problem much.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

The important thing is pleasure. Some people have a lot of fun setting up their car, looking for tenths...others just want to sit down and race.
    That's what's good about a game whether it's Full Sim, Simcade or arcade.

17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Every sim is a game, but not every game is a sim...;):whistle:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Well, in some aspect every game is simulating something - even tic-tac-toe ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This did not appear in beta to the best of my knowledge. Please anyone who is reading who is also experiencing this reply with as many details as possible. It sounds like it could affect several different elements in the game, so may be a systemic issue.

20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I've been relutant to do that, would prefer to just delete/rename the relevant file.
    I have problems assigning my Moza R12 (simply can't do it) and still using the old TS-PC profile (that way I can calibrate and use everything as usual). But I guess I can use default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav afterwards...