1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Areyoukiddingme.jpg

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah its distracting eventhough I havent noticed they are beheaded.
    But just like in older racing games they wait to pop in until you are very close.
    But I guess the reason it is noticeable is because the graphics on this LeMans track is just amazingly good. Hehe except the beheaded 3 marshalls:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vfragos

vfragos Member

Turn your attitude down, i don't give a **** to tell you who am i. The rest goes to people with better attitude than yours. I love AMS 2, i don't like ACC, but facts are facts, rain is so bad in vr at least and i posted it to find if it is a bug or what. I have to admit with frustration (i have every right to be) after those big announcements about the rain overhaul. I agree about ACC by the way in many aspects of it. As i said on another post, i think AMS 2 is the best all around out there, but the rain at least in vr looks crap. Also for things i love i like to point the problems so they will be fixed and get better. If i didn't like AMS 2 i would not post and not bother for it at all

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Hi team, Quick question, following the recent advancements in physics to the game, are there any plans to update the paddock at all? The driving experience is extremely immersive in VR but the only thing that lets it down now for me is the Pit Crew animations and not having the ability to match liveries with the drivers and cars, sound effects and the emptiness of the pit lane in general. is this on the roadmap?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. vfragos

vfragos Member

Many people in here think they own the forum and nobody can't tell a negative criticism for AMS 2 which their only intention is to be better. Just know that with this attitude you are the only ones you are bad for the game. Also you think you are funny but you don't have it at all

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. vfragos

vfragos Member

Also another think i noticed in vr at least is that the helmet view is not usable any more, you can't see almost anything from the road and the car dash. It's just a thin stripe of view. This was not the case with previous versions of the game. At least this dosen't bother me cause i never use this view.

7. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Unfortunately I am at work and with very limited time lately to dig deeper in the sim.
    Anyhow, yesterday evening I wanted to explore setups with a drastic (and I'd say scientific) approach.
    My target is to turn one by one each setting (especially suspension-related) all the way up and then all the way down, individually, adn then drive to check what they do and to what extent.
    I started with the basic: front and rear toe-in.
    Car: supercar V8.
    Well, I kindly ask you guys who are willing to double check it (and hopefully prove me wrong) but I had the exact feeling that front TOE-IN settings works reversed.
    Positive values --> (+2°) the car is completely unstable on straight, dives into corner at slightest wheel movement (this is an effect of front toe-out)
    Negative values --> (-2°) the car is planted at the front with plenty of understeer and sluggish to respond to wheel input (actual effect of front toe-in)
    I have the feeling that the + and - are inverted.

I checked rear toe and insted to me it works in the right way. It does not go on the minus side values, but if I jack it up (+2°) then the car becomes "draggy" and it just does not want to oversteer whatsoever, instead it pushes the front into power understeer.

I'd love to do the same with all other settings but I have no time in these days.

Looking forward to dive deeper (and to read your feedback)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess you could be completely right in your observation.
    Because if you as example check the TT setups out then most drivers only use the default setups with 1-4 tiny changes.
    And from what I have seen with no changes in as example the toe in/out.

9. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, you are right! My 61 years shine through.

10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a nice change of pace when the main focus of the thread is how good/bad the rain effects are :p. Before it would be people writing about how floaty the cars felt ad nauseam, so the physics have definitely improved! :D

The rain looks fine to me, but as with everything it can be improved still, my main issue with it actually is not necessarily how it looks in the cockpit, but how the rain drops look relative to the weather "severity", light rain looks more like heavy rain IMHO. It's confusing and weird doing lap after lap with the rain falling and the track only gets to the damp status after 10+laps of driving in what looks from the outside like heavy rain.

If you want horrendous looking rain in a modern sim, try ACC. It's appalling and looks like PS2 era rain effects.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Agree with you, and if I might add, at least visually in replays is the same, light rain looks much more as heavy rain on replays. Heavy rain looks like a mega thunderstorm and so on…

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got my first VR set very recently and not actually tested it much on rain condititions until now, basically just to see what people are talking about (with the GT3 gen2 McLaren. with particle quality and density at high/ultra if it makes any difference).

At least for me, it's false to sai that the rain drops wouldn't be visible on the windscreen and wouldn't increase based on the severy of the rain, as they clearly seem to do that to me. There something weird going on though, as it builds up, but then starts to vanish (without wipers), then starts to build up again, but never reaching a point where you vision would get affect enough to require wipers (even at night in heavy rain). This is when standing still. If you drive, it starts to flow away the faster you go, which makes sense because of the wind (at least to a degree). During driving your visibility can be hampered by the spray still though.

I shortly tried medium rain with F1-ultimate and I could also see some drops on the helmet visor, but those were not common and a bit hard to see (and verify) too.. so not 100% sure about that.

Can't say for sure is there a bug or is it just what it is... restricting water building up enough to hamper the visibility is something that could have been done for performance reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 New Member

maybe a stupid question: the cars of the Endurance Pack are all labeled as "low downforce". Is there a "high downforce" version also available?

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would think so. Check how it looks when choosing Monaco

• Like Like x 1
  15. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

If you pick non-high speed track, the ‘low downforce variant’ becomes the regular variant. Whether that’s high downforce or not I haven’t confirmed, but I suspect it is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 New Member

Thats it. At Monaco i get the version without "low downforce". Thanks for helping :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

But doesn’t Monaco have a high downforce version of the F-ultimates?

18. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Interestingly; the low downforce and "normal" variants are considered two different cars in the statistics. (one of the "benefits" of having all statistics erased :p)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the low downforce version is just a default setup change with longer gear ratios and higer top speed. There are no high/low downforce versions of LMH or LMHd in real life, it was the old LMP1 that had them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update, thoroughly enjoying it, and great to see Multi multi-class scoring has finally been added to the custom championship settings.

One question regarding multi-class racing in the custom championship, how do I enable your class position in the hud?
    My current HUD settings show my class position and overall in other modes, but only overall in the custom championship.