1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Here i am also hoping for Opala Stock Cars 1992
    19192.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Reiza - how about?
    Please :D

Chaparral-2F-Chevrolet_7 real.jpg PLM_2011_DeltaWing IndyCar intended.jpg tyrell 6wheel First National City.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

[​IMG]
    TCR! We need more close racing low powered cars.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Once AMS2 gets the endurance cars, tracks and features it deserves, I'd like it to focus on for a bit on historical and modern touring car racing. More cars à la GT legends, super touring and modern TCR/BTCC, and tracks to suit them

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BrunoB

Hehe I dont know what your **** means but if there is a pit called Garage 56 in Reizas LM24H then we also need a genuine Garage 56 car to drive.
    And man controlling the HUGE rear spoiler with the brake pedal in the cute Chap would be awesome.
    The last one with the sexy wheels will just be top of the cake.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Reiza if you hear my plea I will be ready to pay double for these 3 "cars". Promise to think about it -OK?:p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Would you eat a shoe for them?

8. BrunoB

Yes no problem.
    In a virtual world I would eat as many virtual shoes as needed.
    ByTheWay: Double amount for the Delta :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

First thank you for the answer and also thank you for the others that responded.
    I do disagree with you about the primary judgement being which gives you the best pleasure and immersive experience. See for example to take it to extremes, I also like Forza Horizon but it clearly is not a sim.
    So basically 99% of people don't know which is a realistic simulator or not. Now we have many pro drivers like Max Verstappen saying that Assetto Corsa is a realistic simulator. But Assetto Corsa feels different than AMS2. We have mixed opinions on ACC by the pros. On the other hand we had a discussion here that Reiza likes to work with engineers instead of drivers and that drivers are not the best source to make a realistic sim or judge them.
    With all these different experiences it cannot be that they all replicate real life to the same degree imo. Unless they converge to one that feels the same no matter what sim you drive.
    This is also about what ordinary people without real life experience can judge a sim. I can only think about a few things like laptime and looking at onboard footage.
    And it is this onboard footage that I am interested in. Is that a good metric to go on which is available to ordinary people?
    Because in many onboard footage it seems like many racecars have immense grip. I do see the pro drivers making fast corrections with the wheel.
    That is why I compare AMS2 with onboard footage of the real thing. And compare where the corrections are made and by how much. But I don't know if this is a good way to judge which sim is the most realistic.
    I know it goes much further off course like how cars react when they collide or how we can replicate realistically how a driver feels in a race car. Like for example we see the camera in AMS2 is much different than what we see in onboard footage. Like with the bouncing. When we drive a car we don't see the bouncing because our vision reacts directly to it. Or what sensations the sound gives for realism like some sort of floating feeling due to the sound of the tires or how you feel immersed due to the echo of the car sound due to walls and more. It is also these things that imo are very important for immersion. I think this is something where a lot of gains can be reached. To me it is an important and interesting topic.

10. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know a guy (not personally) and he is team owner of a simracing team and he tested his GT3 sim racing car IRL (this year on Portimao and Mugello) . So if we want to compare we should get the Ferrari 296 in AMS2 and ask him ;). Also because I heard his feedback is top notch.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Could not find it, so I’ll ask. When I drive the McLaren Hitech gen2. It auto shifts even I have the shifting on manual. Is this a know bug or normal behaviour?

12. BrunoB

Someone has reported this in another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can change it in the setup screen, it's on the first screen, set "auto gears" to "off". Additionally you can map keys under options->controls->edit assignments->assistance and set buttons/keys for the "onboard autoshift mode" to change it while driving.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fans of iRacing will defend iRacing as the most realistic.
    Fans of AC will defend AC as the most realistic.
    Fans of ACC will defend ACC as the most realistic.
    Fans of rF2 will defend rF2 as the most realistic.
    Fans of AMS1 will defend AMS1 as the most realistic.
    Fans of AMS2 will defend AMS2 as the most realistic.

Since this is AMS2's forum, here you will hear the echo chamber that AMS2 physics is better than the rest.

The truth is that it is VERY likely none of them are even close to reality. Fighting which one is the most realistic is a waste of time.

Try to enjoy the one who gives you the suspension of disbelief. I, for one, like all of them... If I were to pick only one, then AMS1 would be my choice - but not because I dislike the rest...

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

But how do you get the most disbelief when we (I mean most) have never driven those racecars? Aren't we then not living in a fantasy?
    Surely you must get that belief from somewhere. And therefore I think mostly comes from looking at races and looking at onboards and driving our own cars.
    I don't think it is a waste of time to take some metrics to see which one is the most realistic or make AMS2 more realistic.
    Imo Reiza is looking at telemetry and such to get to the most realistic sim. And we then get to drive that result. But how can we ordinary people judge if it is realistic or not and then we come to our senses like vision and auditory and feedback from the wheel and for some from the motion rig.
    That is why I keep banging on onboard footage. Unless someone gives a good reason why this is also not good for us to judge the realism of a sim by this footage. And I mean only in this small compartment, I am not talking about collisions and other things. After all it is this result we can judge and not the telemetry and such. If I am to obscure then say it.

17. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I am more and less interested in how close to real life a game/sim is. I do care a lot about how fun it is. AMS2 is a lot of fun.

18. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I tried the Camaro GT4 for the first time today, what a lovely car :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

I believe this is normal behaviour, it was one of the electronic aids implemented in 1993 car, so it’s authentic behaviour.

20. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, I’m my opinion, unless we have telemetry data from same car track combo to correlate with our sim telemetry data, it’s more about perception of what is realistic or not to be honest. However, I know that a lot of streamers like to reduce any screen vibration to “freeze” the car when using in car cam. I try to replicate a bit the vibrations and g forces and only use helmet view to try to correlate from what I see in real footage and have the most immersive ride I can (my pc cannot handle vr, so this is the best I can do), even this means that I won’t have the optimal view of track, opponents, etc and I know that this might make my lap times maybe a bit slower than using other view than helmet cam. At least now when I using F1 new gen, it’s great to correlate my view with modern in helmet camera videos from current F1 drivers. I can have almost the exact FOV from Alonso in Spa because I could correlate with his laps in helmetcam view, which is great. Prior the introduction of these helmet cams it was much harder to try to find the exact FOV. I wish we had these cameras in the past or for more grass roots categories.