1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the R390 was not raced anywhere outside Le Mans 97 and 98? Making both versions actually LDF, and Reiza taking an artistic license to represent a Sprint version to compete with GT1 stablemates? Not that I complain though, but it explains why, as you said, there is no "right" solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mking

Mking New Member

Thanks for the update. In future coming a traction control slip option ? Tc 1 is to strong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

What I wouldnt give for a version of that car with slick tires and racing liveries. Like a cup series of this thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

If there was one then I would use the Brabham for more than just production car multiclass where it comes up on the Polo at warp speed.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last night I joined a 30 min Group C race at Spa. I was driving the R89C with a setup that was shared via screenshots. I made the mistake of leaving radiator as it came, closed down to 50%. That made the oil temperature go high, but was still in check during practice and qualy. At race it was hotter, and the oil went above 130 ºC at some points on the track (namely at the end of Kemmel), and Crew Chief started warning me about it. And while the damage on the drivetrain at the HUD was not racking up a lot (it never got above 2), and random failures were not enabled in the server, it still caused a turbo failure, meaning that I progressively lost all boost (was running it at 100%) and got slower each lap, to the point that I could not even reach 5th gear, and was passed by everybody that was still racing. A pitstop for repairs put the damage on the drivetrain back to zero, but it still did not fix the turbo.

Honestly very impressed by how mechanical damage is simulated. It may have made my race hell, but I found it very realistic, so won't complain one bit :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

New update looks great! looking forward to trying it when I can.

Sorry if this has been posted, but do we happen to have an explicit list of the cars that have had the latest tyre updates pushed? I found the GT3s very fun to drive now with the new changes but I don't want to start trying other cars and getting placebo'd into thinking it's different (the last update had something about modern slicks, but I don't know what technically counts as modern).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I may quote this the next time someone on the internet calls AMS2 a simcade:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Between the new F-USA sounds and the new camera angles at Fontana, definitely seems like they studied that

• Like Like x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Doing AI tests on oval and made a 2 minute video. Should i post my findings and experience here or into a different section ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Wow! Not sure why Reiza calls them "minor tread adjustments" because to me its a MAJOR change.

Drove the F3, no longer could I powerslide as easy or just throw the rear into medium speed corners.

I was surprised to see it lost grip during midspeed corners a lot easier, I could still spin out of low speed corners as you expect but I could feel I did not have the same buffer of control, a lot scarier.

After a few laps I tried to push the car a bit too heavy into corners and could see that my tyres would struggle by becoming quite hot.

F-Classic Gen3 soft compound felt great too! Never liked those cars before but now they just click! Gonna spend more time with them now for sure.

I'm just amazed how long AMS 2 has come and I'm so happy about these "minor" changes from the two recent patches, they finally gotten to the root of some of the issues I had before and for me its the biggest change after all these years I think.

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

was not trying at all to make this happen, but shows the way the attitude of the suspension can be so easily upset in a believable manner.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Captura de tela 2024-01-29 182809.png

This is minor - 0.002 & 0.02 adjustments in two vectors of a single coefficient, it´s literally all that changed for the F3s. A lot of the other "minor" tread adjustments over the last couple of updates are even smaller than that. Doesn´t mean the resulting handling change is equally minor - tire physics are sensitive :)

• Informative Informative x 40
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Wow, nice tribute video of that record :) Like the announcer on the original video above said, it didn't even look that fast :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Wow..... Thanks for posting this.
    I think I watched it 10 times. Damn natural.
    If it really was not on purpose and it just "happened" While pushing (which I believe is the case) then I guess we really"are there".

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

For development of custom FFB I do a lot of tests (more than races) with F309 at Cleveland.
    The bumpy track makes the F309 very prone to loose composure (mainly because of bottoming out with cold tyres). Also, the bumpy track is very good exposing the complexity of tyre model.
    I didn't touch this combo for a while now (maybe a few weeks, so I may be biased by LMDh/GT3 driving) but today I really felt it more sensitity (in a good way!!) when entering turns with excessive speed or relying too much on grip conditions. An extremely good feeling!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Still hoping we would one day get the Mazda MX5
    row_8215.jpg

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Oh wow 7K lines of code?

And is that SVN I smell?

20. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

If that smell is pleasant 99% of the time, but that other 1% it smells like poo, then yes. :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1