1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

This track is missed, see Twin Ring Motegi twin_ring_motegi.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

I would pay for this track

• Like Like x 2
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You can edit a message and write your second or thirt sentence into the same one instead of making two or three different ones. Just trying to help.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

Motegi is missed, don't even tell me, I'd like to race on it in Gran Turismo, Moto GP, I'd like to see it with the AMS2 graphics engine

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Djangopass

Djangopass Formula Vintage cars

This is exactly what I remember. And I hope also to have that. Furthermore in the Gen 3 the Boost seems not to working at all. Where in the Lotus 98T works instead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Forget about turbo dials, how about this, super, duper, ultra low downforce version for the FV10G1 :p

I can't imagine that would be too nice to drive around the Lesmos and Variante Ascari.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

is it just me that finds this just hilarious? It's like a meme car

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Id really love me a Motegi.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

What could be used is the same button for multiple purposes when they don't colide (like DRS and push-2-pass). For us driving different cars, with different characteristics would help muscle memory.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Boost and P2P already use the same button. A turbo boost adjustment needs a dial, like brake bias or TC so it can be raised or lowered.

By the way, I love the low-tech way they marked the "default" setting on the real car in that second pic! Analogue gauges and dials/controls!! How things have changed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Yes, but it can go a little further. Same button can do BOOST, P2P and DRS. I guess they are mutually exclusive, but I'm not really a very knowledeged person when talking about race cars history, so I admit I can be wrong :whistle:.
    All in all, a warning should be displayed when trying to assign a key to multiple actions, but it should be allowed anyways.
    It was very usefull for me in rF2, although that was done with a hack - editing the controller .JSON file directly. Of course, I didn't even bother to ask S397 to allow that in-game, it would be a mute request.

12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately that doesn't make a lot of sense for cars that have both, i.e. the Formula Reiza. In order to use the KERS you need to keep the boost button pressed, but at the same time you might want to use DRS. Dual assignment via press and hold could theoretically work (press to toggle DRS, hold to boost), but that might get too confusing. (And such a dual functionality would need to be added in the first place.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Question:
    how is ERS working with LMHD cars?
    Energy goes empty but is not reloaded (last try with Porsche). Even if ERS is set to "build"

14. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

How well the car builds charge vs. using it depends a lot on the individual track. On some tracks you can easily run qualifying mode for several laps (i.e. Brands Hatch), while it will barely last one whole lap on others (i.e. Le Mans).

Anyway, 'build' mode still uses ERS charge, so if that isn't enough to recharge an empty battery try turning it off for a while. When disabled, the system will still build charge, just not deploy any of it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. GameOne1987

GameOne1987 New Member

Hello, I think there is a problem with the rear tires on the GT4 cars. I drove the BMW GT4 and the tires seem to overheat and start to smear at 95 degrees. Driving is then almost impossible or is it because of the Montreal track? sorry for my English with translated

16. Joaquim Pereira

That was just an example, I really assume my ignorance about systems allowed in various competions. I also thought about ARB and weight jackers but, again, I don't know if they coexist in some class. I just know I don't what to use keyboard while driving (they say driving and texting is bad!! :D) and I'm really fortunate to have a MOZA FSR wheel and two button boxes with 12 buttons each (plus a few more not used by the games but change displays in those boxes).
    I'm all about flexibility whenever possible (the root code may not allow this easilly, but if it does, why not allowing users more flexibility?).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zesh

Zesh Member AMS2 Club Member

In the f1 game I would bind DRS and pit limiter to the same button as you couldn't activate DRS in the pitlane. There it was mutually exclusive. In AMS2 I'm pretty sure the P1 gen2 would let you if you wanted to so those need to be different buttons. Just another example where due to the massive variety of cars and rules sets in the game dual binding could have some unforseen circumstances unfortunately. I think the solution would be car specific bindings as an option like done in iracing so I could have DRS for modern f1, push to pass for indy, or boost for Brazilian stock all on the same button without worry of conflicting if I hopped in a P1 car.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Joaquim Pereira

@Zesh I was never robbed, so I cannot comment on that sim whose name shall not be mentioned :D, but I like the idea of general binding config been overriden whenever a car specific binding is attributed.

19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Update today?

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like it :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3