1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Aleph

Aleph New Member

Are Reiza actually going to be adding cars to older classes?

2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They said they are going to be adding to GTE in the December update and like 3 years ago when DPi released they said the Caddy was the only DPi "for now" so maybe we get another one. At this point there hasn't been anything concrete so it seems unlikely though.

3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I assume the FFB changes to the Group A refer to tweaks for a given car’s individual parameters related to either (or both) of the default FFB profiles; when I switch to Reiza’s own custom, steering rack model, the M3 behaves entirely predictably. Unfortunately, driving the M3 with Default+, as it stands, feels like more grist for the “Madness engine simcade” mill.

4. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

It's weird. The 2 tracks I ran last night that are pretty fresh with me are Spielberg 1974 and VIR. At VIR the car feels like it's on ice. I'm about a second slower and spinning out all over the place. At Spielberg it's the complete opposite. It feels more planted and I'm quicker. Same track conditions as yesterday.

5. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

I use the FullFFB custom file and didn't feel any difference.

6. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

I've tested it now in Cascavel and VIR, I had no problems. I use FFB Default+

Sorry my bad english

7. N2J

N2J New Member

What a nice surprise, a huge upgrade visually! :)

8. john Ellis

Actually, any (probably minor) changes that were recently made by Reiza to the Group A FFB were quickly assimilated once I took my own advice and drove a series of laps with the Basic profile, then the Default, and finally with the Default+. By the end of this little exercise, I had recalibrated my feel for the M3 and whatever the sim communicates from its various FFB profiles. Before I knew it, I was back to Default+ and wondering why I had pulled the forum alarm in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All normal here on Default+, so you may be using inappropriate settings. Is this the only car that feels wonky for you? If so, try a reset of the default set-up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. john Ellis

LOL, the only setting needing recalibration was my own dopaminergic expectancy and reward system. All my initial comments and concerns about “Group A this” or “FFB profile that” added up to a nothing burger.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

What about your comments re the Porsche RSR '74 being on rails? Is that still your impession?

• Like Like x 1
  12. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Haha. I think I may have done the same. Maybe it was just VIR being VIR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. john Ellis

I think I have always found the '74 911 RSR "easier" to drive in AMS2 than in other sims, such as the RSR 3.0 in Assetto Corsa for example. That being said, I think the V1.5.5 of the widebody 911 RSR in AMS2 to be very faithful to the spirit of that legendary vehicle. The feeling of controlling a rampant 911 is second to none, as the car always seems to have a bit more grip in hand--until it doesn't. The latest round of updates to the RSR arguably expands those limits--which may come as a surprise at first--and captures that experience even better.

14. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One reason for '74 911 RSR being more planted and easier to drive is simply its gear ratio, which is the longest one by default.

In AMS2 you can get the tail out more simply by choosing shorter gear ratios. And if you really really want to go sideways choosing 10 clutches in the diff settings.

My guess is that in other sims the power transfer yields less in the full simulation from the throttle pedal to engine, throttle mapping, clutch, powertrain in general, diffs all the way to fat rear tires. It can be pretty much anything there, which then leads to breaking traction easier directly only by throttle input.

It matters how fast the torque distributes through the whole system. And torque in '74 911 RSR is only half of that of the Vette in the same class, which in turn is all over the place. :)

I haven't driven '74 911 RSR in real life, and I cannot tell how it should or should not drive. But the complexity of the simulation teaches us new things about sim racing, and what may have been wrong in them in the past in particular.

Which does not mean that lesser simulation could not drive exactly like a deeper simulation in total. Just not in all situations. Particularly for these reasons things such as the track location elevation from the sea level that lessens power output can cause huge differences in the handling of cars with naturally aspired engines. Even less torque to break the traction in an already slow reacting system.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Super development cycle:
    • Great development (some really nice SP touches with the AI improvements and safety car enhancement)
    • Lovely content, genuinely contemporary and will be for the next few years (hopefully these classes get extended further with some nice class depth, fingers crossed for Mustang GT3 and the Alpine GTP)
    • Good comms throughout
    Boy, am I excited about vintage versions and whatever other endurance content and updates you have in plan for 2024!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Interested to try the new draft changes. My impression at Le Mans has been more like Renato described, I had to be closer than the AI did to get going in the draft starting the straights.

Anyway good job Reiza with recent updates :) <3

17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I made a video with the GT3 Gen2 at Le Mans 24H where i showed all sorts of situations which show the AI draft is extremely weak compared to the player's - me being a second behind i was able to catch up the AI ahead of me, the AI driver who was basically on my rear bumper at the start of the straight was left in the dust. This was at 120 difficulty.

18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...and Renato responded to you on the previous page... ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

GT3G2 seems to have issues with this, I had an identical experience at Barcelona

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There may indeed be a tire rolling resistance discrepancy with GT3 cars. How it flew under the radar after countless AI calibration runs is pretty bewildering to me atm but that seems to be the case.

Was just about to roll one last hotfix for the weekend but gonna check on this first and build again if needed be.

• Like Like x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 6