1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats just the swap to AI driver option in the In Car Menu, nothing more, and not a new function, i think they only adjusted the AI driver skill

2. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Recommend driving at Barcelona (no chicane) with Stock Car 2023 or F-Ultimate Gen2, whichever is closest to the car type you prefer, and with AI set at say 100. Set qualifying to 15 or 20 minutes to ensure the AI get enough laps in and compare their lap times with yours. If you and the fastest AI are pretty much equal then you can consider 100 (or 101/102 should you want winning to be a bigger challenge) to be your 'calibrated' AI level. If they are too fast/slow then reduce/increase the AI level and try again until you find the sweet spot. From memory with SC2023 changing the level by 1 makes about 0.3 seconds per lap difference. Once you're 'calibrated' in this way you should be able to have good races with many/most combos with little if any need to adjust the AI strength, certainly if they are around 95 or higher. I believe there can still be issues with lower AI settings though.

It's all work in progress of course given there are over 40000 car/track combos even without considering weather and seasons, so there are some outliers, but Reiza are working with the goal of our 'calibrated' AI strength being good for all combos, within +/-1 second or so per lap.

Based on the above I have almost universally good races now with the AI, and far closer than most online races I take part in to be honest.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

As others have stated, all stats are wiped. The driver rating is still in effect but car/track hours and kms are M.I.A.

4. whokilledduncan

You cannot - yet ;-) - select a specific AI driver if that's what you mean; that's a development planned for future. I've never used the function so I'm not the person to ask but I'm pretty sure that as @Roy Niessink says, you choose for AI to take over (and vice versa) at pit stops, via the in car menu.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How? It might help others...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. whokilledduncan

Our online rating is held in Steam - that's what the little download every time we play is - so it should never be lost, though there was at least one person having problems with that maybe a year ago. The affinity stats are I believe stored locally, so deleting AMS2s Documents folder for example wipes them. My guess is that the missing data is down to either users deleting the folder as part of their update practice, the game update having overwritten it, or possibly the filename being changed. (The latter like the solution to force universal set up wipes when deemed necessary).

7. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

First time ever since launch - system crash when joining any race with LeMans. Never had any update crash and burn. Doesn't matter hte class of cars, number of them etc.

Any LeMans race in the lobby will load the info page, when the progress bar gets to the very end: silence for a few seconds, than crash to desktop. Not even a bug report window.

Nothing has been modified in AMS2 except a few skin packs for early F1 that work just fine.
    Tried a reboot, same outcome.

EDIT: ****. Its not just LeMans, it doesn't matter now any track (VIR etc), any car: now the entire MP is crashing.
    This one lone update looks to have done some wrecking ball damage to my MP. :(

8. whokilledduncan

Have you done a Steam file validation? Is Le Mans the only track doing this?

9. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Was editing op right while you posted.
    1) no, haven't done one.
    2) it's now any track/lobby in mp, not just LM.

Doing a validation now....

10. MrM4sl0

MrM4sl0 New Member

Sorry

About crashing: (posted it in other thread)
    Managed to fix it somehow... deleting some files from ams2 folder then atleast 3 times verify integrity did work. it was something just 3mb big.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The wiper on the 992 GT3 Gen2 seems to stick a bit at the center when moving to the driver side.

12. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Yeah, I'm running the Names mod from RaceDepartment, but I didn't update it yet

13. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Steam validation: 10 files failed to validate and will be required.

Clearing the steam dl cache now, will validate again.
    Fingers and toes crossed....

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In the pitstop in-car-menu select "ai driver swap"

15. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All existing/future DLC is included in the advanced funding paid by “backers”. If by free you mean we don’t pay for it again, yes it’s free. It was a good program offered by Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great timing now my family is complaining that I’ve been gaming the whole afternoon lmaaaaao

• Funny Funny x 14
  17. Esky

Esky Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic update. Well done reiza and thanks for all the hard work that gets put into this title.

18. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Success!
    For those that get this crash for the first time with the xxxx.2489 LM update and invalid steam validation:

Close all.
    * Open steam: Clk steam in the top left / settings / "downloads" in the left column under steam settings.
    * Middle of page: clear download cache. Let steam logout and close itself.
    * Open steam: Right click on AMS2 / properties / then "installed files" in column / revalidate.
    Should get no 'files failed to validate and will be required' msg.

Go Race.
    No boning.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Dreams do come true! Congrats to the Reiza team and all the beta testers/ supporters. I just had one of the best immersion races ever, driving the Caddy Lmph. It felt like sim racing heaven . Reiza deserves all the positive credit coming there way in such a niche market.
    P.S. A.I was driving fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

happy new year from Denmark and thank you for this year

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1