1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Member

Which cars have not still been updated with the "minor tread adjustments".

The difference is huge. I dont want to drive the old ones anymore.

I only bought this game early in January and I remember that I while enjoyed a lot my first race with the Ginetta GT4 Super Cup but when I left the game I asked to my self... "wait a moment.. How is it possible that I managed to control a car with no electronics so easily being my very first experience?"

Now the new updated cars feels so much better and challenging.
    Which ones are left?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@DavidGossett I know it must be frustrating. But just to test that I could be right in my positive assessment off the F-Reiza I took it for a ride on WG-GP.
    Oh man this car is even better than it was on the former update.
    If I did use some time on this track I could probably up my position further :p

ByTheWay: I agree that I dont use the default setup. Sorry:whistle:

LB_F-Reiza.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With all due respect, might I remind you that the AMS2 playerbase, is a small pond. You're not the only one to have TT records on hotly contested car/track combos. You keep using "the LBâ„¢" to defend every opinion you have. I may have more wins than losses in my 6-7 years of simracing, but I know well enough that the real drivers I work around could wipe the floor with me IRL. I could equally could brag about my MP accomplishments or accomplishments in my DR2.0 days and try and use that as a way to back up my point, but I don't see the point of a "measuring contest" because it has nothing to do with how the car actually handles. There are slow drivers who have a much better understanding of the physics than either of us, so just being quick doesn't immediately validate your opinion.

I'm just asking for another look at this car, if it's not worth tweaking for Reiza, then so be it, I won't drive it much, but I suspect there is something odd with the rear of this car.

As for the default setup tweak, I meant it shouldn't bother you since you say you never use them. I'm just saying, if everyone I've raced with complains about the car being weird and we all end up having to make drastic changes, it probably means the default setup isn't that great. Edit: after testing, it's to do with the soft tire behavior, which isn't expressed in TT given the lack of tire wear.

You're free to have your opinion on the car, and I know there are cars I love to drive that maybe aren't the most realistic. Just chill with the gatekeeping. P.S check your ego. 1:16.458 no setup, 1:16.079 with tweaked setup...Now, go test this car in an actual session with tire wear and tell me how stable that rear feels.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. DavidGossett

Oh yes, a front page of a LB that has an 8 second spread... Definitely proves your point... :p

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Absolutely not an engine limitation because it is possible to bypass the livery limit. Cannot share any info on that here unfortunately other than just stating that it is possible to increase the limit to pretty much "near infinite".
    EDIT, Omega Stock Cars 1999, from 20 liveries to 40.
    20240209015246_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, then I assume its Reiza deliberately limiting liveries (or car entries). The question is, why? Could it be linked to the 32 car limit?

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It makes me very angry to hear folk who think they know how to drive, waxing lyrical about how a car should act in any given situation. Its just not that simple!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow those 3D trees make a massive difference at Monza! So much more enjoyable to race with an open wheeler on that track now.

The small/junior version of Monza still suffers from bad performance, it's the most demanding little track of the game I think, maybe some LoD tweaking could fix it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It isn't a madness engine limitation, it's how Reiza have decided to implement livery numbers. In PC2 you could add how ever many custom liveries you wanted just by editing the rcf files.

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was given an explanation quite a while ago when they brought the "custom grids" option for cars per class. They limited livery options on vehicles to avoid chances of say GT4 being completely over run by Ginettas when there were a bunch of them in comparison to the other GT4s. It was a decision myself and others didn't like because it limits things.

The only way I know you could change how many liveries are available is by pulling the rcf files, but you'd have to do that everytime the game is updated and from my understanding it is a very time consuming task.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

For instance, do you try a certain technique in RBR and then see if it works IRL? Cause I do! Just to compare! Been sideways in a fwd estate car 4 or 5 times whilst it's been wet here, using nothing but violent lfo to initiate a slide. Of course that's all rubbish and I didn't do that at all tonight, at all!

12. DavidGossett

I openly admit that I don't know how a car should act in any given situation, I just find this one strange. That could be completely accurate to the real car, I have no idea. I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time.

13. Tarmac Terrorist

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Hey mate, I'm sorry if that post sounded confrontational, I didn't mean it to be, but I'm pretty serious about driving! Have you ever lost the back end on a small hatchback at 80mph and realised its OK, cause simracing taught you not to panic, for example?

15. Tarmac Terrorist

I think that it's very useful indeed! I wish the driving test over here in the UK, waslike what the Finish driving test was like

16. Tarmac Terrorist

I honestly think its all fecking backwards here! Theoretically over here, if your folks are rich enough, you could drive a Bugatti Veyron at 16! Now you tell me how that isnt a ****ing disaster waiting to happen extremely quickly???????

17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Its a forum. Please continue to share your thoughts. Why be put off? It had a blown diffuser so as far as I am concerned your reasoning at least makes perfect sense.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Please don't keep your thoughts to yourself, your input is as valid as anyone's, and it's obvious that you care! It's always good to hear from folks with real passion!

19. Tarmac Terrorist

20. Tarmac Terrorist

OK here are a few points if you wanna know, but I'm no lewis H (if you know what I mean), but just basically... if you're gunna muck around and try stuff out, never (and I can't stress this enough!) Use public roads, cause no matter how good you are, you never know who's coming the other way! This is why I'd feel safer on a race track than on public roads! Everything is going the same way, for a start!

• Like Like x 2