1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IMO it’s a bit too quick when comparing it to the FUG1. When comparing lap times IRL around Monza in 2019 and 2022, Leclerc was quicker in 2019 by 8 tenths (he got pole in those years which the AMS2 cars are based on) and IIRC the G2 is quicker than the G1 around Monza in AMS2. Either only the G2 or both need to have an extra look at

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I believe you answered your own question with why the cars look off - it is just a generic model without a license therefore it has to have some drastic differences. I'd of course would love a properly licensed car for every existing class especially the F1 but something tells me it won't happen anytime soon. Even just 4 different generic model for the F-Ultimate 1 and 2 would be better than just one like we have now. Same with the F-V12.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Racinglegend1234

And one of those models HAS TO be based on the W13 and the W11

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. RDG

RDG Active Member

• The power to drag ratio is off, you can still do +300kph on the Kemmel straight without deploying ERS.
    • There's something off with the rotation of the car. I only drive in VR, so maybe that's why I'm more sensitive to it, but the car rotates oddly into the corners. It's almost like it has rear wheel steering or the steering angle is completely off.
    • When pushing the car very hard, it goes into a weird controllable 4 wheel slide that feels like the physics engine is throwing up. A good corner to test this is Pouhon, where it will go into this weird understeer to 4 wheel slide back and forth with the same steering input.

The FUSA2023 feels more believable than the FUG2 as a modern F1 car. FFB is better too in my opinion. I think with the F-USA 2023 being developed way later than the FUG2 and Reiza having learned more and more about the physics model in recent months an overhauled FUG2 would look, drive and feel way better than it does now. With the F1 season fixing to start next week, more and more people will flock to modern F1 cars in sims and in my humble opinion, the FUG2 is not a good advertisement for AMS2 or Reiza's abilities.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Online only.

Really odd. It does not seem to be related to weather, as some suggested, since I've witnessed it happening on non-foggy weather far more often than foggy weather. Also not sure if there is any relation to time of the day, but I don't recall ever seeing it happen at night.

6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I share your point of view on the F Ultima G2. G1 is great but G2 has weird steering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I've only ever experienced it online and with car classes that have more than one model. I used to be convinced it only happened with sunny weather and so was related to some botched attempt at simulating how in real life sunlight hitting your mirrors badly affects what you see, especially as in some cases it would partially clear up depending on where you were on the track. More recently though I've seen it with other weather types. Leaving the session and rejoining with a different car sometimes fixes it, reliably so it seems if you switch to the same car as the host.

8. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

This concurs with something that happened last night while live testing a mod car in a lobby with one other person, he was not having anything odd happening, but I would get period’s when the mirrors would fog up ,
    But it was directly related to when the sun was behind the car .
    This was a singular model car class through, and initially a passed it off as an incomplete mod that’s still wip . But it was only happening to me .

9. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Will or can the track status being reset after watching a replay be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani New Member

Can somebody hint me if we are going to get the Formula Vee and the German Touring cars (The M3 E30 and the Mercedes) with "minor" tread adjustments any time soon?

11. Kuku

im pretty sure the Group A’s ( german touring cars ) received some last update .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuku

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani New Member

Thanks! I didn't know it was called group A.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Experimental grid option for a few AI races:

It was already mentioned here some time ago but I would really hope that there would be an experimental setting whether somewhere in the game or a startup command with a big flashy warning to let us have 60 cars in Spa 2022, the full Nordschleife and Le Mans, limited to racing AI, NOT online.

I want to spend the time to figure out what exactly is causing crashes and other issues, i can give it the time because i desperately want the grid size to increase as having only 32 cars at those big tracks. The CheatEngine hack already shows that grids even up to 90 cars are possible and for some reason that way it is stable, but it is a headache to get it running. Please Reiza, consider giving us players the option to help with this.

• Agree Agree x 9
  16. Racinglegend1234

I tried it yesterday around Suzuka and I fully understand what you mean. It’s REALLY pointy and I drive with a monitor so it’s not just you

17. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you find that method stable I expect you will find the Reiza method stable too.

It looked to be very hardware/system specific when it failed or not in the beta test.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Did there seem to be a lower limit of hardware that was noticed ?

19. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Will there be any chance for this beauty? To see him race on the Reiza tracks :whistle:
    aston-martin-vantage-gt3_01.jpg aston-martin-vantage-gt3_06.jpg aston-martin-vantage-gt3_04.jpg

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
  20. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I remember it seemed almost random - at least not reproducible. It wasn't just a case of better hardware = ran ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1