1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@BazzaLB
    Yes, this forum permits!
    But that won`t turn you right.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. David Valença

David Valença New Member

I'm going to check this acceleration option but at first it's normal, I run against the AI offline and do fair races with the level very high. If the error persists I will try to reinstall the game because before the update the game was normal online

3. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Matt Sanderson

Matt Sanderson New Member

Thanks nice to know but that's not really helping me

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does everyone get a stable FPS above 60 while in the lobby? It is known that if your frame rate is really bad online, your car moves in slow motion to the tune of seconds per lap slower.

6. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I can’t wait to see those glorious 3D trees at Adelaide!
    I wonder if the electricians have been told about the Monaco tunnel lights still not working and the huge Reiza logo blocking the Mirabeau camera though? :whistle:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Hi Matt, there a 2 other suggestions I have, but note that they can break crewchief in other games as well!

- Check your Windows security settings, exclude all crewchief folders from scanning etc.
    - backup your crewchief config , delete config files and reconfig from scratch (or simply rename settings folder ;) )
    - last resort is to remove all crewchief data & app, reboot & start over.

Crewchief folders can be found here =>
    1) The program itself: C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4
    2) Your (basic) settings : c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Britton_IT_Ltd\CrewChiefV4.exe_Url_ltwjk4
    3)Your game settings:
    Your "sounds" : c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\CrewChiefV4
    4) Your profiles etc : %userprofile%\Documents\CrewChiefV4
    This last folder is the one that stores all custom settings in Crewchief, make sure it's not locked by "Windows Controlled folder access". Protect important folders from ransomware from encrypting your files with controlled folder access

8. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Honestly I'd love to see this added in the game as an easter egg or secret car of some sorts. No visual upgrades, no improvements whatsoever. The original models, original textures, original physics.

It would be a nice reminder of how far Reiza has come over the years :D A snapshot of their start (as I believe this is their first ever released car).

... ... o_O

And now that I said that, I just realised - GODDAMMIT Reiza you just fumbled a perfect idea for a small April Fools update that would have created so much free marketing from the videos and articles covering this!!

AMS2 is well-known for its breadth of historical F1 content - so why not add a truly historical Formula 1 class? The Really Retro Formula 1 class:

[​IMG]
    A late 90's low-poly style Formula class as an April Fools update :D

Not only would it have been a massive nostalgia trip for so many people, but you'd be paying homage to the early F1 games whilst also directly highlighting how far games (in particular AMS2) have progressed over the years!! It's literally a triple win for a minimal amount of work - as I can't believe modelling and texturing one or two of these low poly cars would take more than a couple of days' work.

All the sim racing YT-ers and news websites would have been all over this! You'd probably get people installing and checking out AMS2 just to play around with these - because nostalgia marketing is the money printing glitch of marketing.

These things write themselves!! :mad:

Please hire me as Marketing Person™

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zapomni

Zapomni New Member

yeap, it's a big problem is that the game can slow down when there are lots of car headlights showing in VR. This isn't just something happening in Automobilista 2; it's a common problem in many racing games that use VR.

What do you think needs to get better in VR racing games?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

Jokes aside, but I'd love that UI to be available in replays for example, triggered when appropriate car/track was selected :)

Combined with a grainy video filter too!

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Not a joke though. April Fools game updates (and generally speaking, smaller festivity-themed updates) tend to be small exposure bombs in terms of marketing. If you play your cards right, people will cover your "joke-y" content and generate exposure - after all, it's cute and endearing and guaranteed clicks for them as well. If you can create that content with minimal effort as well, it's a win-win for everyone.

Look at War Thunder for example. Their April Fools updates are well known throughout the gaming scene in general. The updates always generate huge buzz, lots of videos and articles pop up covering the update, and the players have come to genuinely eagerly await for the update to drop each year.

In the example I gave above, the nostalgia marketing of old 2000's F1 games (which given the sim racing demographic's age, most people grew up playing those), combined with AMS2's known historical F1 content, would have been the perfect combo of endearing + nostalgia + "wow" factor. I have no doubt it would have created a lot of buzz.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It helps you to know that the problem is at your end--unique to you and not a general problem related to the recent updates.

People aren't responding in a juvenile manner like "ha ha, you have a problem and we do not." It's simple facts so that you can not waste your time asking the devs to fix a problem or waiting for a fix that will never come. If you prefer people to not answer...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. David Valença

David Valença New Member

The fps is pretty regular across the board but the straight line speed is still strange for some reason. I'll try installing the game again to see if it fixes it.

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What does "pretty regular" mean? Are you constantly above 60 FPS or not? Reinstalling Steam games won't do jack.

15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s still in the plans but didn´t make it in yet as this cycle turned out shorter than was originally planned to allow a bigger V1.6 cycle which we´ll be entering after the current v1.5.6 cycle wraps - option should be present for V1.6.

• Like x 16
    • Informative x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's what people like, information. Getting happier with the current state of Automobilista 2. If we have better support for broadcasting the races, it will be great.

@Renato Simioni, don't forget to grant access to data for the race director and for broadcasting, so we can use SimHub to create broadcast dashboards and put an end to the trouble caused by the poor dash. Haha. Cheers, good work to everyone at Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. David Valença

David Valença New Member

The fps is hitting above 60 calmly but I'm going to try to reinstall the game anyway to see if this problem returns.

18. RDG

RDG Active Member

Having driven AMS2 and ACC back to back at Nords at night to compare track ambience, I noticed that AMS2 never really gets dark at night, not even at 3:00. There's always this 'light bleed' which stops it from really getting proper dark which makes it seem like you are in perpetual dusk rather than the middle of the night. Is this intentional?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

That can depend on the moon , if the moon is up and in a fuller phase it will have some ambient light .

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

in RL, there are other light sources that come into play as well. Big cities are known for creating so much light that one cannot see stars even on a clear night. Even though, we have no big cities near us, we can see many, many more stars when we visit more remote areas.

No idea if such things are modeled in AMS2 by location but, I notice different levels of darkness at different tracks.

• Informative Informative x 1