1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I do not see any performance drop. I see a constant 165 FPS.(the max my monitor can process ) With max grid and settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

By the way , Reiza Studio and members;
    Do you know we love you , you and this sim ?

That all. Worth mentioning it sometimes.
    Sorry for the English.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

How big is the new update? I’ve got 70 gigs free on my drive and Steam is not letting me download it…

Also, I’ve been having major slowdowns for the past couple of updates myself. Frames drop out for a few seconds, sometimes can’t even pause to let it pass and save my race. Anyone else?

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Have you MODS installed? Do you have Anti-Virus Software installed?
    Oh, there can be many reasons for this.
    First,the update is not so big about 100Mb or less.
    Did you do a check/file integration with Steam?(Deinstall MODS first!)
    Second,there could although be a problem with you system and or drive.Check your drive for bad sectors.
    Third,did you have all the latest windows updates?
    It would be heplful to post your system specs/OS in your profile/avatar so we can see what can cause this.
    If nothing helps,do a complete reinstall of the game or you first first try to rename the AMS2 folder under the documents folder and let the game create a new one.You then must configure your ingame settings again.
    P.S With my system seen below i can run the game all set to ULTRA and everything on highest setting @1080p / 60 hz (frames) under every circumstances .Smooth as as a baby ass:D (I don't use VR only Flat panel and no MODS/Cars installed only skins)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

The water spray is looking a lot better. Great work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Same here and my PC isn't even as good as yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ryanmelo

ryanmelo New Member

Seria maravilhoso se fosse possível ampliar o número de carros personalizados de cada marca para além dos 6 disponíveis. para que possamos correr com mais carros com skins personalizadas

8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I really urge Reiza to find out a possible bug that makes the view from cockpit rotate around the wrong reference in 3D space. I believe that's the cause for the "floating" feeling (also "center wheel" feeling) in AMS2.
    In this video we can clearly see that the problem is not in the physics - from the outside view, the car behavior is VERY, VERY believable. When I try to unsettle the car, it does exactly what it's suppose to do. I opted to use a mod car to reenforce the physics are correct, even with third party content.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps it might be better if your point-of-view was somewhere approximating where the driver's head might be instead of his chin resting on the steering wheel rim...? I don't have any disconnect between the car's movement and my perspective when I play, but my viewpoint looks similar to what it does when I sit in a real car.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a full race with the Stock Car 2024 using its in game presets at Taruma and 1 car did the whole race without doing its mandatory pit stop, ended up winning the race and didn't get disqualified, photo below of the results. Automobilista 2 4_14_2024 5_08_02 PM-min.png

• Informative Informative x 8
  11. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I play in VR, and use some g-forces on camera. The feelig is amazing in any car. It',s not a bug, it's set the POV that makes you happy.

12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At least in the F-UltimateG2 at Spielberg the AI is not OP with slicks on a wet track compared to the player . The only issue I find is that they lose all their time mid corner, they are incredibly fast under braking and acceleration but then much slower mid corner. It evens out on the final laptimes, but makes it a bit crazy racing against them in those conditions, when you see an AI coming from 10 car links behind to your bumper under braking, to then lose 5 car links mid corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends on screen size and distance to screen, (I have about the same field of view as Joaquim, but no disconnected feeling)

14. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Possible bug? Testing at Silverstone with wet preset. After some laps and a dry line appearing i escaped to box and changes tires. When i drove back to the track, the road was totally wet again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

[
    Anyone who uses VR will see that everything works correctly and there are no rotation problems in the cockpit view. Of course, in non-VR the visual and haptic representation will change and is also dependent on different settings and accessories (FOV) screen, motion

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I start to fear this is another bug not applicable to all users...
    And it's the other way around, the only way I feel connection is to move my POV to stay aligned with the front axel, hence my more forward seat position (on my triples is does not look bad, just not ideal on some cars because of side mirrors)

Btw, the same rig setup works great on other sims.

17. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you expand a bit on this "unconnected"?

Is the camera not moving enough? Is it delayed? Just saying "unconnected" isn't great feedback and could just be personal preference.

18. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious, what are you camera movement settings in game exactly? Just would like to compare with mine.

I don't get the same disconnection feeling, but I do play in VR these days on AMS2. I have limited the camera movement in AMS2 to almost minimum already before that though, because I got motion sickness from it so easily. On VR, I actually get nausea from rF2 because how the camera works, but not in AMS2 (but not when playing on monitor).

I kinda doubt there is a bug here, most likely reason is related on how the camera is implemented combined with camera movement settings and how our brain's are interpreting it

19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If you are ever getting motion sickness in VR racing games then be sure to set the CAMERA LOCK TO HORIZON to either enabled or maximum possible . I had to use that in racing games for the first year before i got used to the camera being locked to the car, and in games like Dirt Rally 2 where it is called something like "Enable camera lock" or something like that in the VR Comfort settings. The result you are looking for is the look like here on the right:

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Tiger_Feet

Tiger_Feet New Member

This is something similar I noticed in V1.3 .... the cars rotation felt 'odd' to me... but if I moved to bumper cam as a test, it felt much more natural.

Ive not tried 1.5.6 as yet...