1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

What we need is a proper LMDh hybrid implementation (as already promised by Reiza for the next cycle :cool:). LMU showed us how important that is (strategy is a must!).
    But we'll get both, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Do not,

I repeat,

Do not expect any dlc before june. They said summer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Summer starts in December here in Brazil. :)

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here

• Like Like x 1
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I live in Melbourne Australia, and here summer starts whenever it bloody well feels like it.. sometimes it doesnt start at all and other times its hot as hell.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I'm using LMU quite a bit these days. The FFB is pretty terrible compared to AMS2. Even the feeling under braking is horrible. For me RF2 had better FFB for some reason and I am talking only genuine OEM. No custom files fiddling and json personal modifications.
    The real upside of LMU is the MP atm for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

I’ve been playing more with the 2024 Brazilian Stock Cars and F1 Ultimate Gen 2 — and I can’t wait until the new tire model is applied to the GT3s. It’s a night and day difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Couldn’t disagree more; the FFB in LMU is excellent, and it’s still a WIP. I agree with you on MP though, which is a fantastic experience, despite occasional bugs/glitches. This is how MP is properly implemented; I’m sure that LMU will continue to improve, and the devs are very interactive with their community on discord. It seems they’ve learnt from past mistakes, and want to make it work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I tested the F-Ultimate Gen 2 recently and those cars went from something i really did not like, to being genuinely great fun to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

So long that they’ve got money

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1.6 is most likely gonna come out in about 4 or 5 months. Be patient people

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

yeah exactly this. I would have never touched them before, but now they're so great and so "real" feeling, whatever that means. I'm unbelievably excited about the new tyres for GT3, Formula Classics/Hitech and LMDh.

13. Joaquim Pereira

Renato is a global entity :). He speaks english and refered to Europe's (northern hemisphere) summer. Perhaps he is still trying to find the real self :D.

LMU FFB is fantastic, but not perfect (I could use a little more low speed FFB). I wouldn't mind to have a change to make a custom in there, but that's only a ME thing...
    AMS2's defaults are also great now (they were not a few months ago).

I'll put my money (pun intended ;)) on July (is already summer enough for me :rolleyes:).

• Like Like x 1
  14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LMU is great and currently I only ride there online but over time it gets a bit monotonous, I love the variety of AMS2. The FFB of AMS2 and LMU are both very good. I have a dream of an AMS2 with the curated MP from LMU.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Joaquim Pereira

My relation with AMS2 is a love/hate kind of thing.
    I NEED it to be as good as the best because of what you said. AMS2 is like a magnet, it can attract (many tracks and cars, good looking, light on systems, just works) and repulse (feeling wise, many times, is just not there yet).
    I still prefer LMU Ai tho. AMS2's AI are still very robotic and lifeless in direct comparison. I "respect" AI in LMU in a way I don't in AMS2 (where I can poke them). That can take away the challenge I need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

You better enjoy all the stuff we currently have instead of waiting on new content. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I do! So much content I have yet to drive since even before 1.5.6 came out. I usually only get to race an hour or two a few days a week, SP. I dabble in formula cars, with current focus on learning how not to flat spot. I love F Jr, the trainers, the old stock cars. All are great for 20-30 minute races. I love new content, but I've driven about 30% of all AMS2 offers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great. We agree to disagree.
    For me there is no comparison between the organic feeling of a rubber tire at work in AMS2 and the uncommunicative FFB that LMU has. RF2 is far better than LMU in that respect.
    And then there is the fact that you get no feeling whatsoever about incoming tires lock-up.
    The scrubbing feeling (both when locking or overdriving) is just absent as is the feeling of vertical loading of the tires in fast corners.
    Obviously spending time with LMU I got used to certain signs and live with the FFB they provide but I definitely find them nowhere close to what you feel on a real car wheel when driving at the limit or locking up tires.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I do agree that AMS2 ffb feels more organic in terms of rubber meeting the road feel but, LMU does better at the progressive resistance in corners (like rF2). LMU does lack the same road detail of rF2 though so, the sense of front grip-loss is not as good, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

I have seen people in LMU discord complaining about FFB, but I played the games the first weeks when it came out, so I wasn't sure what the problem was. I played it again last night and whatever they did to the FFB recently killed it for me, it went from one of the best that I have tried in my life to completely bland. Maybe you had the same situation. Hopefully it gets fixed.
    With AMS2 I am eager to try the IMSA content later out. It will definitely be a great Summer-Fall