1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Honestly I'd disagree about Kunos. Kunos has good fan reputation but as a developer they've been... kinda mediocre.

Let's face it, AC would have been long dead and forgotten had it not been so easily moddable. Base AC is straight up a bad game - horrible UI, horrible single player experience, average physics and many cars straight up feel wrong.

ACC also suffers from some problems too - horrendous FFB due to their decision to only model the front tyres FFB (??? :confused:), weird physics implementations, horrendous VR experience, and for a long time the game really didn't have enough content. Nowadays tho, ACC seems decent.

But overall, Kunos's reputation is tainted with rose-tinted nostalgia and modding glasses :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They removed this awful system?

well one positive news about FM I guess

3. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

That's what Game Pass is for. ;)

Yeah, it's the Skyrim of racing sims. (And I don't get the appeal at all tbh)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I believe you are refering to the "Supercars Pack Pt1". There is no "Street Cars Pack" dlc, that is just a base game car class.

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

So many people talking about how Game Pass is the future and whatever and think how everyone should already have it at this point. Not to brag but let me just say i have way too many games and nowhere near enough time to play them all to the point that i will never need a Game Pass as it would be just a waste of money for more games i would not have the time to play.

And if i am playing other games then i am not playing AMS2, right ? :D

20240419100947_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Joachim

Joachim New Member

What about Granja Viana Kart Stages? The best layout is still missing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dan BushDog

Dan BushDog New Member

Wow, so do you think that if SMS were still around, would AMS and PC2 be the most balanced? I haven't played RFactor yet, the price of the full content puts me off...

8. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

SMS had their issues too on the physics and simulation side, but they clearly had a lot of passion, cared a lot about the user experience, and were gods at optimising the game - so probably yeah.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about rF and rF2 too much. I don't know much about rF, but rF2 suffers from the same issues as base AC - but at least rF2 had its incredibly accurate physics system to back it up. Nevertheless, a good simulation a game does not make. Not to mention both games are no longer being actively developed. So don't ever buy the rF2 content, it ain't worth it.

But again, can't speak about rF, I don't have any experience with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dan BushDog

Dan BushDog New Member

Game Pass is just one way the industry always tries to educate consumers. They just want you to think it's cool to pay to not own the games.

We've been fooled since digital games would eliminate production costs for physical media.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I personally think that FFB in ACC is great and easy to dial in. It even shows Clipping in der HUD & from my experience many people miss to adjust the FFB to a Level that will not clip midcorner.
    Since the Nordschleife came out, I didn‘t touch another Sim and I don‘t think I will do it anytime soon.
    The armosphere at the track is perfect, it is hard to drive (I‘m still struggling to get valid lap times) and I can use a whole lot of cars that are actually used in VLN and at the 24h race.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mansell

mansell Active Member

kunos literally creates and develops software.
    IMHO, its the most reliable dev in the genre. by far.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont honestly care about this off topic too much, but everyone has their plusses and minuses. With ACC I hate the kerb bouncing physics and terrible VR experience. With AC I remember they said it was inpossible to implement night cycle and then a modder did it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not possible vs not financially viable are clearly 2 separate things that are easily interchanged in software development.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I don’t play Ac so don’t care about this pointless topic , but had to chuckle at this one.

It wasn’t financially viable so much that someone did it for nothing so either that’s clever from kunos or just proof that it was about ability not money.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

We all know how hacky the night mode is in AC - it's great it's possible, but it's not something a developer studio could get away with. Players are happy as they got reasonably working night cycle, while if the same work was delivered by Kunos it would be stripped apart and called unrealistic.

Just look at any simracing forum and see the amount of details marked as wrong or incorrect.

Kunos were right, it wasn't possible to do it to their standards while a modder can get away with a lot more and that wasn't a risk they wanted to take. Fair play.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mansell

mansell Active Member

i didn't said kunos is the best software creator and developer
    i said that they can create and develop their own software.
    this is a fundamental difference with some other "devs" in this genre.
    i hope i made my self clear now.

17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And I said there are other things to consider than just creating you own software.

I hope i made my self clear now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Yes, they should add the 500 miles layout and the oval only layout for Granja Viana, it’s a blast in real life

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Considering how much love there is for ovals here, I'm surprised the Monza historic oval layout has not been added.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you're trying to have a dig at Reiza's business model.
    The company was conceived from creating mods, and never had the resources to develop their own graphics and physics from scratch. It's completely by design that they have been hugely successful with their approach of licensing and improving established game engines.

It does not meant they aren't creators and developers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2