1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I know there is a lot of stuff tires related (like punctures, degradation, blistering etc.) inherited from PC2 times of ME, that is tuned down/disabled until tires simulation is more solid. Not sure what of the hidden stuff will be brought out for v1.6 but AFAIK there are foundations there to be developed and released which we can't yet see

2. Richard Montaudo

Richard Montaudo New Member

I can't get it to save, no wheel, no setups, no nothing! Am I the only one that this is happening to?

3. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you can have punctures. I think there is even a message when this happens and the tire shows 0psi pressure afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@Richard Montaudo
    On Windows 11?
    i'm on win 10 so can't help really.Maybe someone here can help better ,but i heard some people have had this too,but can't remember what it was called.Something with file protection or so:)
    Edit: I think i found what i mean - read here:
    Turn off Controlled Folder Access:
    [SOLVED] - Programs can't save to Documents folder - Briefly worked but then...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Check that something like onedrive isn't interfering with your ams2 folder inside the documents folder.

Also check that windows controlled folder access is turned off

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez New Member

When I read differential I thought it would be like the one that is in the F1 games (simple). Oh man I was surprised when I saw is more detailed. Does anyone know how they work?

7. wincup

wincup New Member

Well, then you made us happy, it is true that I have no source which confirms this... Thank you for your answers. @Ettore and you.

8. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Confirmed, there's been a couple of times where this has popped up as a glitch with wet tyres, where lockups would end up creating punctures, but this has always been unintended. Reiza said thats one thing they want for the future

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

didn‘t know this is unintended. it happend a couple of times but I don‘t know in which scenario exaclty.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brandito509

Brandito509 New Member

Why do they put only 20 car slot for the FUGen2 ? 24 cars was great for a 'MyTeam" type of season

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a look to some of the pit crew 3D model changes, I must say I'm not conviced they're in the right direction. For example, the Formula V12 has mechanics with the 70's helmet, while the Formula Junior has the one with balaclava (which has a hole in the mesh) and headphones, which looks more like a 90's mechanic. I've not checked them all. Might be worth it to open a new thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. bensrac32

bensrac32 New Member

I don't know if this is the right place, sorry if that's the case, but I would suggest for the new F1 car to show Brake Bias changes in the display (and other in-car adjustments), like the ERS Deploy mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

maybe in 1.6 will will have the wonky AI wheels fixed in multiplayer..... day one problem still here four years later......

other than that it looks like a good update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Please roll out the "sharper" tire grip to all cars asap. Preferably GT3 cars next first.

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The pit crew 3D models have not changed since last year. Only the colours have been assigned to better match the team livery although please keep in mind we have limited pit crew outfit colours to choose from. The reason the F-V12 has helmets is because the refueling ban was lifted in this era. We also can not assign a helmet to just the pit crew doing the refueling and non helmets to just the tyre mechanics.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I can't compare FU2 to previous version because I didn't drove it lately.
    I just give it a quick go at SPA and, overall, is fun to drive.

But, I still found cars have an intrinsic unwillingness to rotate.
    For example, FU2 (new tyre physics): start grid, from standing still, full throttle, wheel at 90º (either side), let go the clutch (or put 1st gear). The car just won't spin. It pushs the front axle forward and the rear just doesn't want to "overtake" the front. It's harder to spin in AMS2 than not to spin in other simso_O. My senses say this is not correct. Those cars should spin on a dime.
    I guess the physics engine still has an hard time to put in place slight variations in tyre grip levels. And I see evidences that the tyre model is very complex indeed, it just doesn't impact car dynamics as I expect (compared to other sims or real life driving).

That's also obvious when I lock the brakes (again, is much harder to lock brakes in AMS2 than in other games). I don't fear locking breaks in AMS2 as I fear in other sims. The cars are mostly inherently stable, the require little finesse to drive them. They tend to end up where we need them to be, but did nothing to.

If I drive a car at 90% of my aggressiveness, AMS2 shines. It's gorgeous, loads fast, has lots of tracks, lots of cars, has a compreensive FFB, car damage is intolerant as it should be, has FCY, mechanical failures and a good weather system to provide enough randomness and joy in my daily races. Very good!!
    At the limit, I feel God generously provides what I didn't buy - a stable cars that always seem to have some TC, some ABS and a some/a lot of ESP included.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Ibarra looks really great now. Kudos to the team.
    I know it's not a priority here for a sim , but i wonder if in the future the pitlane will be more "alive" when we cross it during a race.Not like GT7 of course , but with more people in it. Just a thought.

I wonder one more thing , why the yellow flages /leds panels do not activate when the player/us doing a mistake ? This flags only works for AI drivers ?
    This is not a critic , just a genuine question about that , because it's seems "not right".

Please forgive my bad English.

• Like Like x 5
  19. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

both of those things are visible on the display.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 195116.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

My fault, I checked two cars I haven't driven in a while. However as far as the Formula V12 is concerned, since it's basically the 1995 "red" F1 car, in that year mechanics had no helmets, just balaclavas. Only fireproof clothing was required. (See 1994 in the link below)
    The model with balaclava/headphones would fit perfectly IMO. They're missing the "skiing type" eye protection glasses, but it'd still be closer than the one with the 70s helmet.
    F1 Regulations 1990s

• Funny Funny x 1