1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Those are not typical pit stops. I suggest you find a reference with refueling from that year which I will not link here due to copyrights. ;)

As mentioned in my original replay..
    As much as I'd love to :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bensrac32

bensrac32 New Member

In-car adjustments are showed in the display when changed only few seconds to make it easier to see while driving, from where you change and have some reference, without making the effort to look at that tiny number. The ERS deploy is already made (a little bit tiny though but at least it's in the center and easy to read while driving.

3. Joe Gransinger

Joe Gransinger New Member

I was able to recreate your first gear spin out situation with the FU2. However, in 2nd gear (start in 2nd, or shift up from 1st as normal)you will absolutely spin. And if you jump into the 2024 stock car, turn wheel 90 degrees and floor it in 1st, you will do a 270 degree spin with ease, so it might just be a FU2 thing and not really the engine or tire model itself. But I’m also no expert.

4. Mad Day Man

Mad Day Man Member AMS2 Club Member

Backlights LOD on the Chevrolet are "damaged/faulty", i could see them only when i was very close, maybe like two car length behind. This also leads to misjudging, when the AI is braking.
    Seems to have some LOD popping in general on the backside.

Aside from this, i really like how the car feels with the 1.6 tire physics, the driftiness is gone for me with this car and feels/looks much better through the corner.

Very cool update in general, great Job!

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Valença

David Valença New Member

The "Pirelli" advertising boards are still on the circuits when selecting the 2023/2024 Stock Car series and the category has changed to Hankook

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Still this morning that car was too sensitive to spinning (even on something like 4th gear) on the beta branch. There was two builds after that, after the first fun, the car felt much better but I was still able to spin it on T4 in Barcelona when going aggressively on throttle on 4th gear (which was okay IMO). The second build came at the same time the version went public and now on public release, it feels pretty good, but not the same anymore and I definitely cannot spin it easily on higher gears. Not sure was it changed further intentionally or what happened. It's definitely better than the old gen 2, but it has a bit of what you are saying on the limit for sure.

7. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

It's exactly like you said. The point is that the majority of the team is without it; when you come to the pits, seeing all these people around you with the helmet on makes for a big difference from what it looked like back then. Having only the refuel mechanic being different would be an acceptable compromise. However I understand your argument. Thanks for answering back :)
    We could discuss this in a different thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who drove numerous super cars around tracks, change your track setting to "green" or "progressive" instead of fully "rubbered". It will change your opinion. AMS2 is very realistic when it comes to slick, or Z rated tyres on a rubbered track on a hot day.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I would believe it is because all the other F1 classes are going for realistic grid numbers of their respective era, so it would be weird to have one F1 class just stick out with a nonsense number. I personally never liked the fact there were 24 cars for the F-Ultimate Gen 2 but for people who wanted their own team, i can understand the frustration now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

I really want to take a second to praise and shout out the 3D modelers at Reiza. The new FUlt is absolutely gorgeous and such a massive step up from the old model. I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying them out in-game, but this video left me stunned at the increased detailing and fidelity on the new model!

We've seen increasingly high quality models over the years, especially with the recent GT3.G2's and the LMDh's, but seeing such a clear side-by-side really puts the accumulated experience into perspective. By contrast, the old base game content (all the Copa Gol and Copa Fuscas and so on) look like toy cars. It's very clear how far the 3D modelling has progressed :eek:

Also need to sing praise to the livery designer(s), they look so much more actual liveries I would see on a real Formula car. The older fictional liveries tend to be too simplistic and basic, but these new ones are amazing.

Once again massive kudos to the 3D modelers and texturers. You guys' work is stellar :D

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Oh, thought that was planned for "next update cycle". Oh well, hopefully it's still planned and will make it for 1.6.

Looking forward to trying out the new FU2 and stock cars as well as the track enhancements. Nice little easter present :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree about the lack of rear rotation when planting the throttle, it has always been like that and seems like some sort of artificial stabiliser is enabled. It is not with all cars but some seem to struggle with doing donuts for example when I would not expect them too. Maybe a legacy issue with some cars. But with the braking, I find the opposite, AMS2 locks up the easiest for me and trail braking is nigh on impossible, especially when only using the brakes lightly. On the updated Ibarra in the new stock car at the end of the main straight where you have to go down a number of gears to take a tightening right hander if I only just lightly touch the brake it is an instant spin, even with the default bias.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The dust is insane at cleveland airport, is this normal idk

14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also i dont think sparks are visible in the chase cam in the f-ultimate gen2 unless you are looking backwards

15. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Same here, I find trail braking to be extremely difficult in AMS2. Granted I haven't touched other sims for a while, but brakes are definitely extremely sensitive at the limit, and will almost always spin me out if I turn (>90 deg) and brake with anything more than like... 5%?

Granted I like it that way. I certainly wouldn't want more forgiving brakes. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well personally, I think it's night and day difference between previous FU2 tire behavior and the new version. I was one of those people that was of the opinion that spinning this car was not something that I ever had to worry about. Just bury the throttle on corner exit, no worries.... never spun, never worried about it.

I just took it out to interlagos and drove the way I usually would and actually spun out twice on the opening lap. Never happened before. I also locked up my brakes a couple of times which equally never seemed to happen previously. Seems miles better to me after just a very brief practice run.

Looking forward to trying it out even more later in the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

The new Formula ultimate Gen 2 - the new audio is perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I have to get used to it a little more but I love the handling now!
    My first runs in the new update were on Spa & ate the whole FR tyre in 5 laps :eek:
    (Lowering brake pressure by a couple % seems to be a quick fix on many tracks)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

You can use 20 different liveries when there are 24 available but not the reverse (at least without some modding). I am into coming back to 24 or perhaps 22.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I'm wondering if this is intended or a lack of some updates coming in 1.6? It did feel to me that the tyre deg is extremely harsh, I know softs in F1 are one and done but it does feel just a tad bit extreme. If that's intended then we might just need some time to adapt, but that's something that I've seen other people mention too so far. Fun handling though! and the model looks amazing. Love the new steering wheel!

• Agree Agree x 3