1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. nico2caen

nico2caen New Member

It's true ! We will see what Reiza will concoct for us with 1.6, and especially when. You just have to be patient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Ok guys. I've been trying the last update with the F Hitech g2, and I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed regarding a specific issue with the AI: tyre wear and pit stops.
    I'm using a custom AI and skin set btw, race length set to 33% and tyre wear to 3x. I think these cars should at least pit once per race, like I do because I start sliding...
    But It feels completely random. Can't speak for other classes, although a couple updates before they were pretty bad too. I think I'd prefer a simple system in which all the AI stop within a certain % of wear, but right now some drivers stop twice per race, some of them one, some don't at all.
    Which is especially frustrating because racing them is really fun. But it is really hard to replicate something like a real race in this magnificent historical content.
    I tried messing up with the "tyre management" value in the custom AI file, but I cannot find a logic behind who stops and who doesn't.

Just an opinion and hoping the devs are still looking at this ;)
    And also maybe someone can give me a few tips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are working on the AI tire wear and also on making the AI use different compounds. Fingers crossed on the future they are on par with the player. If you see some drivers pitting twice it might be because of a mechanical issue, not necessarily to change tires. The tire wear parameter on the custom file is disabled for now as far as I know, till they get on top of said wear being level with the player.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, AI AND player wear are under review!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean kinda but as beta test name suggests most of the new stuff don’t come completely finished like they do in official updates

(not sure if I’m allowed to say that though lol, if I’m not any staff member just warn me so I’ll delete it and not make any posts like this again)

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think everyone assumes beta means WIP. I also think Renato has said this so I don’t think what you’re saying is out of line (I might’ve stepped over a line though before this message so let me also know)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Shuar

Shuar New Member

I feel extremely dissapointed this time with Renato and the team. Last post there was the following info and I quote: "The wait for the next one won´t be as long this time - as the V1.6 update packs a far bigger punch beyond what has been previewed here, we need a few more of these articles to cover all of it so I´ll be pushing to have one every month from now until its release to cover all of it.", but until now radio silence again.

I feel we will have a couple more years to have the game in a stable final build with proper MP and SP carrer mode, which will make me put my gloves up for AMS 2 and go on to greener pastures.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  8. Racinglegend1234

AMS2 fans should know to not take his words about a time range as gospel. They’re working very hard in the beta and I would rather them work there and not write constantly. I know information is nice to have, but working on developing the sim has to be the number one priority IMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I‘m really looking forward to the IMSA content! The missing GT3‘s (Ferrari, Lambo, the Aston Martin Vantage Evo!), the LMP2 &3 car, Road Atlanta - this will be great (if it happens)!

I wonder if the original hybrid of the Lmdh cars will be part of version 1.6 and what effect it will have on braking with these cars. At the moment, you can brake pretty late & hard, while trail braking will save the corner.
    On LMU, it‘s better to brake a little early and smooth.

10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I would assume that the reason it is taking long is because they are constantly hard at work and want to make sure that the next dev update will be written with information about stuff that is actually included in the next update. Who knows how much of what is being worked on will make it into 1.6 and how much is going to take until the update after that one. And certainly getting the update at a later date but properly polished is better than getting it quickly out the door and busted.

If you are not currently happy with AMS2 then why not just genuinely take a break, play other games, do any other thing instead and come back in a month, three, or longer ? Instead of possibly burning out on the game when you are not happy with some aspects of it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. mansell

mansell Active Member

well said.
    thats very reasonable.
    IF renato follow that and didn't wrote "The wait for the next one won´t be as long this time - as the V1.6 update packs a far bigger punch beyond what has been previewed here, we need a few more of these articles to cover all of it so I´ll be pushing to have one every month from now until its release to cover all of it." it would be perfect IMHO.
    so, you tell the guy to wait for some months and maybe play something else but reiza said that stuff is gonna come every month...

@Racinglegend1234 some people here might know that they shouldn't take reiza's time range as a gospel.
    some maybe not know it.
    the guy in his first post in reiza forums got 4 dislikes for "not knowing"?
    he will learn... ;)

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First and only post after 4 years, don't seems to me as a participative guy.
    I can easely ignore his post (and not him as he doesn't post anything).

13. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if I really want a "stable final build". I mean, it will be a cool time when mods and configuration can finally stabilize and so, but at the same time it means no more improvements. They are doing a great job, the sim is constantly improving and 1.6 is not an exception.

Also, note "one every month" does not mean one every 30 days. Consider OP was written almost in April, and consider he used the term "push". Anyway, it is true Reiza usually delay things but delays are the rule in software development. There are two ways to handle delays: actually delaying, or releasing half-baked stuff. I am grateful Reiza is an indy developer and they can actually delay, that is why this thing is becoming the thing it is. Most of the time in the industry there are stakeholders forcing releases and then we get what we get. Project cars is probably a good example, a beautiful project that is actually unplayable because everything is half-baked (I know stating "unplayable" is controversial, but I cannot use more friendly terms, it is what it is).

Public build is in a fairly good state now. Relax and enjoy it. Monaco GP is in the corner, there are like 15 generations of F1 to have fun this week there. Also If anyone is into indycars, while FUSAs at indy are not one of those at the best state to my taste, I recommend the 1963 Indycar port from PC2 that was recently released by a modder. For its characteristics things work like a charm. I did an Indy 250 last Friday. To do a 2-stopper you must do at least one 34 lap stint, good luck with that lift-and-coast... (and learn what cross-weight means to do some oval setting up, unless you like boat simulators).

14. Wilfrandy Ramirez

Wilfrandy Ramirez Member

I know I may be hoping for too much, and I understand the process. Still, I have my fingers crossed hoping that the update, or just the new IMSA tracks, come out before I have to get back to college on August.

15. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

Pretty sure we go through something like this every dev cycle. I'm sure Renato's job isn't solely to write the dev blogs. In this instance, silence (and the occasional update) is a good thing. IIRC Reiza is roughly a 15-person team, compared to others where they're larger and sometimes don't give updates for longer periods of time, if at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand. If a game releases an update every month then it's all considered up to date and great by community.

If a large update is announced and dev says the wait will be longer many folks are disappointed.

There's so much good stuff already in game and content isn't sparse by any means and there's no need to be fed shiny-shiny every month and jump from one new car/track to another.

Just be patient. It's worth it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly ok with waiting, but damn I would pay Reiza 10 bucks to know whats cooking in that beta right now, I should have bought the paddock thing... Anybody got any of them dev updates?

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. mansell

mansell Active Member

are you talking to renato/reiza or to the "disappointed" guy who got the dislikes?
    because its renato who said that there will be monthly news about next update, not the customer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Racinglegend1234

Dev update: they’re cooking good cheese

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

Neither. I just don't understand the need to get the constant information about it, regardless what Renato said (and let's be frank - timescales and Renato's posts should be taken with a pinch of salt at least).
    The game is in a decent shape as it is. There's tons of quality content to indulge ourselves and yet there's still a push for more shiny and when that's "delayed" the outcome is a tantrum or just disappointment.

I just don't understand why initial commitment from Renato is treated as legal talk when if a monthly update doesn't get released is treated in such dramatic fashion.

We (as a community) can speak directly to the developer. Can we be nice to them rather than hostile?
    It's a unique opportunity to help influence and shape the product, so let's not waste that on useless battles and arguments about who said what.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3